Default Does anyone provide precise information on the exact slowest tourist date for cities?

I know for a fact that google themselves have this information because of google map numbers and the volume of search inquiries coming out of a particular area, but is that information publicly available anywhere for the purpose of traveling?

I just recently visited DC this past week during Thanksgiving and while it was pretty slow, I would have preferred it was even slower... like the most slow possible... I don't like being around a shit ton of people if at all possible.

So, all that being said, does anyone know of a website that can give exact dates for lowest tourism singular days for varying cities? Not opinions. Not feelings. Not perceptions. Raw, exact and extremely specific precise singular days/weeks.

Default Re: Does anyone provide precise information on the exact slowest tourist date for cities?

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon
    I know for a fact that google themselves have this information because of google map numbers and the volume of search inquiries coming out of a particular area, but is that information publicly available anywhere for the purpose of traveling?

I just recently visited DC this past week during Thanksgiving and while it was pretty slow, I would have preferred it was even slower... like the most slow possible... I don't like being around a shit ton of people if at all possible.

So, all that being said, does anyone know of a website that can give exact dates for lowest tourism singular days for varying cities? Not opinions. Not feelings. Not perceptions. Raw, exact and extremely specific precise singular days/weeks.
    Check a shop in the middle of a tourist hotspot. Google shows when the most people visit the shop.

Default Re: Does anyone provide precise information on the exact slowest tourist date for cities?

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    Check a shop in the middle of a tourist hotspot. Google shows when the most people visit the shop.
    Google shows the time of day. Not the days themselves. And on top of that, the owners/administrators of said businesses/hot spots have the ability in conjunction with Google to restrict that information and omit it completely, which a lot often do. Besides, that's not what I'm after.

I want to know the exact calendar days and exact calendar weeks. I don't care about times of day but thank you.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Probably when the weather is the shittiest

No, but at least wheels will never have to worry about something like this.

I think without google or facebook or apple or some other large data collector it's pretty much impossible to tell BUT...

I think I may have found the closest I'm probably ever going to get...

https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en_...tels/index.htm

Basically, Hiltons are everywhere... if you use the flexible date options, it'll basically let you browse a damn near entire year's worth of their hotel rates in the city of your choice 10 or 11 months in advance... what that basically means is that you've got their data as to when their occupancy is highest. Now, while that may not perfectly correspond with when tourism is highest, it's very likely to ring true in most cases.

Tucson is pretty dead in the summer due to the heat, college students going back home and snow birds bailing out. A lot of warmer cities are like that, such as parts of the Phoenix metro area.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon
    I think without google or facebook or apple or some other large data collector it's pretty much impossible to tell BUT...

I think I may have found the closest I'm probably ever going to get...

https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en_...tels/index.htm

Basically, Hiltons are everywhere... if you use the flexible date options, it'll basically let you browse a damn near entire year's worth of their hotel rates in the city of your choice 10 or 11 months in advance... what that basically means is that you've got their data as to when their occupancy is highest. Now, while that may not perfectly correspond with when tourism is highest, it's very likely to ring true in most cases.
    Aren't Marriott's just as big? Why not include them in the analysis?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Take justin with you on your vacation please

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller
    Aren't Marriott's just as big? Why not include them in the analysis?
    Oh I'm sure they're as big if not bigger I just randomly picked a chain.