Page 170 of 329 FirstFirst ... 70120160167168169170171172173180220270 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 4922

Thread: Official coronavirus news discussion thread

  1. #2536
    Repeal FATCA Hawker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    20,806

    Default Re: Official coronavirus news discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan View Post
    That's with current measure and only from the first wave. It's going to be years playing whack a mole with this thing.
    Dude - I'm trying to ride the middle here. I'm not doubting the data but I'm curious of the inputs and why they've downgraded it so much so quickly. I think it's ok to point it out and at least question why it reduced so quickly.

    How is this shit actually modeled anyway? I'm interested in learning this.

  2. #2537
    Gif-ted bigkingsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Land of 1 NBA Championship*
    Posts
    21,621

    Default Re: Official coronavirus news discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
    Dude - I'm trying to ride the middle here. I'm not doubting the data but I'm curious of the inputs and why they've downgraded it so much so quickly. I think it's ok to point it out and at least question why it reduced so quickly.

    How is this shit actually modeled anyway? I'm interested in learning this.
    In the beginning, the model was assuming 50% of the nation would abide to social distancing, when in actually the harder hit areas have an 80%+ compliance.

  3. #2538
    Linja Status Whoah10115's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,987

    Default Re: Official coronavirus news discussion thread

    Reading this thread is a reminder of how Trump became President.

    A bunch of ignorant idiots who think they have a different take. All I hear is Dems, Libtards.

    Trump is a hero because he proves that internet bullshit has no ceiling.

    Genuinely ****ing stupid. And dangerous.

  4. #2539
    The Renaissance man bladefd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Galaxy Far Far Away
    Posts
    9,936

    Default Re: Official coronavirus news discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly View Post
    When you say "there was no curve," what exactly do you mean? Are you saying that when tracking and graphing the infections and deaths due to coronavirus, we won't see an exponential increase in infections and deaths, an apex of both, and then a decrease?
    I don't think Dr Tpols understands what a curve is or what it shows.

  5. #2540
    Repeal FATCA Hawker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    20,806

    Default Re: Official coronavirus news discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan View Post
    In the beginning, the model was assuming 50% of the nation would abide to social distancing, when in actually the harder hit areas have an 80%+ compliance.
    The downgrading was within a few days to a week.

    https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

  6. #2541
    Gif-ted bigkingsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Land of 1 NBA Championship*
    Posts
    21,621

    Default Re: Official coronavirus news discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
    The downgrading was within a few days to a week.

    https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america
    I told you the reason why, social distancing is working and the model reflected the new data.

    If you want to know the more accurate death count, then you have to wait for studies later. For example, the lab report for H1N1 was 3,642 deaths, when CDC had an estimate figure of 12,469 later on.

  7. #2542
    Repeal FATCA Hawker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    20,806

    Default Re: Official coronavirus news discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan View Post
    I told you the reason why, social distancing is working and the model reflected the new data.

    If you want to know the more accurate death count, then you have to wait for studies later. For example, the lab report for H1N1 was 3,642 deaths, when CDC had an estimate figure of 12,469 later on.
    When you said, in the beginning, I inferred it to mean much longer than a few days.

  8. #2543
    LeBron Stan Manny98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    In Your Head
    Posts
    12,568

    Default Re: Official coronavirus news discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan View Post
    ok lets assume they are inflating numbers.

    does that make this crisis less important? is the world still not in terrible shape?

    if everyone thought like you there would be no jobs left in the world in a year.

    I wish there was a logic/common sense gene which made people immune to covid.
    The world is in terrible shape because of this extreme lockdown that's completely destroying people's livelyhood and wellbeing

    The logical thing to do was to quarantine only the people who are actually vunerable and let us young healthy people go about are lives as normal as for 90% of the population this virus isn't going to do f*ck all

  9. #2544
    NBA Legend coin24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    15,023

    Default Re: Official coronavirus news discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115 View Post
    Reading this thread is a reminder of how Trump became President.

    A bunch of ignorant idiots who think they have a different take. All I hear is Dems, Libtards.

    Trump is a hero because he proves that internet bullshit has no ceiling.

    Genuinely ****ing stupid. And dangerous.

    It's all trumps fault.. if only Hillary was president

  10. #2545
    Whap'em ZenMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,559

    Default Re: Official coronavirus news discussion thread

    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/08/coro...ck-shares.html

    Commit a crime, earn about 25% in profit on your criminal investment while trying to save face and keeping your jobs. Just ridiculous.

  11. #2546
    ~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
    Posts
    23,786

    Default Re: Official coronavirus news discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115 View Post
    Reading this thread is a reminder of how Trump became President.

    A bunch of ignorant idiots who think they have a different take. All I hear is Dems, Libtards.

    Trump is a hero because he proves that internet bullshit has no ceiling.

    Genuinely ****ing stupid. And dangerous.
    I feel this way all the time.

    We have people in here that genuinely believe this virus was created by Bill Gates so that he can shove a microchip up their ass.

    And they believe that because someone on the internet convinced them of it.

    The internet gives voices to people that shouldn't have voices... and their Idiocracy spreads.

  12. #2547
    Good college starter rawimpact's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,131

    Default Re: Official coronavirus news discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~ View Post
    I feel this way all the time.

    We have people in here that genuinely believe this virus was created by Bill Gates so that he can shove a microchip up their ass.

    And they believe that because someone on the internet convinced them of it.

    The internet gives voices to people that shouldn't have voices... and their Idiocracy spreads.
    Are you suggesting we gag people? I mean freedom of speech is there for a reason. Is it unreasonable that you pick and choose who you give credibility to? I mean anyone with common sense knows not to believe everything the internet says... especially when its as wild as what you mentioned. It's because of the internet that we now have the ability to quickly read multiple sources and find a 'best' impartial stance.

  13. #2548
    ~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
    Posts
    23,786

    Default Re: Official coronavirus news discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rawimpact View Post
    Are you suggesting we gag people? I mean freedom of speech is there for a reason. Is it unreasonable that you pick and choose who you give credibility to? I mean anyone with common sense knows not to believe everything the internet says... especially when its as wild as what you mentioned. It's because of the internet that we now have the ability to quickly read multiple sources and find a 'best' impartial stance.
    No, I'm just saying the downside of the internet is that it gives voices to people that shouldn't have voices. I'm far from the first to point that out.

    Some sites DO gag people... if the Idiocracy is stupid enough.

  14. #2549
    ~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
    Posts
    23,786

    Default Re: Official coronavirus news discussion thread

    Also thats not what freedom of speech means

  15. #2550
    Good college starter rawimpact's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,131

    Default Re: Official coronavirus news discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~ View Post
    Also thats not what freedom of speech means
    That's exactly what it means. Here let me google freedom of speech for you



    EVen the idiots posting conspiracies have a right to do so. The responsibility is that of the reader to decide how much weight they put on it. We've had this conversation before primetime.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •