Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 47

Thread: Kobe

  1. #31
    Bran Fam Member ImKobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Staples Center
    Posts
    22,773

    Default Re: Kobe

    Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Kobe had peak Shaq. LeBron had Zydrunas Ilgauskas.
    Kobe played the Spurs in the 2008 WCF with Pau averaging 13/10 on 45%FG, he beat them 4 - 1 while Lebron got swept with his 2nd option putting up 13/8 on 50%FG.

  2. #32
    Kropotkin stan RRR3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Anarchocommunism is the answer
    Posts
    34,362

    Default Re: Kobe

    Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    duh hyuk hyuk hyuk!
    Germany.

  3. #33
    NBA Legend kuniva_dAMiGhTy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    17,041

    Default Re: Kobe

    Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Thats not really specific, "game and knowledge".. how exactly does that come into play on the court?

    I remember Indian_guy defined it nicely, when he said why '06 Kobe is better than '06 LeBron, which was basically the same maturity argument as here of course, but I liked how he explained it.
    How much more specific can you be...with the obvious?

    Kobe was better in the post, had better footwork, and was clearly a better shooter. But most important, Kobe was a greater half-court scorer.

    Its the little things too. Jordan rushing on a fadeaway or trying to find a seam in the defense that just wasn't there. Game management. Kobe also ran the triangle to perfection, or close to it during his MVP year. That's not something we would have seen Jordan do. Or liked anyway. He hated the offense initially and broke it often when Jax took over as head coach.

    But again...all of that is experience. While Kobe had his faults, at 29 naturally he was a more polished player. And basically as efficient.

  4. #34
    Kropotkin stan RRR3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Anarchocommunism is the answer
    Posts
    34,362

    Default Re: Kobe

    Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Kobe played the Spurs in the 2008 WCF with Pau averaging 13/10 on 45%FG, he beat them 4 - 1 while Lebron got swept with his 2nd option putting up 13/8 on 50%FG.
    Damn peak Kobe was better than 22 year old LeBron. Congrats.

  5. #35
    Bran Fam Member ImKobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Staples Center
    Posts
    22,773

    Default Re: Kobe

    Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Damn peak Kobe was better than 22 year old LeBron. Congrats.
    Point is Lebron wasn't better at 22.

  6. #36
    Consensus, Cemented Vino24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Top 3
    Posts
    5,083

    Default Re: Kobe

    Welp that

  7. #37
    Kropotkin stan RRR3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Anarchocommunism is the answer
    Posts
    34,362

    Default Re: Kobe

    Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Point is Lebron wasn't better at 22.
    Than Peak Kobe? No.

    Not sure how that’s supposed to mean anything.

  8. #38
    NBA Legend kuniva_dAMiGhTy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    17,041

    Default Re: Kobe

    Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Than Peak Kobe? No.

    Not sure how that’s supposed to mean anything.
    So when did Lebron become better?

  9. #39
    Kropotkin stan RRR3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Anarchocommunism is the answer
    Posts
    34,362

    Default Re: Kobe

    Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    So when did Lebron become better?
    2009 would seem to be the year.

  10. #40
    NBA Legend kuniva_dAMiGhTy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    17,041

    Default Re: Kobe

    Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    2009 would seem to be the year.
    No arguments for Kobe or what?

    What year do most Lebron fans think his prime started anyway? I see arguments made about 2006. Think he averaged 30/5/5 that year.

  11. #41
    Kropotkin stan RRR3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Anarchocommunism is the answer
    Posts
    34,362

    Default Re: Kobe

    Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    No arguments for Kobe or what?

    What year do most Lebron fans think his prime started anyway? I see arguments made about 2006. Think he averaged 30/5/5 that year.
    I don’t see a rational argument for Kobe in 09. LeBron’s stats are overwhelming that year and he led a pretty weak cast to 66 wins.

    Idk when his prime started. Maybe 06? His peak started in 09 and lasted through 13.

  12. #42
    Banned 3ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    that ghoulash joint
    Posts
    29,196

    Default Re: Kobe

    Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe

    Lebron at age 22 averaged 25/8/8 on 41.6%FG in the Playoffs with 22/7/7 5.8 TOV on 36/20/69 splits in the Finals against the Spurs in a 0-4 loss.

    Kobe at age 22 put up 29/7/6 on 47%FG in the Playoffs with 33/7/7 51%FG in a 4-0 win against the Spurs.

    Kobe also did his damage in the hand-check era while Lebron played under softer rules.
    These facts are definitive... Kobe destroys lebron against the same comp, same age

    Kobe was clearly better

  13. #43
    Banned 3ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    that ghoulash joint
    Posts
    29,196

    Default Re: Kobe

    Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    I don’t see a rational argument for Kobe in 09. LeBron’s stats are overwhelming that year and he led a pretty weak cast to 66 wins.

    Idk when his prime started. Maybe 06? His peak started in 09 and lasted through 13.
    Here's the rational argument:

    Kobe won his first ring as "the man" that year while lebron wouldn't do that for 4 more seasons, during which he lost 3 straight times as the heavy favorite in the 09-11' playoffs

    So despite lebron's stats in 2009 and his regular season run, he didn't know how to beat teams he was supposed to beat in the playoffs - 3 straight years he lost as the favorite - he simply didn't know how to win; whereas Kobe did.. that's the argument
    Last edited by 3ball; 11-11-2019 at 08:54 PM.

  14. #44
    Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Gainesville, FL.
    Posts
    28,514

    Default Re: Kobe

    Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Kobe - 95.6 pace, 57 wins
    MJ - 99.4 pace, 38 wins

    Also, MJ was 21/22 years old, Kobe at same age averaged 29.4/7.3/6.1 for a 15 - 1 championship run.
    Mmm.

    Yummy.

    Nighty night, Simon.

  15. #45
    Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Gainesville, FL.
    Posts
    28,514

    Default Re: Kobe

    Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    BPM (especially defensive) is not a very accurate stat as its own creators admitted, I wouldn't read too much into that stat. Also, a player shooting well on a bad team would get a higher OBPM than a player shooting the same on a team that had a better average TS%. There are other issues with that statistic as well. It's one of the least important stats but you're obsessed about it beause it supports your argument, but I doubt you know anything about how it's actually calculated.

    Can you tell me why Steve Nash was only 13th and 9th in OBPM during his MVP seasons while running the 1st and 2nd best offenses in the league?
    Damn, more dessert.

    Mmm.

    Tasty.

    Nighty night, Simon.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •