Page 136 of 329 FirstFirst ... 3686126133134135136137138139146186236 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 4922

Thread: Official coronavirus news discussion thread

  1. #2026
    Valley Boyz highwhey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    23,266

    Default Re: Official coronavirus news discussion thread

    Lol ridiculous. Not defendable at all.

  2. #2027
    "It's been activated" Ghost1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Mom's basement
    Posts
    2,112

    Default Re: Official coronavirus news discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    Lol ridiculous. Not defendable at all.
    Video footage that went viral on Sunday evening showed the leftwing populist – who most call Amlo – shaking the hand of El Chapo’s elderly mother, María Consuelo Loera Pérez, as she sat in her car.

    “Don’t get out,” Amlo can be heard telling the 92-year-old woman, before adding: “I got your letter.”



    smart man

    he's going to take her out with a handshake

  3. #2028
    Decent college freshman Charlie Sheen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,680

    Default Re: Official coronavirus news discussion thread



    andgar wasn't just peddling fear. I owe him an apology. This is uncomfortable to watch

  4. #2029
    Hello, Twitter world Uncle Drew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Land of 1 Championship
    Posts
    11,579

    Default Re: Official coronavirus news discussion thread

    Apparently 80% of the Netherlands' ICU corona patients are overweight.

  5. #2030
    Good college starter Long Duck Dong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,214

    Default Re: Official coronavirus news discussion thread

    Seems like a piece out of The Onion but the Benson & Hedges, the freaking cigarette manufacturer, says they have developed a working vaccine for COVID-19 and will have up to 3 million doses by June that it will sell at cost.

    I know these guys have deep pockets(70 billion dollar company)and a wide portfolio with things outside of tobacco products but this seems almost too ironic to be true considering that a lot of the people succumbing to the coronavirus in the first place is because they smoke. And get this, the vaccine in part is made from tobacco plants. WTF

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...co-leaves.html

  6. #2031
    Stephen Kerry Brujesino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    209
    Posts
    15,466

    Default Re: Official coronavirus news discussion thread

    You know what pisses me off is also the people in Mexico. The whole time I was there they just talked about how this virus is just a lie because the government lies all the time. These are the same people that are gonna blame the government for being late responding to the virus.

  7. #2032
    Good college starter diamenz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,448

    Default Re: Official coronavirus news discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    Seems like a piece out of The Onion but the Benson & Hedges, the freaking cigarette manufacturer, says they have developed a working vaccine for COVID-19 and will have up to 3 million doses by June that it will sell at cost.

    I know these guys have deep pockets(70 billion dollar company)and a wide portfolio with things outside of tobacco products but this seems almost too ironic to be true considering that a lot of the people succumbing to the coronavirus in the first place is because they smoke. And get this, the vaccine in part is made from tobacco plants. WTF

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...co-leaves.html
    LoL. twilight zone type shit.

  8. #2033
    Repeal FATCA Hawker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    20,806

    Default Re: Official coronavirus news discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    Seems like a piece out of The Onion but the Benson & Hedges, the freaking cigarette manufacturer, says they have developed a working vaccine for COVID-19 and will have up to 3 million doses by June that it will sell at cost.

    I know these guys have deep pockets(70 billion dollar company)and a wide portfolio with things outside of tobacco products but this seems almost too ironic to be true considering that a lot of the people succumbing to the coronavirus in the first place is because they smoke. And get this, the vaccine in part is made from tobacco plants. WTF

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...co-leaves.html
    Nobody is mentioning it here but the private sector response to certain needs has been nothing short of amazing. Private companies are literally adapting in extremely short term to provide.

    When there is a demand, magically there becomes a supply. Breweries have become ****ing sanitizer manufacturers now. Strip clubs and bars have become delivery services. Not making nearly as much as they used to but companies are adapting.

    The incentive for profit to supply necessary items is a force for good.

    Saw this in the article.

    The vaccine is being developed by BAT's subsidiary firm Kentucky BioProcessing (KBP) in the US, using tobacco plant technology
    'murica

  9. #2034
    Valley Boyz highwhey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    23,266

    Default Re: Official coronavirus news discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
    Nobody is mentioning it here but the private sector response to certain needs has been nothing short of amazing. Private companies are literally adapting in extremely short term to provide.

    When there is a demand, magically there becomes a supply. Breweries have become ****ing sanitizer manufacturers now. Strip clubs and bars have become delivery services. Not making nearly as much as they used to but companies are adapting.

    The incentive for profit to supply necessary items is a force for good.
    yupppp

    the company i ordered the hand wipes from, they literally opened up their doors for business on march 1, by march 10, they mobilized to manufacture disinfectants and hand wipes. they are a chemical company that makes chemicals to safely separate concrete slurry and isolate the water, making it safe to dispose of for the environment...

    had they been government ran....well, you know lol.

  10. #2035
    Repeal FATCA Hawker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    20,806

    Default Re: Official coronavirus news discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino View Post
    You know what pisses me off is also the people in Mexico. The whole time I was there they just talked about how this virus is just a lie because the government lies all the time. These are the same people that are gonna blame the government for being late responding to the virus.
    The # of tourists with COVID-19 returning to the US from Mexico after spring break is quite high.

    With that said, considering the high number of tourists there, it was probably spread from other american tourists that arrived than Mexicans. Unfortunately, the local mexicans working there would be susceptible to it.

  11. #2036
    Good college starter Long Duck Dong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,214

    Default Re: Official coronavirus news discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawker View Post

    When there is a demand, magically there becomes a supply. Breweries have become ****ing sanitizer manufacturers now. Strip clubs and bars have become delivery services. Not making nearly as much as they used to but companies are adapting.


    'murica
    GM teaming up with a tiny ventilator company who cranks out an average of 200 ventilators a month. Started last week and expect to start cranking out 20,000 a month by end of April. Although Trump is giving them a hard time for wanting too much per unit

  12. #2037
    Repeal FATCA Hawker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    20,806

    Default Re: Official coronavirus news discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    GM teaming up with a tiny ventilator company who cranks out an average of 200 ventilators a month. Started last week and expect to start cranking out 20,000 a month by end of April. Although Trump is giving them a hard time for wanting too much per unit
    That may be what it actually costs in order to make them. Companies can't just make everything at a loss.

    It's a different market now.

  13. #2038
    ~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
    Posts
    23,786

    Default Re: Official coronavirus news discussion thread

    New York/New Jersey basically have as many cases as the rest of the entire country.

    I'm starting to think outside of that NE region everyone else has this somewhat under control.

    When this first started here, it was Washington, Cali, and NY looking bad... but Wash/Cali aren't anywhere near what NY is now. Everyone else is spreading at a much slower rate.

  14. #2039
    I said good day, sir! Axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Pit of Darkness
    Posts
    3,150

    Default Re: Official coronavirus news discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    GM teaming up with a tiny ventilator company who cranks out an average of 200 ventilators a month. Started last week and expect to start cranking out 20,000 a month by end of April. Although Trump is giving them a hard time for wanting too much per unit
    Gm must be praying they wouldn't bail out again like what happened to them 11 years ago but it's only just a matter of time now before history repeats itself. At least they helped in this situation while they can.

  15. #2040
    Valley Boyz highwhey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    23,266

    Default Re: Official coronavirus news discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~ View Post
    New York/New Jersey basically have as many cases as the rest of the entire country.

    I'm starting to think outside of that NE region everyone else has this somewhat under control.

    When this first started here, it was Washington, Cali, and NY looking bad... but Wash/Cali aren't anywhere near what NY is now. Everyone else is spreading at a much slower rate.
    i really hope that's the case, but i also see a lot of idiots out in Phoenix. there's TONS of people still jogging and walking there dogs. i guess what we have going for us is that we're more spread out than any of the top 10 cities despite being the top 5th most populous city in the country.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •