Page 549 of 549 FirstFirst ... 49449499539546547548549
Results 8,221 to 8,227 of 8227

Default Re: Official coronavirus news discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    If its "mandatory", then how would anyone have a choice?
    Well one folk said he wouldn't take them because he's mostly covid-free.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Well one folk said he wouldn't take them because he's mostly covid-free.
    I call that a hero

I call that a hero
    Manny says he'd rather die than take it

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Manny says he'd rather die than take it
    I guess i'll see him in the morgue then, because I'm not taking that shit either

I am not an anti-vaxer. I have no problem taking vaccines that have been adequately tested and proven to be reliable - like Polio or Tetanus... but this forced vaccination shit is an incredibly slippery slope and I will refuse until they literally strap me down and force the needle into my arm.

Something that pro-vax folks should consider - once you consent to your govt forcing you to take an experimental injection for the "greater good", whats stopping them from forcing another injection upon you? and another, and another, and another... etc. Where do you draw the line exactly? How much trust do you put in our so-called "health experts"?

IMO the vaccine argument basically boils down to the same core foundation as the abortion argument - "my body, my choice"... and the more I get shamed and harassed by douchebag know-nothings who treat science like its a religion, the more I am going to dig in my heels in opposition of this bullshit.

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

RE the vaccine that's "90% effective" (relative risk reduction)

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4347/rr-4

RR may be 90%, but the absolute risk reduction for an individual is only 0.4%.

"To prevent 1 Covid case 256 individuals must get the vaccine; the other 255 individuals derive no benefit, but are subject to vaccine adverse effects."

And... remember we are giving a vaccine AFTER the virus has ran its course. It's infected 60-100+ million Americans already, so we can expect to start giving the vaccine to the masses once most Americans have been exposed, just as the CDC previously told us.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    RE the vaccine that's "90% effective" (relative risk reduction)

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4347/rr-4

RR may be 90%, but the absolute risk reduction for an individual is only 0.4%.

"To prevent 1 Covid case 256 individuals must get the vaccine; the other 255 individuals derive no benefit, but are subject to vaccine adverse effects."

And... remember we are giving a vaccine AFTER the virus has ran its course. It's infected 60-100+ million Americans already, so we can expect to start giving the vaccine to the masses once most Americans have been exposed, just as the CDC previously told us.
    Its funny that everyone is tweaking their nips over these vaccines that are 90-95% effective... meanwhile, the human immune system has already proven itself to be 99.9% effective against covid for anyone in relatively good health and under the age of 65, and even if you are in the highest risk categories like 80 years old and overweight, your immune system still has like a 97% chance of beating the virus... so what exactly is the point of this vaccine again?

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Its funny that everyone is tweaking their nips over these vaccines that are 90-95% effective... meanwhile, the human immune system has already proven itself to be 99.9% effective against covid for anyone in relatively good health and under the age of 65, and even if you are in the highest risk categories like 80 years old and overweight, your immune system still has like a 97% chance of beating the virus... so what exactly is the point of this vaccine again?
    I have little doubt that the vaccine will save some lives (median age ~80), but I also believe that the answer to your question also involves more power/control for the oligarchy, less for the people, and billions of dollars.