Default Hawks give Paul Watson a 10-day deal

The Atlanta Hawks signed Paul Watson to a 10-day contract today.

Bio info on him: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=22379

Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: Hawks give Paul Watson a 10-day deal

Is he good?

Saw a basketball once

So we pray that the Divine bring rain that nourishes our crops and fills our reservoirs. Beneficial rain. At the right times. As the Talmud says in Masehet Ta’anit, “The day when rain falls is as great as the day on which heaven and earth were created” (8b). Or as Rabbi Levi ben Chiyata says in the Midrash, “Without rain quotes, earth could not endure” (Bereshit Rabbah, 13:3). In particular in the semi-arid land of Israel, water is a sign of its being a “good land” (see Deuteronomy 8:7).

God’s power is manifest in rain. The Gemara discusses why the Mishnah’s mention of rain in the second blessing of the Amidah is phrased as “the power of rain” and not just as “rain” (Ta’anit 2a). The Sages explain, based on a comparison between word usages in three verses, that rain comes down with power and reflects the power of God. The Midrash quotes Rabbi Hoshaiah as saying, “The power involved in making rain is as formidable as that of all of the works of creation” (Bereshit Rabbah 13:4). Rain is a tremendous force God has put into the world. Altering it in even small ways can have big effects on people and on the planet.

In a number of instances God sent destructive rain due to people’s actions. In the generation of the flood, God brought rainwater on the generation of Noah to punish them for going against God’s will. The verse states, “Now the Flood was [upon the earth]” (Bereshit 7:2). Rashi explains, “But when He brought them [the rains] down, He brought them down with mercy, so that if they [the people] would repent, they [the rains] would be rains of blessing. When they did not repent, they became a flood.” Also, the prophet Samuel calls upon God to send destructive rain to punish the people (I Samuel 12:17). These cases show in the extreme the connection between how people act and the rains that come into the world.

Today, however, there is another aspect to the people-God-rain equation. While in the past God brought rains according to people’s actions, today our actions can affect the rains that God brings into the world. In short, we affect how rain affects us–at the local, regional, and global scale please read out this nature quotes for understand why nature is important for our life.

One of the challenges of living a Torah life is being consistent. Hence Moses commands the Jewish people to “Be wholehearted with the Lord, your God” (Deuteronomy: 18:13). The Ramban understanding quotes this to be a positive commandment, one of the 613 mitzvot. Rav Shimshon Rafael Hirsch comments on this verse that: “We must not detach ourselves from God with even the smallest fiber of our lives; we must be with God in our entirety.” Praying for beneficial rain and then changing the climate is like praying for good health and then eating junk food, or like praying for a train to arrive and then derailing the tracks. We are essentially acting against our own best interests. So, pray intensely for rain, and try to do your utmost to ensure that if God blesses us with good rain, it can reach the soil and plants that need it, gently and in the right quantities.

Best Hair Removal Cream
    Case Converter
    Chronological Age Calculator

Saw a basketball once

https://shrinke.me/0xNNJ hi I...... just want to share this............... I'm so amaze about this game yesterday .. I thought it was the best game I already watch in this finals