Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: The Snowflake test

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller
    30k yes, but I'm talking about these advisors that tell these kids to just take out 100K because paying it back is no problem.

What I did was found a place that would pay for my STEM degree in full other than books. Then when I graduated I had no debt and a 4 year head start with all that job experience over any 22 year old that graduated college in my field and didn't work full time while doing so. I realize that there's circumstances at play here, but if you don't ask, you don't know. These kids aren't being told to be aggressive and seek out fortune 500 programs with paid schooling. They aren't being told to reach out to the parents of their friends that work at these places to seek these opportunities.
    You need to be a bit more realistic I think - it's quite difficult if you have zero connections to get a company to pay for your schooling. Get a STEM degree - sweet but saying, "look at all these dumbasses not getting their school paid for" is a bit naive and douchey.

With that said, how did you actually go about getting a company to pay for it? It's a bit of a risk to be honest since many people drop out from engineering.
    Last edited by Hawker; 11-06-2019 at 06:59 PM.

College superstar

If you need to steal money from hardworking people to fund a police department or a military to protect your bitch ass you’re a snowflake.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc.

Brutal!

Don't do em like that Patty!

They just don

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    People that are bothered by other people who are bothered by people they don't interact with, but exist somewhere, are the biggest snowflakes.

got the austrian flake

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller
    College professors and lenders lie to kids telling them that they can pay off their student loans very quickly once they get out into the work force. It's a flat out lie. The funneling doesn't matter, I have not problem with that it's the lies that are the problem. Just be honest with the kid that if he takes that loan, he's in for some hardship of paying it back. Also lenders will sneak in loans that you didn't even ask for. It should be illegal to do this, but it's not.

haha its true... i make a decent salary but my loans have been on a treadmill. I've been paying 400 a month for many years and my total owed has only gone down a couple grand. This is why usury was banned by many major religions its just a discreet form of slavery. and the you know whos who shall not be mentioned are the kings of it.

People that are bothered by other people who are bothered by people they don't interact with, but exist somewhere, are the biggest snowflakes.
    Damn, that was creative.

Aside from that we interact here. How often do you talk to people who studied gender studies?

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater

got the austrian flake
    Talking about snowflakes. Didn't you run to the police after you got slapped?

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive

Talking about snowflakes. Didn't you run to the police after you got slapped?

I don't know about you guys, but...

Outside of standard benefits, what benefits should a company offer employees?
    Just focus on actually giving them a good number of vacation days. Get the core stuff right instead of trying to promise the world and everything and then going back on it or doing it half-assed later.

What should the national minimum wage be?
    None. The US is massive and what makes sense in one part might be completely different a hundred, much less a thousand miles over with completely different economies. Having the federal gov decide would f[COLOR="Black"]uck[/COLOR] up more than it would fix. It should be decided at the state level.

How many sick days should be given to employees?
    Depends on the type of work. Ideally you'd also have enough vacation days where people wouldn't feel the need to lie and use sick days for them.

How often should employees get raises?
    When they deserve it. Companies have regular review periods where at that point they can go over that stuff. If there's a situation where an employee is working is ass off and is objectively superior, then he should get the nod over the person that constantly asks about it and tries to kiss ass instead of actually putting in work.

How do you feel about guns?
    They require little physical fitness to use compared to other weapons and means- so now absolutely useless and unfitting people are empowered with them. If you want to own a gun, sure whatever, but own up to it and admit that if you absolutely must have guns, then you either 1. live in a shithole, 2. are paranoid/have reasonable concern that danger will come to you, 3. or both. Knowing how to use a gun is one thing, flaunting one around is trashy and unbecoming of supposedly civilised society.

What are your feelings about employees or clients carrying guns?
    Workplace suicides all day baby

What are your feelings about safe spaces in challenging work environments?
    You mean a break/lounge/lunch room? Okay.

In a creative environment like The Silent Partner Marketing, what do you envision work attire looking like?
    Respectable. Dress shirts and nice shoes. Maybe polo shirts, or blazers+jeans push come to shove. Wearing shorts or t-shirts with graphic designs on them are for children and you should get fired on the spot.

Should “trigger warnings” be issued before we release content for clients or the company that might be considered “controversial”?
    F[COLOR="Black"]uc[/COLOR]k no. If someone takes offense, call them in and work it out/assure them you have the best intentions, etc. But don't have everything covered in trigger warnings every step of the way.

How do you feel about police?
    It's a job that is needed everywhere, but is difficult enough to apoint where there's more need than number of qualified cops/resources/etc. So you get a mixed bag where there's good cops, shit cops, cops that are bitter, power-tripping c[COLOR="Black"]un[/COLOR]ts, cops that can barely keep up with everything and are just trying to get by day to day. Same as firefighters, the medical field or anything else that society can't function without.

If you owned the company and were to find out that a client is operating unethically but was a high paying client…how would you handle it?
    Depends on the situation. It's too vague otherwise. Society's opinions change over time. Not long ago, homosexuality was considered unethical and taboo- and now if you don't welcome them at every turn you're the unethical one.

When was the last time you cried and why?
    A few years ago. My dog died and was suffering an immense amount of pain throughout. RIP

You arrive at an event for work and there’s a major celebrity you’ve always wanted to meet. What happens next?
    I gauge the situation and go from there. Personally, one of my peeves is that people don't introduce other people anymore. So if anything I would ask someone to introduce me.

What’s your favorite kind of adult beverage?
    any hard liquor. no budlite watered down shit

What’s the best way to communicate with clients?
    making it as straightforward as possible to explain your position and what needs to be done on both ends, etc.

What’s your favorite thing to do in your free time?
    drugs.

What are your thoughts on the current college environment as it pertains to a future workforce?
    it's a scam. They have a vested interest in having as many people with loans, paying out the ass, etc. Society pretty much coerces you to go, and to do that most people will have to take on huge loans, and ruin their lives. There's tonnes of people in American colleges who really shouldn't be there. I'm not even going to into STEM wankery or how there's majors in gender studies, etc

Ideally it would be a place purely for people actually interested in pursuing higher knowledge for the sake of it, and then giving back contributing yourself to that field. Not to get a piece of paper so you can hopefully get a job.

What’s your typical breakfast?
    bacon, a croissant. usually it's nothing at all though.

What’s your favorite drink when you go to a coffeehouse?
    girly shit like frappes. for actual coffee i usually make it myself or have someone else bring it to me at work

How do you handle bullies?
    Ignore them.

How do you handle it when your ideas are shot down?
    Clarify the idea once more, just in case maybe they misunderstood. If it gets shot down again, then I drop it forever, even if at a later time it's obvious that my idea was better. No use for "I told you so" shit, just have to move forward.

What do you do if a coworker comes to the table with an idea and it sucks?
    If there's a downside I point it out. Or try to present a situation as to where it wouldn't be feasible.

What does the first amendment mean to you?
    Freedom of speech

What does faith mean to you?
    Believing something without having evidence.

Who is your role model and why?
    There's countless. some historical figures, some fictional characters, some just people who made music or art that i like. Generally I gravitate towards characters that start off with lots of endearing or desirable traits and then end up broken and ruined by the end of it. Peter O'Toole's portrayal of Lawrence of Arabia, Kubrick's Barry Lyndon, Andrey Bolkonsky in Tolstoy's War and Peace, Frederick Henry in Hemingway's A Farewell to Arms. I just like that shit.

“You’re in Starbucks with two friends. Someone runs in and says someone is coming in with a gun in 15 seconds to shoot patrons. They offer you a gun. Do you take it? What do you do next?”
    My immediate suspicion is that the very same person intends to shoot people and is inviting me. I take the gun, because I don't carry one myself. So then I conceal the gun and take a good position. If he starts shooting or acting up, I shoot him. If someone else runs in to shoot, I shoot them. Whatever the situation, my priority is to get my two friends and myself out of there alive.

What does America mean to you?
    It's a massive landmass of two impressive continents. As for the USA: Started off with a decently respectable framework from its founders, but couldn't shake off deep issues stemming from poor foresight and management of issues like slavery, states rights, etc. Politically now it's a shitshow. I suspect that future societies will use America's current insanity and social media culture to clamp down hard on everything. Governments are already spying on us of course, but years from now they'll use "See how crazy shit gets when we let you run wild?" to justify openly doing it at every turn. Instead of pictures of Concentration Camps, wars, and Civil Rights Protests in textbooks, kids will be seeing Worldstar Hiphop videos, trailer trash, and twerking as examples as to why Big Brother is necessary.

You see someone stepping on an American flag. What do you do?
    It's an act that reflects more poorly on them over anything else. But they're likely a lost cause and I have little time to spare trying to stop by and help out every bum and mental case out on the street.

What does “privilege” mean to you?
    Envy.

What’s more important? Book smarts or street smarts? Why?
    In today's world, street smarts. Book smarts aren't valued at all by society today.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Damn, that was creative.

Aside from that we interact here. How often do you talk to people who studied gender studies?

What is gender studies? There are two genders. That's it. How can there be an entire course and degree program on something so silly?

What is gender studies? There are two genders. That's it. How can there be an entire course and degree program on something so silly?
    I think it's stupid too, even if someone believes there are 2000 genders it's useless. It's a small niche in sociology and not worth a whole curriculum, but I don't care if someone studies it. It's their cup of tea.

I think it's stupid too, even if someone believes there are 2000 genders it's useless. It's a small niche in sociology and not worth a whole curriculum, but I don't care if someone studies it. It's their cup of tea.
    and thats what makes them a snowflake

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    and thats what makes them a snowflake
    If they mind their own business they're not, but chances are big they don't do. They sureley don't study that crap for scientific reasons. They wanna preach their bs and back it up by tellung they studied it. Neither does this advance society nor does it help their careers.

It's ironic though that chewing calls others snowflakes while he's permanently offended by left leaning people and talking points. He's preaching all day and doesn't get that he's just as much a snowflake, but on the other side of the spectrum.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

If they mind their own business they're not, but chances are big they don't do. They sureley don't study that crap for scientific reasons. They wanna preach their bs and back it up by tellung they studied it. Neither does this advance society nor does it help their careers.

It's ironic though that chewing calls others snowflakes while he's permanently offended by left leaning people and talking points. He's preaching all day and doesn't get that he's just as much a snowflake, but on the other side of the spectrum.
    Because the left leaning people of today and talking points are batshit crazy thus deserve attention and ridicule. You used the word offended. I dont think Patty is offended by anyone, hes more amused that these people and ideas exist and are actually so popular in the world today. When you're amused by something and its rampant in society you tend to talk about it more.