Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Body Cam Footage Of Tyre Nichols Encounter With Police. Beat to Death

Default Re: Body Cam Footage Of Tyre Nichols Encounter With Police. Beat to Death

The police DESPERATELY need de-escalation training. -every time they show up to a call, they make things worse. I won’t ever call them for help again.

This guy did himself no favors, it could have ended a lot sooner/less painfully.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: Body Cam Footage Of Tyre Nichols Encounter With Police. Beat to Death

Those cops definitely murdered that poor kid. Apparently these cops were part of some "Scorpion" gang unit and a lot of these guys go unchecked.

I've thought about the animosity they had in beating this poor guy to death and where that could have stemmed from, and it doesn't make sense. My only conclusion is that they thought Tyre was someone else seeing as Tyre had never been through the system. The way in which they stopped him, dragged him out of his car and beat him to death almost seemed personal for these cops. You have to imagine, these cops in these squads probably encounter the worst of the worst, so they already go into these interactions with a chip on their shoulder. I look at the video and normally I always come to the same conclusion that resisting arrest is probably the dumbest thing you can do that only amplifies the situation, but in this instance, Tyre had every justifiable reason to run away. He literally feared for his life considering how they were manhandling him after pulling him out of the car.

I think there is more to this story. So far, the only excuse we have heard as to why they pulled him over in the first place was that he was driving erratically. But pulling someone over like that is normally done by patrol cops, not by undercover vice squads. Like I said, I would not be surprised if these cops thought this poor kid was someone else.

Sad all the way around. Tyre looked like a good dude.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE View Post
    The police DESPERATELY need de-escalation training. -every time they show up to a call, they make things worse. I won’t ever call them for help again.

This guy did himself no favors, it could have ended a lot sooner/less painfully.
    Calling them for help when you need it and having them pull you over for a traffic violation are two different things. If someone is breaking into my car or my home I'm still calling them each and every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    Calling them for help when you need it and having them pull you over for a traffic violation are two different things. If someone is breaking into my car or my home I'm still calling them each and every time.
    I’ve only called the police for help 3 times. Twice they threatened to arrest me. Last time they told the people trespassing daily in my driveway and threatening me with a knife they were allowed to be there and I couldn’t do anything about it. I’ll take care of the issue myself, then call and report whatever I’m required by law to report.

Police only escalate things. If you want to help someone, don’t call the police. Call DHS. Call CPS. Take the person to a medical facility.

undoubtedy the most vie and wreckess police behaviour ive ever seen (since they straight up decided to beat someone to death), and its black ppl.

racism card out the window with this one.

so whats it gonna be about?

what it shoud have been about all along.

having a proper earning period until you become a cop.

I wouldn't count on it. White supremacy will still be blamed. Where did they learn this type of racist behavior? That's what some might say.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    undoubtedy the most vie and wreckess police behaviour ive ever seen (since they straight up decided to beat someone to death), and its black ppl.

racism card out the window with this one.

so whats it gonna be about?

what it shoud have been about all along.

having a proper earning period until you become a cop.
    What do you mean the race card is out the window? How the hell is anyone supposed to exploit this tragedy for political points if they cant pull the race card?

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    What do you mean the race card is out the window? How the hell is anyone supposed to exploit this tragedy for political points if they cant pull the race card?
    It'll come back to intersectionality, structuralism, and the sociological concept of power. That law enforcement is a system of white supremacy and inherently racist. These black police officers are agents of those structures and therefore acting on their behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    I wouldn't count on it. White supremacy will still be blamed. Where did they learn this type of racist behavior? That's what some might say.
    Oh man you're late to the party. Van Jones already blamed it on race yesterday even before the video was released. Racism is a business. If Blacks and other minorities go out and act crazy, it's because a White man made them that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    I have called and have been put on hold before lolwtf. It’s better to just take things into your own hands and they can clean it up later.

This is horrible.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

4 black cops kill a black kid.

It's white peoples fault.

You cannot make this shit up.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    It'll come back to intersectionality, structuralism, and the sociological concept of power. That law enforcement is a system of white supremacy and inherently racist. These black police officers are agents of those structures and therefore acting on their behalf.
    The only way to stop it is to hire only black people in powerful positions from here on out.

Clearly, they deserve to run the country. This only stops until they become the majority.

We'll need to have massive amounts of immigrants from Africa to achieve this. And also wouldn't be against slavery for white people. It would help the economy during the transition

College superstar

That sh1t is personal….Probably bang one o those cop’s wife…..