Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: I went out for a walk yesterday and saw a guy with his pitbull coming towards me

Owned a pitbull for 8 years now since he was a puppy. He's the absolute sweetest dog that just wants love and attention. Train them right and there should be no issues.

Default Re: I went out for a walk yesterday and saw a guy with his pitbull coming towards me

A friend of mine adopted a pit bull. She posted all these pics of her, the pit and her other dog, a poodle mix. She bragged about how sweet the pit was especially with her other dog. Then she came home from work one day and the pit had torn her other dog to pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    A friend of mine adopted a pit bull. She posted all these pics of her, the pit and her other dog, a poodle mix. She bragged about how sweet the pit was especially with her other dog. Then she came home from work one day and the pit had torn her other dog to pieces.
    Even before I finished reading your post, I knew that mixing a pitbull with another dog, especially a smaller breed, was not gonna end well. Pitbulls are one dog family pets, sure there are exceptions but these dogs were specifically bred to chase down rodents and then later to fight. I've owned pitbulls, I have a female now that we've had more than a decade. I don't agree with those who try to sugarcoat what a true pitbull is. You have to be careful with a pitbull, not smart to leave them alone with small animals and especially children.

So I understand from this that Pitbulls:

Are the sweetest things if:

1. You don't have other dogs
    2. No children
    3. Don't do any sudden movements
    4. Don't invite any friends over

cool

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon
    Pitbulls might be the sweetest breed of dog there is... that's no bullshit.

If a pitbull is a nasty dog it's because the owner is a nasty person.

The way their teeth are shaped allows them to lock on but in terms of bite per square inch? German Sheps have higher biting power.

I literally shrugged 3 times trying to reply lol, just simply what?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei89

2. No children

cool

I hear they're great for lighthouse operators.

Funny how all these idiots keep saying pitbulls are the sweetest dogs ever when it's reported that they make up for more than 50% of dog bites

I

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

People can defend Pitbulls all the want and say they're the sweetest dogs ever. The fact remains the stigma of them being viscous is there along with actual statistics to back that claim. No matter how you spin it, Pit Bulls are known for being a red flag breed

What really gets me is the people know about the stigma but still, despite 1000's of other breeds, get a pit bull. And then are shocked that people fear them and go through a lifetime off defending their pet. You buy a pit bull, you live with the stigma that comes with it

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    People can defend Pitbulls all the want and say they're the sweetest dogs ever. The fact remains the stigma of them being viscous is there along with actual statistics to back that claim. No matter how you spin it, Pit Bulls are known for being a red flag breed

What really gets me is the people know about the stigma but still, despite 1000's of other breeds, get a pit bull. And then are shocked that people fear them and go through a lifetime off defending their pet. You buy a pit bull, you live with the stigma that comes with it
    Yep

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei89

2. No children

cool

Every time I hang out with my one friend his 85lb pitbull rushes and jumps all over me. I don't like having that thing get close to my balls like that Mfer is so Damn aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo

I literally shrugged 3 times trying to reply lol, just simply what?
    That

[QUOTE=egokiller]I

u only have to be worried about the pitbulls that are attached to industrial sized chain leashes and have a gang banger walking alongside them.

[QUOTE=egokiller][B]I