Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Americans and health insurance

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
    Ding ding ding.

We will never pass decent legislation for health insurance as long as the GOP maintains the status quo.

Vote Bernie. Medicare for All.
    It goes a little farther than that, Obamacare was basically a money grab for all the insurance industry stakeholders as well, by forcing people to buy insurance from private companies or else you got penalties. Poor people who worked part time jobs got their benefits slashed while the rich were barely affected, the Cadillac tax was never put into place because the Dems were cowards after public option was taken off the table.

The whole system is corrupt as s***.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Medical costs in the US is the world's biggest scam

I had Lasik surgery done here in MX years ago at a highly reputable clinic (where I met other US citizens) for a total of about 500 bucks total when the least expensive option I had in the US was $1,500 per eye

$45,000 to have your appendix removed, GTFOH...average cost down here is about $2,500

US medical costs are waaaay the **** too high when you compare them to just about anywhere else in the world.
    Each year, thousands of Americans drive to Canada to buy insulin and thousands of Americans drive to Mexico to have dental work done.

What a country.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Medical costs in the US is the world's biggest scam

I had Lasik surgery done here in MX years ago at a highly reputable clinic (where I met other US citizens) for a total of about 500 bucks total when the least expensive option I had in the US was $1,500 per eye

$45,000 to have your appendix removed, GTFOH...average cost down here is about $2,500

US medical costs are waaaay the **** too high when you compare them to just about anywhere else in the world.
    That

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    You can insult me all you want, but insult me on something i have actually said, you dumbfu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]k shoe-slinging mooli.

I have never once advocated for limitless immigration or anything like it. Whats the point of having a nation if borders are meaningless? You know I voted for Trump right?
    I'm not a liberal and apparently neither are you. Trump is the worst option to vote for if you ever even want to start a debate on single payer healthcare, the kind you pretend to be for...

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    That’s because Mexico is a ghetto shithole dude. You probably have aids now.
    There are easily more people with AIDS in the US than down here but try again douchebag. If you ever have a healthcare emergency, better lube up dat ass real good cuz you're gonna get fukked big time Meanwhile I'll be laughing my ass off and hoping for your sake that you have an extra 100 grand laying around.

If you are like most, one of your primary concerns when considering a move outside the U.S, will be healthcare. Fortunately, you will find, in general, healthcare in Mexico is very good…and in many places it is excellent. Many doctors and dentists in Mexico received at least part of their training in the U.S. (And many U.S. doctors have trained in Mexico, notably in Guadalajara and Mexico City.) Many of them continue to go to the U.S. or Europe for ongoing training.

Every medium to large city in Mexico has at least one first-rate hospital. And a big plus is that the cost of healthcare in Mexico is generally half or less than what you might expect to pay in the U.S. The same goes for prescription drugs. Prescription drugs manufactured in Mexico cost, on average, about 30% to 60% less than the same drugs in the U.S.
    Read the link so you can be less ignorant...

https://internationalliving.com/coun...o/health-care/

I'm not a liberal and apparently neither are you. Trump is the worst option to vote for if you ever even want to start a debate on single payer healthcare, the kind you pretend to be for...
    In addition to not being a liberal, you obviously arent much of a thinker either.

A persons vote in a single instance does not sum up all of their political beliefs. Also, with our system, there are only two options to vote for in a given year, and in my state team blue was guaranteed to win by a landslide.

Anyway your post is just laughably wrong. Back in the lead up to the 2016 election, neither candidate supported single payer (Hillary said Bernies plan would "never ever come to pass"). Meanwhile, at least Trump pretended that he supported single payer.

There are easily more people with AIDS in the US than down here but try again douchebag. If you ever have a healthcare emergency, better lube up dat ass real good cuz you're gonna get fukked big time Meanwhile I'll be laughing my ass off and hoping for your sake that you have an extra 100 grand laying around.

Read the link so you can be less ignorant...

https://internationalliving.com/coun...o/health-care/
    We

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
    Each year, thousands of Americans drive to Canada to buy insulin and thousands of Americans drive to Mexico to have dental work done.

What a country.
    When I was living in TJ, it was a well known fact that Americans would drive to Mexico to buy the same prescription drugs they sold in the US at a fraction of the costs...but schmucks like egokiller will pay about 400-500 bucks to remove an impacted wisdom tooth when I had it done for $100

In addition to not being a liberal, you obviously arent much of a thinker either.

A persons vote in a single instance does not sum up all of their political beliefs. Also, with our system, there are only two options to vote for in a given year, and in my state team blue was guaranteed to win by a landslide.

Anyway your post is just laughably wrong. Back in the lead up to the 2016 election, neither candidate supported single payer (Hillary said Bernies plan would "never ever come to pass"). Meanwhile, at least Trump pretended that he supported single payer.
    You got that right, Trump pretended that he supported single payer. Unfortunately, millions got suckered in by that con-man.

I hope your proud that you voted for that POS that has rolled back countless progressive initiatives especially pertaining to the environment, way to shoot yourself in the foot but hey, you're still a purist amirite?
    Last edited by TheMan; 11-25-2019 at 11:56 AM.

You got that right, Trump pretended that he supported single payer. Unfortunately, millions got suckered in by that con-man.

I hope your proud that voted for that POS that has rolled back countless progressive initiatives especially pertaining to the environment, way to shoot yourself in the foot but hey, you're still a purist amirite?

I will gladly vote for that POS again if it means voting against an unapoloagetic cheater POS fake liberal corporatist that was handed the dem nomination thanks to DNC cheating

Obama also pretended that he supported single payer, and now his disasterous system is sucking this country dry on an industrial scale

We’ve all been to Mexico. It’s a filthy shithole. Let’s be serious for a moment, you arn’t fooling anyone here.
    FOH, you haven't gotten outside of your hicktown, you don't strike me as a worldy person. You're an ignoramus, you assume to know things but you really are clueless. I wouldn't judge the whole of the US by it's shitty places like skid row in LA or the broken down hoods of Detroit...MX has it's share of nice places, we even have internet too, that's why I'm trying to learn you some new things you didn't know about.

Get out of your safe space and travel a bit, hillbilly

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Imagine paying for healthcare

America is so behind European countries its ridiculous

FOH, you haven't gotten outside of your hicktown, you don't strike me as a worldy person. You're an ignoramus, you assume to know things but you are really clueless. I wouldn't judge the whole of the US by it's shitty places like skid row in LA or the broken down hoods of Detroit...MX has it's share of nice places, we even have internet too, that's why I'm trying to learn you some new things you didn't know about.

Get out of your safe space and travel a bit, hillbilly
    We have all been to Mexico. It sucks. It

I will gladly vote for that POS again if it means voting against an unapoloagetic cheater POS fake liberal corporatist that was handed the dem nomination thanks to DNC cheating

Obama also pretended that he supported single payer, and now his disasterous system is sucking this country dry on an industrial scale
    Meh, I agree with a lot of your viewpoints so I really don't want to get into a beef with you...I just can't understand why someone who claims to have liberal viewpoints would ever support someone who is the complete opposite of a liberal. Trump has been a complete disaster to those who care about the environment, forget his disastrous economic policies for the working and middle class, this corrupt criminal has done untold damage to the environment. That issue alone is enough for to me to never consider voting for him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/relay.n...ed-environment

We have all been to Mexico. It sucks. It’s humid and dirty. Smells like shit. There’s little 3 year old girls running around with no shoes on trying to sell you chicklets or begging for money. There’s a few decent tourist spots but besides that the place would be total hell to live. Keep projecting though. Do us all a favor and stay down there in your little Mexican shithole. You have not been missed.
    Don't worry, I ain't planning on moving back, I like taking my kids to school and not worrying if some incel like you will shoot up the school.

Gonna take my fam to Disneyland...I hope security checks for guns though