Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Why do people need a New TV every year on black friday??

what happened to the tv they bought last year???

Default Re: Why do people need a New TV every year on black friday??

Prices have come down so dramatically the last sevearl years. I bought a 55" TCL 4K HDR like two years ago for $415. This year I got a 65" TCL 6-Series QLED 4K HDR with a way better panel for $700.\

These types of TVs were thousands of dollars just a few years ago. Technology and price are starting to trickle down.

Plus my 55" TV I got two years ago still works 100%. No defective flaws at all, still have the original box. Sold it for $200, made almost half my money back. For someone looking to upgrade from a cheapo 32" or 43".

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Prices have come down so dramatically the last sevearl years. I bought a 55" TCL 4K HDR like two years ago for $415. This year I got a 65" TCL 6-Series QLED 4K HDR with a way better panel for $700.\

These types of TVs were thousands of dollars just a few years ago. Technology and price are starting to trickle down.

Plus my 55" TV I got two years ago still works 100%. No defective flaws at all, still have the original box. Sold it for $200, made almost half my money back. For someone looking to upgrade from a cheapo 32" or 43".
    I only prefer LG or Samsung brand

Because they buy shit tier TVs and think they need to upgrade.

You buy an 8 series Sony, and you will be set for years. The Sony X930E, which was released in Nov 2016 (I believe) shits on a lot of these newer TVs

Quote Originally Posted by PWB15
    I only prefer LG or Samsung brand
    I don't care. That has nothing to do with the thread topic.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Because they buy shit tier TVs and think they need to upgrade.

You buy an 8 series Sony, and you will be set for years. The Sony X930E, which was released in Nov 2016 (I believe) shits on a lot of these newer TVs
    Many people buy shit tier TVs because of pricing. Or you can slowly upgrade over time and sell the old TV for a discount and make some of your money back along the way besides dropping a grand or two on a top tier TV. Sometimes more. Honestly I don't love TV that much to drop thousands of dollars at once. Some people do though. To each their own.

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

They're so cheap I can't help myself

I got the Insignia 58" 2160p Smart UHD with the free gen 3 Alexa echo dot for $199 from Best Buy. I was thinking of putting it in the kitchen but my gf convinced me to sell it to a family member in need.

I'm keeping the Echo Dot though lol

People do that?

Mines have lasted a good 4+ year rotation

Same with my Iphone, it's been solid every 2-3 gen leaps

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong
    They're so cheap I can't help myself

I got the Insignia 58" 2160p Smart UHD with the free gen 3 Alexa echo dot for $199 from Best Buy. I was thinking of putting it in the kitchen but my gf convinced me to sell it to a family member in need.
    A 58" TV isn't a need. It's a want.

I gave away my 37 incher that I bought 10 years ago. I have a projector and I hadn't even turned the TV on for months. Plus my coworker is broke. I told him to buy me lunch and we're good. Now I have a TV stand that just takes up space

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

They have taken care of their living expenses, paid off all debts, saved at least 20% of their income, and have money left over to burn. That's why.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    I gave away my 37 incher that I bought 10 years ago. I have a projector and I hadn't even turned the TV on for months. Plus my coworker is broke. I told him to buy me lunch and we're good. Now I have a TV stand that just takes up space
    I cannot stand projector TVs. I just can't enjoy watching them in home. Maybe I Just had shitty ones I've consumed media on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness
    They have taken care of their living expenses, paid off all debts, saved at least 20% of their income, and have money left over to burn. That's why.
    No, it's usually poor people putting priorities out of order. Like those people who ride the bus and have no car, and live in low income housing on food stamps...but they have that iPhone 11 Pro though with the $250 AirPod Pros. They could literally buy a good beater car for the amount of money spent on the phone+earbuds.

Too be completely honest with you. I would've gotten a 75" over my 65", but the legs on the TV are too wide to fit my TV stand that is 58" wide. I don't feel like wall-mounting it because the placement is't nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    No, it's usually poor people putting priorities out of order. Like those people who ride the bus and have no car, and live in low income housing on food stamps...but they have that iPhone 11 Pro though with the $250 AirPod Pros. They could literally buy a good beater car for the amount of money spent on the phone+earbuds.
    yeah this sounds like a hood rich, lower class type habit

well off people aren't rotating their TV's every 12 months, you get stable by being smart and not making those type of investments