Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 201

Thread: "Back in the 90's, the game was more tough and physical"

  1. #1

    Default "Back in the 90's, the game was more tough and physical"


  2. #2
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    25,047

    Default Re: "Back in the 90's, the game was more tough and physical"

    lol He's not wrong. Any thoughts, 3ball?

  3. #3

    Default Re: "Back in the 90's, the game was more tough and physical"

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STr5YGeG4TA#t=15s

    is that Magic? The clumsy nigguh who falls on his ass while trying to reach for a rebound and then stays seated on his ass until the possession is over. Then he immediately springs up and asks for the ball.
    Were they just rounding up homeless nigguhs in trucks for NBA games? Where the hell were they finding these scrubs? This is a "Finals" game btw.

  4. #4
    ... on a leash ArbitraryWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    I walk a higher path, son
    Posts
    35,892

    Default Re: "Back in the 90's, the game was more tough and physical"

    Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STr5YGeG4TA#t=15s

    is that Magic? The clumsy nigguh who falls on his ass while trying to reach for a rebound and then stays seated on his ass until the possession is over. Then he immediately springs up and asks for the ball.
    Were they just rounding up homeless nigguhs in trucks for NBA games? Where the hell were they finding these scrubs? This is a "Finals" game btw.
    i cant...

    players would get roasted on the post-game shows for shit like that all day long


    what a glorified era

  5. #5
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,385

    Default Re: "Back in the 90's, the game was more tough and physical"

    LOL at these isolated clips!!! Go look at ANY clips from the perimeter manufactured stars after the 2005 defensive highjack and you see a red carpet stroll down the lane when the NBA basically neutered defenses.

    Here's a clip of Steve Nash, a guy who played from 1997 to 2014 and won two MVP's in 2006 and 07 thanks to the rule changes the NBA put in, breaking it down to a basic level and confirming how people like David Stern, Rob Thorn and Jerry Colangelo to name a few altered all the defensive rules starting from the mid 90's (after the panic of the MJ

  6. #6
    ... on a leash ArbitraryWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    I walk a higher path, son
    Posts
    35,892

    Default Re: "Back in the 90's, the game was more tough and physical"

    ^Look at this disillusioned loser

    Look at MJ's 50-point games, the one against Orlando, HORRIBLE defense

  7. #7

    Default Re: "Back in the 90's, the game was more tough and physical"

    stop it. Of course a 90s player would glorify their own era by saying how tough it was back then. Stop exaggerating it, defense was not tough or physical back then like these old heads keep saying it was.

  8. #8
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,385

    Default Re: "Back in the 90's, the game was more tough and physical"

    Really, the early 90's Orlando Magic one of the worst teams in the league had horrible defense, you don't say?!?

    Listen to what Steve Nash and Vince Carter are saying, they have FORGOTTEN MORE BASKETBALL than you will ever know in your entire life and Nash is basically attributing his superstar status to the rule changes that happened in the mid 2005's and Vince KNOWS multiple so called modern "stars" could not handle the physicality of those days.

    The truth is the NBA lost their collective minds AGAIN after the Spurs, Pistons and Pacers dominated the league from 2003 to 2005 making the manufactured "stars" of the era like Kobe, Carter, Iverson, LeBald, T-Mac and Wade to name a few look putrid in the process.

    Here's another little longer video explaining all this:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nBRV0TKsxo

    Millennials just can't get over the fact that David Stern and Jerry Colangelo basically sanitized and DUMBED DOWN the game so your little sensitive behinds could digested it and to prop up the modern current crop of flawed players.

  9. #9
    L3gacy RRR3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    28,448

    Default Re: "Back in the 90's, the game was more tough and physical"

    Did showtime80s just imply LeBron, Kobe, Wade, T-Mac, Iverson and Vince Carter weren’t legitimate stars? That’s just batshit insane my dude.

  10. #10
    Good High School Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    878

    Default Re: "Back in the 90's, the game was more tough and physical"

    Quote Originally Posted by keep-itreal
    stop it. Of course a 90s player would glorify their own era by saying how tough it was back then. Stop exaggerating it, defense was not tough or physical back then like these old heads keep saying it was.
    It's like everything cultural: movies, music, fashion. Everyone is convinced that what was going on in their own youth was the pinnacle, and everything since is crap. When in reality, more often than not, things are getting better. It's pure nostalgia.

  11. #11

    Default Re: "Back in the 90's, the game was more tough and physical"

    Whose alt is showtime80?

    Can only be a few possible options.

  12. #12
    L3gacy RRR3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    28,448

    Default Re: "Back in the 90's, the game was more tough and physical"

    Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk
    Whose alt is showtime80?

    Can only be a few possible options.
    3ball?

    Although his posting style reminds me of Bizil (who is not a troll). Don’t think Bizil would troll like that though.

  13. #13
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,385

    Default Re: "Back in the 90's, the game was more tough and physical"

    LOL at thinking Steve Nash and Vince Carter are 90's players. Steve played 3 seasons in the 90's and Vince only played the 99 shortened season.

    Here's Kobe also slamming the current AAU infested NBA:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEyKG1jMEE8

    Jesus Christ! Go try to find some clips of players that were playing in the 80's and early 90's talking about how "soft" it was. I'll save you the time, YOU WON'T FIND ANY!!!

  14. #14
    L3gacy RRR3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    28,448

    Default Re: "Back in the 90's, the game was more tough and physical"

    Quote Originally Posted by Showtime80'
    LOL at thinking Steve Nash and Vince Carter are 90's players. Steve played 3 seasons in the 90's and Vince only played the 99 shortened season.

    Here's Kobe also slamming the current AAU infested NBA:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEyKG1jMEE8

    Jesus Christ! Go try to find some clips of players that were playing in the 80's and early 90's talking about how "soft" it was. I'll save you the time, YOU WON'T FIND ANY!!!
    Lmao there’s a clip of Wilt talking about how he’d dominate the “current NBA” in the 90s. People always think stuff was the best from their prime.

  15. #15

    Default Re: "Back in the 90's, the game was more tough and physical"


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •