Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: WILDER vs. FURY 2 Fight Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine View Post
    Do they have immediate rematch clause in the contract if Wilder lost? I know they had that in the first fight.

This rematch might be Wilder's last big payday. So he better do it.

I agree with the boxing experts when they say that since this loss was such a bad one for him, that his promoters have to build him up again in order to make a rematch worthwhile. The bigger draw right now is for a title unification fight with Anthony Joshua. In the meantime, let Wilder feast on inferior opponents at his lighter weight again and then fight the winner of Fury/Joshua in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    I agree with the boxing experts when they say that since this loss was such a bad one for him, that his promoters have to build him up again in order to make a rematch worthwhile. The bigger draw right now is for a title unification fight with Anthony Joshua. In the meantime, let Wilder feast on inferior opponents at his lighter weight again and then fight the winner of Fury/Joshua in 2021.
    Not so sure on that. Yes, what I (and everyone) wants to see is Fury-Joshua. But I think there's enough excuse to make the public buys Wilder-Fury III. From Wilder's weakened leg to his new weight. There's enough intrigue in there. So from Wilder's perspective, I'd rather do the rematch than risk losing against inferior fighters and lose that big payday altogether. Don't forget that Wilder is 34 and this is around the time athletes go downhill in athleticism.

Not so sure on that. Yes, what I (and everyone) wants to see is Fury-Joshua. But I think there's enough excuse to make the public buys Wilder-Fury III. From Wilder's weakened leg to his new weight. There's enough intrigue in there. So from Wilder's perspective, I'd rather do the rematch than risk losing against inferior fighters and lose that big payday altogether. Don't forget that Wilder is 34 and this is around the time athletes go downhill in athleticism.
    Wilder doesn't deserve a rematch, he's clearly not on Fury's level

The intelligence disadvantage is just too much to overcome for Wilder

He should go back to crushing cans

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sd3035 View Post
    Wilder doesn't deserve a rematch, he's clearly not on Fury's level

The intelligence disadvantage is just too much to overcome for Wilder

He should go back to crushing cans
    if his team is smart they will slowly build him back up on lesser competition, including decent comp like Wallin & Ruiz then fight the loser of Fury-Joshua, then the winner lol

Do they have immediate rematch clause in the contract if Wilder lost? I know they had that in the first fight.

This rematch might be Wilder's last big payday. So he better do it.
    30 day rematch clause. If their research in the next 25 days leads them to believe he can still sell lots of PPV’s against Wallin and Ruiz, they won’t exercise the rematch clause.

It’s basically, do they want:

ONE BIG CAREER ENDING PAYDAY

Or 2-3 smaller paydays and then ANOTHER big payday or two with Fury/Joshua.

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool View Post
    30 day rematch clause. If their research in the next 25 days leads them to believe he can still sell lots of PPV’s against Wallin and Ruiz, they won’t exercise the rematch clause.

It’s basically, do they want:

ONE BIG CAREER ENDING PAYDAY

Or 2-3 smaller paydays and then ANOTHER big payday or two with Fury/Joshua.
    If I were him I'd take the big payday now, and then down the line maybe take the loser of Fury/Joshua.

You think he won't lose to Ruiz or Wallin? He basically lost badly to a 40 year old Ortiz before KOing him. This path is a huge risk.

If I were him I'd take the big payday now, and then down the line maybe take the loser of Fury/Joshua.

You think he won't lose to Ruiz or Wallin? He basically lost badly to a 40 year old Ortiz before KOing him. This path is a huge risk.
    OF Course, it’s possible Ruiz pressure could overwhelm him inside at a different level than Tyson’s did. But less likely. Ruiz has a much more treacherous path inside than Tyson did.

Tyson was hitting Deontay with accumulating shots ON HIS WAY IN, by using his reach/length footwork advantage, then once inside out of the danger zone, leaning on deontay and fighting in the clinch with body shots until Kenny Bayless would seperate them. He even started doing leaning headlocks in the 3rd/4th whenever deontay would duck under accumulating entrance punches, and have a decent second or two leaning on his neck, and was causing discomfort despite not being able to be as obvious as an outright hard choking headlock.

On the times Deontay didn’t duck under, and actually threw counters, Tyson rolled back with them and extended both arms like Klitschko used to, to minimize any contact deontay could get at the end of his reach.

Ruiz is SHORT. He will not be able to throw long strikes to COVER his jump ins.
    Or straight arm deontay on the way out to minimize impact. Ruiz is a much easier target. Ruiz is very busy and has very fast hands, would be a nice contrast in styles and builds, but after losing a few rounds, Deontay would get Ruiz on both heels on the end of a pushing jab, and come right behind it with payola.

Same with Wallin. Dude only has a 78” reach. And doesn’t have the extension of Luis Ortiz. Deontay can paw at his distance with minimal risk. When Wallin stops moving his head for a second or two, then POW.

On the flip side, how many PPV’s can he sell with Ruiz, Wallin, etc RIGHT NOW, while his fan base still believes:

1. Breland threw towel early. We fired that nicca.
    2. My leg was hurt.
    3. We thought Fury was bullsh1ttin about bullying me
    4. I would have knocked him out once he got tired

Now, if he instead chooses to fight Fury again right away, and gets beaten badly again which is very likely, then any other fight he can actually get won’t sell well. His fan base will give up on him cause they like frontrunning winners.

I think he will make more money working himself back slowly, and will have more time to develop a rematch game plan for Fury bullying.
    Last edited by BarberSchool; 02-26-2020 at 04:19 AM.

if his team is smart they will slowly build him back up on lesser competition, including decent comp like Wallin & Ruiz then fight the loser of Fury-Joshua, then the winner lol
    His team certainly doesn't seem very bright

If he had someone like Cus D'amato or Freddie Roach when he was younger, he'd probably be a great boxer not just a can crusher who swings wild haymakers

OF Course, it’s possible Ruiz pressure could overwhelm him inside at a different level than Tyson’s did. But less likely. Ruiz has a much more treacherous path inside than Tyson did.

Tyson was hitting Deontay with accumulating shots ON HIS WAY IN, by using his reach/length footwork advantage, then once inside out of the danger zone, leaning on deontay and fighting in the clinch with body shots until Kenny Bayless would seperate them. He even started doing leaning headlocks in the 3rd/4th whenever deontay would duck under accumulating entrance punches, and have a decent second or two leaning on his neck, and was causing discomfort despite not being able to be as obvious as an outright hard choking headlock.

On the times Deontay didn’t duck under, and actually threw counters, Tyson rolled back with them and extended both arms like Klitschko used to, to minimize any contact deontay could get at the end of his reach.

Ruiz is SHORT. He will not be able to throw long strikes to COVER his jump ins.
    Or straight arm deontay on the way out to minimize impact. Ruiz is a much easier target. Ruiz is very busy and has very fast hands, would be a nice contrast in styles and builds, but after losing a few rounds, Deontay would get Ruiz on both heels on the end of a pushing jab, and come right behind it with payola.

Same with Wallin. Dude only has a 78” reach. And doesn’t have the extension of Luis Ortiz. Deontay can paw at his distance with minimal risk. When Wallin stops moving his head for a second or two, then POW.

On the flip side, how many PPV’s can he sell with Ruiz, Wallin, etc RIGHT NOW, while his fan base still believes:

1. Breland threw towel early. We fired that nicca.
    2. My leg was hurt.
    3. We thought Fury was bullsh1ttin about bullying me
    4. I would have knocked him out once he got tired

Now, if he instead chooses to fight Fury again right away, and gets beaten badly again which is very likely, then any other fight he can actually get won’t sell well. His fan base will give up on him cause they like frontrunning winners.

I think he will make more money working himself back slowly, and will have more time to develop a rematch game plan for Fury bullying.
    I disagree based on Wilder's age and the fact that a 40 years old Ortiz beat him pretty badly. I'd still somewhat favor him against Ruiz, but more like 52-48 type of favoring. Which means I think the risk of him losing is pretty huge. Now, if he lost to Ruiz, then his title contending career is basically over. If he lost again to Fury, I think he could still make some money fighting Ruiz or Usyk. Then he can still take on the loser of Fury-Joshua if he wins that. There's also no guarantee Fury won't retire after he fight and rematch Joshua. Even if Fury didn't retire, Wilder would be 36 years old at that point. Do we really think Wilder will age like Ortiz, Larry Holmes or Mayweather where they had skills to compensate for declining athleticism? I certainly don't.