Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: It’s Michael Jordan’s birthday. I’ll be posting oddly in here for a little while.

Default Re: It’s Michael Jordan’s birthday. I’ll be posting oddly in here for a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by Dro View Post
    Still cant believe he pulled that off. It will never be recreated.

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

I was looking for a gif of this dunk.

Could only find a shitty quality video. I thought it was more famous than that.

While searching I saw these two that I liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist View Post
    Not quite related to what was discussed in the vid but i get the sense that MJ & Isiah will always hold a grudge until their death bed. There is just too much that happened between the two. Of course the biggest reason for the friction being Isiah being held out of a gold medal. But Isiah had it coming. Isiah was such a killer/competitor too. I take that guy on my team any day. But he just happened to mess with the GOAT and you won't win that battle. If Isiah just shakes MJ's hands after the 1991 ECF and shows class, he probably gets on that Dream Team. But he was a grown ass man and he made that decision not to do it.

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival View Post
    Not quite related to what was discussed in the vid but i get the sense that MJ & Isiah will always hold a grudge until their death bed. There is just too much that happened between the two. Of course the biggest reason for the friction being Isiah being held out of a gold medal. But Isiah had it coming. Isiah was such a killer/competitor too. I take that guy on my team any day. But he just happened to mess with the GOAT and you won't win that battle. If Isiah just shakes MJ's hands after the 1991 ECF and shows class, he probably gets on that Dream Team. But he was a grown ass man and he made that decision not to do it.
    I agree. Shame too. Those are two of my favorite players. I always wanted them to bury the hatchet.

It was good seeing Mark Aguirre. I didn't recognize him at first.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth View Post
    Still cant believe he pulled that off. It will never be recreated.
    A human being is not supposed to be able to do that. But only because he did it, do we believe it is possible. If there is evidence that MJ has some alien DNA in his body, this play is it. MJ has so many of these type of plays where even today, no athlete can replicate his moves. His body control, fluidity of movement, etc was simply on a different level.

Another thing to pay attention on this play, look how the dude lands! Like a freaken cat, on both feet. That's just ridiculous. You pull off a play like that, you should be off balanced and falling out of bounds. Just sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist View Post
    I agree. Shame too. Those are two of my favorite players. I always wanted them to bury the hatchet.

It was good seeing Mark Aguirre. I didn't recognize him at first.
    For sure. I still feel a bit bad for Isiah. He definitely deserved to be on that team over Stockton. Isiah in general gets underrated because if a kid who never saw Isiah play pulls up his bball reference page and compares it to someone like CP3, it doesn't look good. But anyone who saw him play knows the guy was a straight killer, competitor, leader who commanded respect and was willing to sacrifice stats to win. Stats didn't do him justice.

Quote Originally Posted by jstern View Post
    I was looking for a gif of this dunk.

Could only find a shitty quality video. I thought it was more famous than that.

While searching I saw these two that I liked.

Regarding that elbow dunk, show me another player that is around that height get his head at rim level with just about a 20 foot heat start, jumping off 1 feet, coming it at an angle, turning his body sideways and with the ball in his hands. Most guys get their head at rim level jumping hear the basket off of 2 feet and without the ball (mostly alley opps).

Chef Curry w/ da shot FromDowntown's Avatar

Second best to ever do it

SALUTE

Happy bday #2

Quote Originally Posted by FromDowntown View Post
    Second best to ever do it

SALUTE

Happy bday #2
    Hi Wheels

Last edited by Mr Feeny; 02-18-2020 at 02:53 AM.

Congrats ��goat

3ball like these, using the rushing double team's momentum against them.