Page 328 of 328 FirstFirst ... 228278318325326327328
Results 4,906 to 4,911 of 4911

Thread: Official coronavirus news discussion thread

I rule the local playground

Default Re: Official coronavirus news discussion thread

Definitely not the guy who thinks people wearing masks are doing so because the PTB have fooled them into adopting the same mentality BDSM recipiants exibit while having their genitals whipped.

Good college starter Long Duck Dong's Avatar

CDC just adjusted the mortality rate to .26% and it will likely go much lower than that. 3 people have died in the city I work in, I can't believe my friend was one of them.

Stocks up again... close to 200 points so far.

3 days in a row is a good sign

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas View Post
    Stocks up again... close to 200 points so far.

3 days in a row is a good sign
    lots of people saying it's too high...the unemployment rate is the highest it's been since the Great Depression

BUT...on the other hand, most of the employed are actually making MORE money now....and we've flooded Trillions more dollars into the market...so maybe it's actually too low right now.

really hard to gauge

I think what is vital, is that the bulk of those who lost their jobs regain their old jobs right away...and who knows how smoothly that will go

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~ View Post
    lots of people saying it's too high...the unemployment rate is the highest it's been since the Great Depression

BUT...on the other hand, most of the employed are actually making MORE money now....and we've flooded Trillions more dollars into the market...so maybe it's actually too low right now.

really hard to gauge

I think what is vital, is that the bulk of those who lost their jobs regain their old jobs right away...and who knows how smoothly that will go
    I'd think so... i'd call this jump in the stock market as a bubble. Demand has increased because people think we'll go back to where we left off but I doubt it'll recover that quick.

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~ View Post

really hard to gauge

Something like 1% of the country owns 50% of all stocks, 10% of the country owns 80% of all stocks. Most of these people are going to be just fine. In fact, they have the money to throw into the stock market and so they are keeping the stock market afloat. So I am not surprised. There are also people who are home without work or working from home so they have time to mess around with stocks - another increase in number of stock holders.