Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar
    Last edited by 1987_Lakers; 04-21-2024 at 02:16 AM.

Default Re: Ryan Garcia defeats Devin Haney

King Ryan the new face of boxing. I didn’t give him a shot in hell wow. I haven’t Been this shocked since Loma lost. Talk your shit Ryan! You deserve it

Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid View Post
    King Ryan the new face of boxing. I didn’t give him a shot in hell wow. I haven’t Been this shocked since Loma lost. Talk your shit Ryan! You deserve it
    He for sure has the personality, but the face is still Canelo & Tank.

This fight shocked the hell out of me too. I thought Ryan wasn't mentally prepared to fight with the way he has been acting. Dude stomped Haney from round 7 and on.

Last edited by 1987_Lakers; 04-21-2024 at 02:46 AM.

I’m confused at so many people doubting Garcia. And had no idea he was such an underdog. I rarely bet but had I seen those odds I would’ve dropped a $100 on him. Devin Haney isn’t nearly as good as he was favored to be. Pillow puncher. Now I will admit I didn’t see the antics, promo of the fight. So seems maybe that too had folks all in on Haney? I saw one viral clip of Garcia where he was singing and Haney looked annoyed. But anyway I don’t see why so many didn’t like Garcia in this fight. What about Haney do people like?

Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid View Post
    New face? You must’ve forgot his face when Tank bullied him lol But he deserves to talk smack to Haney.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB View Post
    I’m confused at so many people doubting Garcia. And had no idea he was such an underdog. I rarely bet but had I seen those odds I would’ve dropped a $100 on him. Devin Haney isn’t nearly as good as he was favored to be. Pillow puncher. Now I will admit I didn’t see the antics, promo of the fight. So seems maybe that too had folks all in on Haney? I saw one viral clip of Garcia where he was singing and Haney looked annoyed. But anyway I don’t see why so many didn’t like Garcia in this fight. What about Haney do people like?
    Garcia was all over the place with the way he was acting, many speculated he was on drugs. Ryan also admitted after the fight that he was drinking & smoking everyday during camp. He drank a beer at the weigh in.
    Last edited by 1987_Lakers; 04-21-2024 at 10:39 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB View Post
    One of the head judges called the match a tie at 112-112. That was with Haney getting the shit beat out of him and knocked down 3 times. They wanted Haney to win and were willing to rig it but it was so lopsided that it didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    One of the head judges called the match a tie at 112-112. That was with Haney getting the shit beat out of him and knocked down 3 times. They wanted Haney to win and were willing to rig it but it was so lopsided that it didn't work.
    Word.

That judge is 100% being paid by people who are very upset & very concerned at the future direction it could go …. at what kind of ideas Garcia is spreading to millions of young Latina’s & their multicultural friends. He may be not 100% mentally healthy, but his heart is in the right place.

The Truth Is Out There Media Moderator's Avatar

I thought this guy had no chance. He's gone all Hollywood like Conor. But with mental illness and drug use. Combine that with the confidence lost from a humiliating loss and I thought this pretty boy was done.

BTW, that ref sucked ass. He saved Haney from getting knocked out, dude obviously has something against Ryan.

My first thought too. I honestly thought they were going to steal that victory from Garcia. I can guarantee whoever the judge with 112-112 was is corrupt or had a bet on that game. It's unfortunate, but the state of boxing last couple decades. Mired in corruption. This is why I have slowly lost interest over the past decade - too much bs.

Also, Haney got knocked down 4 times. I don't know why they counted.

Good bounce back win for Ryan after his last TKO loss but he did come in 3.5lbs overweight, basically halfway up to the next weight class. So he didn't qualify to win the belt and lost $1.5 million of his purse.

Homeboy shouldnt have bragged about drinking and smoking everyday leading up to this fight

I’m about to watch the replay of fight now.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Garcia was all over the place with the way he was acting, many speculated he was on drugs. Ryan also admitted after the fight that he was drinking & smoking everyday during camp. He drank a beer at the weigh in.
    Ahhh gotcha. See I had no idea about that. Not that I still wouldn’t have bet on Garcia but makes sense why odds were to insanely in Haney favor.

I thought Garcia wasn't fully invested in the fight because of all his training camp antics and telling people his phone was taken away and that he was kidnapped and brought to some strange place where adults did shit to kids. Dude seemed off his rocker, but fair play to him by doing what he did to Haney. That left hand was dangerous right from round 1. Could've had the unanimous decision if he didn't get the point taken away for that stupid cheap shot. Hopefully this humbles Haney a bit too.