Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Default Re: 'The Last Dance' exclusive trailer and footage: The untold story of MJ and the Bulls

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    Typical 90's defense

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Default Re: 'The Last Dance' exclusive trailer and footage: The untold story of MJ and the Bulls

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    I'm as obsessed about MJ as anyone, but what in GOD's name are they going to talk about for 10 hours that covers only 1 season??

https://www.amazon.com/Forty-Eight-M.../dp/0020360509

I read this book when I was 15. Made me a real fan of the NBA. It is about one game. One. Very good read.

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    Typical 90's defense

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

GOAT basketball documentary.

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    The odd/weird thing about this doc is that it is only from the 1997-98 season, when MJ was 34-35, past his prime. The greater story would've been all the stuff prior, when he was at his physical peak and taking souls and not having to smart his way to rings. But still, the youngsters should appreciate this.
    Yeah but the 98 season was a great story. Jordan coming back after 1 year extension after he called out Kraus in the 97 championship celebration and put him on the spot as far as keeping the team intact for one last run. Scottie demanding to be traded. Kraus telling Phil he didn't care if the latter went 82-0, that he was "done". Krause parading that college basketballball coach (something Floyd) around as Phil's replacement. Krause then pulling the rug and reneging. Rodman and his wrestling antics during the finals when he would disappear to go wrestle.

There are so many stories to tell in that season. The Indiana series. Jordan' retirement. Dick Ebersol reportedly turning over to his assistant when stockton hit the 3 in game 6 and making a $ salute (as in, here comes a game 7 and more cash) before Jordan went nuts and decided to take over. The massacre in game 3.

This will be a great documentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    Yeah but the 98 season was a great story. Jordan coming back after 1 year extension after he called out Kraus in the 97 championship celebration and put him on the spot as far as keeping the team intact for one last run. Scottie demanding to be traded. Kraus telling Phil he didn't care if the latter went 82-0, that he was "done". Krause parading that college basketballball coach (something Floyd) around as Phil's replacement. Krause then pulling the rug and reneging. Rodman and his wrestling antics during the finals when he would disappear to go wrestle.

There are so many stories to tell in that season. The Indiana series. Jordan' retirement. Dick Ebersol reportedly turning over to his assistant when stockton hit the 3 in game 6 and making a $ salute (as in, here comes a game 7 and more cash) before Jordan went nuts and decided to take over. The massacre in game 3.

This will be a great documentary.
    Yeah, for sure. But for me, if they were going to do a 10 hour doc, I would've preferred a complete coverage of MJ from start to finish and not just one season.

Yeah, for sure. But for me, if they were going to do a 10 hour doc, I would've preferred a complete coverage of MJ from start to finish and not just one season.
    I agree. I'm guessing that the reason they're focusing on 98 is because they have a lot of footage given that everyone knew it was Jordan's last year in advance and cameras were rolling everywhere.

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

No, this is perfect. The culmination. The cap on the second three-peat. A documentary focused on overcoming adversity. Overcoming injuries. Overcoming all the internal strife that threatened to implode the team. Watching an older champion fend off younger, more talented teams. Watching the Bulls get pushed to the limit.

No, this is perfect. There are plenty of MJ-only docs out there. This is way more interesting.

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98
    10 more hours of people slobbering MJs ****, just what we needed
    $500 if there is ever any equivalent level of interest about LeBron or any of his championship seasons. Standing offer. I don't care if it's 50 years from now as long as I'm alive.

Looks amazing, and gives those who never saw MJ (who did more with less) a chance to see such greatness. I

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

[QUOTE=egokiller]Looks amazing, and gives those who never saw MJ (who did more with less) a chance to see such greatness. I

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98
    I can't lie, I'm excited to see the great Michael Jordan score on my local plumber Jeff Hornacek in full HD
    Hornacek doesn

3-time NBA All-Star

The odd/weird thing about this doc is that it is only from the 1997-98 season, when MJ was 34-35, past his prime. The greater story would've been all the stuff prior, when he was at his physical peak and taking souls and not having to smart his way to rings. But still, the youngsters should appreciate this.
    It

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

[QUOTE=guy]

It

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist
    No, this is perfect. The culmination. The cap on the second three-peat. A documentary focused on overcoming adversity. Overcoming injuries. Overcoming all the internal strife that threatened to implode the team. Watching an older champion fend off younger, more talented teams. Watching the Bulls get pushed to the limit.

No, this is perfect. There are plenty of MJ-only docs out there. This is way more interesting.
    This would be the 3rd "major" doc to focus on MJ's 98 season and there aren't any long form docs on MJ's career that I've seen (would like to be corrected if there are). I'd even like if something covered MJ's 1st retirement comeback into the championship in 96. or maybe even focus on him finally overcoming Detroit in 91. 98 really has been covered to death imho.

My fear is that this is going to be a rehash of what we already know bloated by "guest appearances" with long sit downs which will end up taking focus away from MJ.