Page 126 of 329 FirstFirst ... 2676116123124125126127128129136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 4929

Thread: Official coronavirus news discussion thread

College superstar Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Default Re: Official coronavirus news discussion thread

America is Guyana.
    Trump is Jim Jones.
    #ReOpenAmerica is a tub full of punch for his true believers.

Decent college freshman Facepalm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    I ain't gonna lie, I can easily see a European style universal health care system being passed in the next few years, possibly even during a Trump administration if he's reelected. A lot of people are going to be left to die because they don't have health insurance. In the past, the uninsured could be patched up at the ER and the rest of us would pick up that cost with higher premiums but in the next few weeks, or sooner, if you don't have insurance, then you're gonna be SOL. I'm not arguing for or in favor of single payer, and yes I have insurance, I'm just saying I think this pandemic will lead to universal healthcare.

Yes I realize Italy and Spain have universal healthcare(at least I think they do) and they are dropping like flies in spite of it
    interesting take. at the very least, i think all of this will lead to a big rise in populists/populism - especially when the realization of the economic fallout sets in when life starts returning to 'normal'. trump and sanders were only the beginning of it all. if those two are in any way a result of what transpired in 2008 and of course today's status quo in general, the state of our country a year or two from now is going to have a lot of people voting against it (the status quo).

Quote Originally Posted by Facepalm View Post
    lmao.

Decent college freshman Facepalm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz View Post
    lmao.
    Dude was quick

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    I ain't gonna lie, I can easily see a European style universal health care system being passed in the next few years, possibly even during a Trump administration if he's reelected. A lot of people are going to be left to die because they don't have health insurance. In the past, the uninsured could be patched up at the ER and the rest of us would pick up that cost with higher premiums but in the next few weeks, or sooner, if you don't have insurance, then you're gonna be SOL. I'm not arguing for or in favor of single payer, and yes I have insurance, I'm just saying I think this pandemic will lead to universal healthcare.

Yes I realize Italy and Spain have universal healthcare(at least I think they do) and they are dropping like flies in spite of it
    Why will they be SOL?

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri View Post
    Possibly. Though Universal Healthcare should be the end goal, I don't think we as a country have the infrastructure to make it viable anytime soon. The cost and inefficiency of the public sector is disgusting.
    Raise taxes to Canada's level and you'll have free healthcare.

China has reported 3,299 coronavirus-related deaths, with most taking place in Wuhan, the epicenter of the global pandemic. But one funeral home received two shipments of 5,000 urns over the course of two days, according to the Chinese media outlet Caixin.
    https://www.foxnews.com/world/urn-de...rus-death-toll

That doesn't even include those thousands buried.

The families of those who succumbed to the virus in the central Chinese city, where the disease first emerged in December, were allowed to pick up their cremated ashes at eight local funeral homes starting this week. As they did, photos circulated on Chinese social media of thousands of urns being ferried in.

Outside one funeral home, trucks shipped in about 2,500 urns on both Wednesday and Thursday, according to Chinese media outlet Caixin. Another picture published by Caixin showed 3,500 urns stacked on the ground inside. It’s unclear how many of the urns had been filled.

People who answered the phone at six of the eight funeral homes in Wuhan said they either did not have data on how many urns were waiting to be collected, or were not authorized to disclose the numbers. Calls were not answered at the other two.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...f-virus-s-toll
    Last edited by bladefd; 03-28-2020 at 06:49 PM.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
    NYers need to stay in NY. Stop driving to Florida assholes.
    Please

New York +277 deaths today, will probably be more than the rest of the US combined.

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan View Post
    new york +277 deaths today, will probably be more than the rest of the us combined.
    shut it down.

Local High School Star

New york city would need to separate the positive testers from the rest and disinfect the buildings.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vLdwCdyiDCw
    Last edited by thefatmiral; 03-28-2020 at 08:28 PM.

New York +277 deaths today, will probably be more than the rest of the US combined.
    duke nuke 'em.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

2018 - 80,000 flu deaths in USA

which is 220 deaths per day, except it occured mostly in the winter. was probably 500+ deaths a day at some points.

please stop chicken little.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    2018 - 80,000 flu deaths in USA

which is 220 deaths per day, except it occured mostly in the winter. was probably 500+ deaths a day at some points.

please stop chicken little.
    New York ALONE today has more deaths in a single day than a typical flu season day for the entire US, what a terrible comparison. These numbers are just the beginning, NY death peak is closer to 1k a day.