Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: How many of you actually believe single game +/- tells you who had the most impac

Poor ImKobe

+/-!

+/-!!!

Default Re: How many of you actually believe single game +/- tells you who had the most impac

Other ones that are hilarious

1998 Finals Game 6
    Jordan: +2
    Pippen: +16

2007 ECF Game 5
    LeBron: +2
    Donyell Marshall: +14

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post

Jordan Jordan Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Other ones that are hilarious

1998 Finals Game 6
    Jordan: +2
    Pippen: +16
    Lol we had the same point. Look at my earlier post, it's not even just Pippen. Kukoc and Harper both had better plus/minus numbers that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Docs Orders View Post
    I hang off Phoenix's nut$ack

Oh Doc Orders/ Wheels, you may just need to cry on Uncle Jeff's shoulder after this, babyboi....

Game 7 2016 NBA finals

James 27/11/11 +4
    Irving 26/1/6 +10
    JR Smith 12/2/4 +7
    Thompson 9/0/3 +2
    Love 9/3/14 +19

Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk View Post
    What if told you that Jayson Tatum has a higher +/- for the season than Lebron?
    Are you implying that Tatum is a better defender than Lebron?

+/- is a reference, not necessary to read too much and over analyze.
    I won't say being a + means having better impact (or most) on the court.

Probably Pat Beverly has much better +/- than Lebron, but is he a better player than him?
    Hell no.

Quote Originally Posted by ronniec View Post
    Are you implying that Tatum is a better defender than Lebron?

+/- is a reference, not necessary to read too much and over analyze.
    I won't say being a + means having better impact (or most) on the court.

Probably Pat Beverly has much better +/- than Lebron, but is he a better player than him?
    Hell no.
    That's the point of this thread, to show how +/- can't be an end-all, be-all argument because it would lead to some ridiculous conclusions in some cases.

That's the point of this thread, to show how +/- can't be an end-all, be-all argument because it would lead to some ridiculous conclusions in some cases.
    I agree. Just cherry picking one stat from many is pointless.

Oh Doc Orders/ Wheels, you may just need to cry on Uncle Jeff's shoulder after this, babyboi....

Game 7 2016 NBA finals

James 27/11/11 +4
    Irving 26/1/6 +10
    JR Smith 12/2/4 +7
    Thompson 9/0/3 +2
    Love 9/3/14 +19

Oops.
    Anddddddd the Branvestites are gonnneeeeeee

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I’d love to see wilts 1962 plus minus. He played all but 6 minutes....and that due to an ejection. It would be his whole teams season score against the opponents.....plus figuring out the 6 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    We have been hearing more and more about plus/minus lately. Many people(often trolls or people just looking to annoy) pop into topics touting or mocking someones on/off regardless of how they performed. Claims that people who had apparently big games must have had an "empty" performance(another concept that is growing more and more foolish over time but thats another topic).

Over the course of many games there are still on/off issues like who is on and off the floor with you but those can level off with a large enough sample size(or at least thats the justification for caring about them). So I wont go into that.

But in one game?

Ok.

When Kobe has 46/6/5 on good shooting and is -1 in 40 minutes while Odom has 20/7 in 44 minutes and is +7....is there anyone here who thinks Odom had the greater impact on the game far as helping the team? Or when he had 51/9/4 on .626ts(for those who care) vs Odoms 16/10/6 on .504ts....Kobe -13 Odom +3....they played 44 and 45 minutes.

That something you caring about?

When Shaq has 44/20/5 in the finals for a negative six...but Rick Fox is plus two in 44 minutes and Lue is plus nine of 22 minutes.....

On the current version of ISH would there be someone on here talking about plus/minus?

Do those of you who come in topics talking that shit not realize how often it goes in the face of common sense or do you see it and simply not bring it up when it goes against the point you wish to make?

This is the Kobe 46 game by the way....

You honestly caring what the on/off splits were that game?

Maybe as like a "Jesus christ....look at this" bit of trivia. But I see people straight up post these on/off numbers that fly in the face of all observation and defend it as if its a serious point.
    another great post from the lebron of this forum carrying it on his broad shoulders

plus minus is very useful but it doesnt account for lineups on the court - can go off in garbagetime or against the bench and something like that will skew the stats heavily. again its still a very useful stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    I’d love to see wilts 1962 plus minus. He played all but 6 minutes....and that due to an ejection. It would be his whole teams season score against the opponents.....plus figuring out the 6 minutes.

Wouldn't it be the point differential for the team? We can discount those six minutes as they're insigficant.

So 125.4 - 122.7 = only +2.7

Unless I misunderstand.

In case someone's thinking that Wilt's "best" season means he wasn't that impactful, he averaged 45.5 mpg for the 66/67 76ers where the team had a point differential of 9.4 That team actually averaged more points (125.2).

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk View Post
    Wouldn't it be the point differential for the team? We can discount those six minutes as they're insigficant.

So 125.4 - 122.7 = only +2.7

Unless I misunderstand.

In the spirit of it it would be. But in fact? If they lost those 6 minutes by 5 points wilts 62 season is a negative in plus/minus. It obviously doesn’t matter....just a weird thing.