Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: The Snowflake test

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    You don't have a job and live with your mom and dad still.
    is that true?

How many times in the last week have you said "Okay Boomer"?

[QUOTE=Patrick Chewing]Have you seen this dude

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    Additional questions should be

What is your current Facebook screensaver?

Is a climate control rally a legitimate reason to miss work?

What is the difference between political and social politics?

What is your favorite news source?

Answer these ones Shogon

that's too many questions and you have to ask people one off shit, not straight up questions or they will worm their way out. Like the test question "Have you ever read guns and ammo?"

-Smak

What is your current Facebook screensaver?
    I don't have a Facebook account... not one that's active, anyways. It's just a big jerkoff. No thanks. All social media platforms are.

Is a climate control rally a legitimate reason to miss work?
    lol.

What is the difference between political and social politics?
    I'm not sure you can separate the two? Social politics are just a subset of politics as a whole. In fact, how are they even different? Politics are basically how we govern ourselves across a broad spectrum of human interaction issues. Social politics are the same thing... except maybe there aren't laws on the books about these issues instead? Are you referencing having public vs private stances that are different in order to manipulate masses? I don't know.

What is your favorite news source?
    I don't have one. I know of no sources that aren't ratings driven and as a result, prone to integrity compromising behavior and reporting. I literally do not trust any news source to give fact based, unbiased reporting. Or, at the very least, I don't trust any source to use facts in such a way that they so often do... which is to drum up false broad narratives using narrow skewed individual facts that aren't accurate representations of objective reality as a whole.

Averaging 1.4 ppg RealSkipBayless's Avatar

You don't have a job and live with your mom and dad still.
    Quote Originally Posted by red1
    is that true?
    RRR3, are you available to answer?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

is that true?
    He has mentioned he "would be moving to his own place soon" so I know he definitely lives with his mom and dad.

Has never made any posts that have any reference to job experience.

So, if you want to make fun of boomers, sweet but one of their criticisms of millenials is lazy, entitled, don't have a career and still live with mom and Dad.

Pretty sure he fits that bill - millenials that have their shit together can call out boomers and their drawbacks no problem. But if you're the archetype of the criticisms - well, sort your shit out before you start calling out others.

There is no such thing as one generation causing all of the problems. The truth is the extreme vast majority of human beings are lazy, selfish and irresponsible from one generation to the next.

There is truth, however, to the idea that each generation gets progressively lazier... and that is undeniably true because of technological advances in basically all aspects of life. It's not a matter of them being inherently lazier coming out of the womb... it's a matter of life being easier than it was with each passing generation.

We can argue about the financial aspects of what easier means all day long, but that's not a generation's fault... it's the fault of the federal reserve being created, later abandoning the gold standard... and much later... Richard Nixon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Reserve_Act (December 1913)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_Standard_Act (abolished April 1933)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nixon_shock#Event (August 1971)
    Last edited by Shogon; 11-05-2019 at 08:59 PM.

Each generation is softer than the one before it. This is fact.

He has mentioned he "would be moving to his own place soon" so I know he definitely lives with his mom and dad.

Has never made any posts that have any reference to job experience.

So, if you want to make fun of boomers, sweet but one of their criticisms of millenials is lazy, entitled, don't have a career and still live with mom and Dad.

Pretty sure he fits that bill - millenials that have their shit together can call out boomers and their drawbacks no problem. But if you're the archetype of the criticisms - well, sort your shit out before you start calling out others.
    if that's the case then it might be wise to excuse oneself from certain conversations.

boomers definitely do need to shut the f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck up. we definitely do have an epidemic of snowflakes but they need to understand that times have certainly changed - salaries haven't gone up yet inflation has destroyed our generation. I have a bunch of guys at work who puff their chest out and complain about millenials and when I explain the facts they literally do just that - shut the **** up.

when you bought a house for 200k, the same house that costs 1.5 mill today, and are on your third or fourth divorce - then you really can't tell me shit. that's a soft life.

when that generation dies out I'm taking all of their shit. they're gonna need people like me to step in and take the reigns and keep the show going, money coming in for investors, and our peers are soft and don't know how to work hard so there's less competition.

if people are smart they'll start getting into sales and business right now. that or something like physiotherapy for the aging population

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller
    Each generation is softer than the one before it. This is fact.

Very true. If Hitler was advancing across Europe today, we'd all be speaking German.

if that's the case then it might be wise to excuse oneself from certain conversations.

boomers definitely do need to shut the f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck up. we definitely do have an epidemic of snowflakes but they need to understand that times have certainly changed - salaries haven't gone up yet inflation has destroyed our generation. I have a bunch of guys at work who puff their chest out and complain about millenials and when I explain the facts they literally do just that - shut the **** up.

when you bought a house for 200k, the same house that costs 1.5 mill today, and are on your third or fourth divorce - then you really can't tell me shit. that's a soft life.

when that generation dies out I'm taking all of their shit. they're gonna need people like me to step in and take the reigns and keep the show going, money coming in for investors, and our peers are soft and don't know how to work hard so there's less competition.

if people are smart they'll start getting into sales and business right now. that or something like physiotherapy for the aging population
    Not all places have undergone the same level of inflation. Sure in parts of Canada, we may be talking $200k back then to $1.5 mil now, but that's only because people there are gullible enough to pay it. You go to a place like the midwest, a 2000 sq ft home in the 80's cost $70k. That same home today sells for $150k. A new home of the same size in the same area can sell for $300k.

At the end of the day if someone is fvcking dumb enough to believe their college telling them that taking out $100k in student loans is "easy to pay off once you are out in the work force" then that's their own fault for being stupid enough to believe that. That's why they are living in their parents basement trying to pay off that loan. They weren't smart enough like the rest of us to find a company to pay for their college in full as a result of an internship. You are right that millennials with a head on their shoulders are mopping up their soft snowflake competition and sending them right back to their safe spaces.

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller
    Not all places have undergone the same level of inflation. Sure in parts of Canada, we may be talking $200k back then to $1.5 mil now, but that's only because people there are gullible enough to pay it. You go to a place like the midwest, a 2000 sq ft home in the 80's cost $70k. That same home today sells for $150k. A new home of the same size in the same area can sell for $300k.

At the end of the day if someone is fvcking dumb enough to believe their college telling them that taking out $100k in student loans is "easy to pay off once you are out in the work force" then that's their own fault for being stupid enough to believe that. That's why they are living in their parents basement trying to pay off that loan. They weren't smart enough like the rest of us to find a company to pay for their college in full as a result of an internship. You are right that millennials with a head on their shoulders are mopping up their soft snowflake competition and sending them right back to their safe spaces.
    it's not "believing in the college system" or taking loans out for fun like you're implying - high schools themselves funnel intelligent people into universities because "that's what responsible intelligent people do."

implying it's a teenagers fault for trying to go to school and do the right thing and stay on the straight and narrow - that's just ridiculous.

and not everyone has the option of mooching off of parents. I paid most of my student loans off even though my parents passed away while I was young and I've supported myself in every single way since I was 18 working since I was 16 - and now I move up the ladder every year or two while winning at every aspect of my life and I party all the time while I'm handling my career.

trust me dude. you can't tell me shit. you're probably another one of those guys I was referring to with a soft life.

and regarding your argument justifying the ridiculous inflation that we deal with now - the property market is ridiculous in nearly every major city.

and take a wild guess - that's usually where the jobs are. you know - the jobs that you actually need to pay those ridiculous loans off in the first place?