Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Why do people need a New TV every year on black friday??

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Sony OLED is sexy.

I got a nasty discount on the A1E back in 16, and ended up flipping it. Made a pretty penny on it but partially regret it.

Still love my X930E
    Sony rips off on their TVs. Samsung and LG TVs are just as good for less cost. Vizio can be nice too for even cheaper.

Besides, doesn't LG make Sony's TVs? At least the tv screen portion not the software or speaker portion

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy
    yeah this sounds like a hood rich, lower class type habit

well off people aren't rotating their TV's every 12 months, you get stable by being smart and not making those type of investments
    I know it is. I lived in the ghetto in Cincinnati from when I was born until 19. We were like the only white family within 2 blocks. Back then it would've been something else because smartphones didn't exist then.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    I have an oled 4k tv with hdr10. I rarely use it tbh, it's easier to just watch the mandolorian and watchmen on my pc.

It's not like these aps are airing high quality content anyways. HbO compresses the sh1t out of their content.
    Also The Mandalorian isn't even true HDR on Disney+ streaming right now. It's fake HDR. Analysts tested it and the nits brightness only gets up to like 200 nits...which says it's SDR. HDR goes up to 400+. Usually around 700 on explosions and stuff.

I still have to watch stuff on my TV though. I don't fully enjoy it on a 15" laptop screen attatched to a budget $350 Acer LCD panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I know it is. I lived in the ghetto in Cincinnati from when I was born until 19. We were like the only white family within 2 blocks. Back then it would've been something else because smartphones didn't exist then.
    What was considered hood back then in cincy? The area near OTR?

Quote Originally Posted by PWB15
    But dont you have to need one?
    No.

Also The Mandalorian isn't even true HDR on Disney+ streaming right now. It's fake HDR. Analysts tested it and the nits brightness only gets up to like 200 nits...which says it's SDR. HDR goes up to 400+. Usually around 700 on explosions and stuff.

I still have to watch stuff on my TV though. I don't fully enjoy it on a 15" laptop screen attatched to a budget $350 Acer LCD panel.
    I

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller
    What was considered hood back then in cincy? The area near OTR?
    Yes in Over-The-Rhine, the center of where the riots started back in 2001. Avondale was pretty bad too, but I never went there in fear or getting beat up.

I lived one block from Findlay Market, right near the OTR Community Center.

Back in the 90s OTR was rated the third worst neighborhood to live in the U.S. in terms of violent crimes per capita.

Yes near Over-The-Rhine was the center of where the riots started back in 2001. Avondale was pretty bad too, but I never went there in fear or getting beat up.

I lived one block from Findlay Market, right near the OTR Community Center.

Back in the 90s OTR was rated the third worst neighborhood to live in the U.S. in terms of violent crimes per capita.
    I was at that OTR area recently. They have some taco place called Bakersfield that was legit.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Sony rips off on their TVs. Samsung and LG TVs are just as good for less cost. Vizio can be nice too for even cheaper.

Besides, doesn't LG make Sony's TVs? At least the tv screen portion not the software or speaker portion
    I

[QUOTE=warriorfan]I

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller
    I was at that OTR area recently. They have some taco place called Bakersfield that was legit.
    I went to visit my half-sister last year. That place is GREATLY improved since I lived there in the 90s and left in 2004. Back when I lived there there were tons of buildings condemned and boarded up all along Vine Street which ran from the center downtown Cincinnati right through the ghetto northbound. There was like a barrer. You'd drive from downtown going north and see all these nice business and buildings, then within two blocks it turned full ghetto.

Drug pushers on the corners, tricks tricking, etc.

[QUOTE=egokiller]Was this at best buy or a local Tv shop? If at best buy most of those rejects don

Sony prices are on par with Samsung, and both are mot expensive than LG because both are superior. The Sony A8G (iirc) is on an entirely different echelon than the Samsung Q9.

And yes, LG does make the displays as they are the only product of OLEDs (at least we're when I sold and installed home theater), but Sonys processing is something else.

Sony's double processor is just amazing to allow your picture to upscale as much as possible without sacrificing any smart features or anything else.

The Sony OLEDs having Dolby Atmos off the screen is also unbeatable.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    I’m pretty sure Samsung doesn’t do OLED. I want to say LG invented the technology and Sony pays rights to use it in their screens.

The LG and Sony OLED’s were similar prices, I think with the sales the Sony might have actually been cheaper. I don’t care what you say, the Sony looked better.

Vizio’s are ass.
    Samsung uses QLED, which is cheaper and still looks great. LG's OLED only looks better in the black portions because the pixels can completely turn off. OLED is better but certainly more expensive.

The high end Vizios are not ass afaik. I think it is the Quantum series or something. I don't own one of their high ends but I heard about it. My bedroom 36" TV is from Vizio and it is junk from 2015 but it was cheapest I could find back then at Costco for $200 . Speakers are horrible. Still, that's not the case with their high-end stuff

Sony has always been the Apple of TVs even when Sony was the best tv company in the 90s and 00s. They rip you off.

Samsung uses QLED, which is cheaper and still looks great. LG's OLED only looks better in the black portions because the pixels can completely turn off. OLED is better but certainly more expensive.

The high end Vizios are not ass afaik. I think it is the Quantum series or something. I don't own one of their high ends but I heard about it. My bedroom 36" TV is from Vizio and it is junk from 2015 but it was cheapest I could find back then at Costco for $200 . Speakers are horrible. Still, that's not the case with their high-end stuff

Sony has always been the Apple of TVs even when Sony was the best tv company in the 90s and 00s. They rip you off.
    65 Sony A8F: $1,990
    65 Samsung Q90: $2,199

The QLed is more on par with the Sony non OLED flagship tho.
    Last edited by qrich; 11-29-2019 at 08:53 PM.