Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The nba and people in general are overrating to coronavirus.

Default Re: The nba and people in general are overrating to coronavirus.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    95% are over the age of 80.

Mind you, the casualty rate here in the States is just a little over a hundred. I think it's definitely an overreaction to have the markets crash as they've had.
    So right around your age, patty?

DEATH TO COMMIES!!! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    So right around your age, patty?
    While I am much older and wiser and better looking than the Millennial shitbirds that post on this site, I haven't hit 40 yet. So slow your role.

Coronavirus don't want none of this.

95% are over the age of 80.

Mind you, the casualty rate here in the States is just a little over a hundred. I think it's definitely an overreaction to have the markets crash as they've had.
    Let me guess, you think we will be under 200 deaths a week from now because we have only 100 so far. The deaths will come once we're overwhelmed and run out of ventilators, supplies, nurses, and doctors.

"Cuomo says current projections show that in 45 days, New York could need up to 110,000 hospital beds and 37,000 ventilators for coronavirus patients. It now has 53,000 beds and 3,000 ventilators."

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan View Post
    Let me guess, you think we will be under 200 deaths a week from now because we have only 100 so far. The deaths will come once we're overwhelmed and run out of ventilators, supplies, nurses, and doctors.

"Cuomo says current projections show that in 45 days, New York could need up to 110,000 hospital beds and 37,000 ventilators for coronavirus patients. It now has 53,000 beds and 3,000 ventilators."
    Martial law is coming like in China and South Korea.. Something no American has seen since the Civil War.. There were several localized martial law declared like around the Katrina damage region, but nothing national since Civil War

Quote Originally Posted by Draz View Post
    I have a cold and cough. I traveled back from Hawaii about 2 weeks ago. I also went to a sweet 16 where people kept hugging me this weekend.

Idk if I have it or what. I sound like shit too right now.
    a high fever is the most common symptom.

College star

When the deaths surpass the flu #'s in the US, even with draconian prevention, you're still going to be crying, the flu is worse.
    Nah man if i end up being wrong than ill admit. It wont be the first or last time. Lets hope im not though.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Hey man at least I take public health and safety seriously. So who’s the real retarded one here?
    Who said i dont take it seriously? The flu is pretty serious. When i have it i dont go out in public gatherings betting other peolple infected. I dont go see my parents so i dont get them sick. I would do the same with this. Its actually what their telling peoe to do. You sound like an emotional b*tch dude

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23 View Post
    yes i understand how the math works the problem is your math isnt right because the coronavirus death rate isnt 1-3%. Its more like .1 or .2%, the same as the flu. Heres the problem. We know enough about the flu to make fairly close estimates of how many people it infects. This is what is used when calculating the flu death rate. With the coronavirus though they dont know enough about it to make accurate enough estimates so they just use confirmed cases instead. This is how they calculate the coronavirus death rate. The problem with that is there's way more people infected than are confirmed and once they do come out with estimates the death rate will go down considerably. For example ohio dosnt even have 100 confirmed cases but the health officials there estimate theres at least 100,000 people infected.

And heres an article by a professor who estimates that theres anywhere from 50,000 to 500,000 people infected in the us. Theres just over 100 deaths so far so even if you use the low end of that estimate that still puts the death rate down to .2% https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...virus-in%3famp

This will come to light the more we learn about the virus.
    We'll agree to disagree. You can say the same for the flu in regards to the numbers. I'm sure there's millions of people who get it every year that never go into the doctor to get tested for it. If you go to the clinic they won't test for it. They'll just give you a doctor's note stating "flu like symptoms" and refer you to a hospital that can test for it. In short, even if the true numbers for the mortality rate of the COVID-19 are 0.1 to 0.2%, I still best it's a lot higher than the flu because of the exact reasoning you described with the COVID-19 virus with people getting tested for it versus who actually has it.

Let me guess, you think we will be under 200 deaths a week from now

I'll take that bet.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode View Post
    We'll agree to disagree. You can say the same for the flu in regards to the numbers. I'm sure there's millions of people who get it every year that never go into the doctor to get tested for it. If you go to the clinic they won't test for it. They'll just give you a doctor's note stating "flu like symptoms" and refer you to a hospital that can test for it. In short, even if the true numbers for the mortality rate of the COVID-19 are 0.1 to 0.2%, I still best it's a lot higher than the flu because of the exact reasoning you described with the COVID-19 virus with people getting tested for it versus who actually has it.
    Thats fair i guess time will tell. Lets hope for my ego and humanity's sake im right though lol

College star

I'll take that bet.
    I wouldn't and im one of the few on here arguing against the coronavirus being no worse than the flu. Thing is the flu has killed about 25,000 people in the us this flu season. Thats more than 4000 people a month and 1000 people a week on average. The chances the coronavirus kills more than 100 people this week is pretty good.

No one believes Patty is under 60 lol.

I wouldn't and im one of the few on here arguing against the coronavirus being no worse than the flu. Thing is the flu has killed about 25,000 people in the us this flu season. Thats more than 4000 people a month and 1000 people a week on average. The chances the coronavirus kills more than 100 people this week is pretty good.

Actually, I may have to amend to under 300. At the time I posted that, the number was 151. I was still working with numbers of around 100.

College star

Actually, I may have to amend to under 300. At the time I posted that, the number was 151. I was still working with numbers of around 100.
    I still wouldn't take it. Numbers are definitely gonna increase more and more over the next few months. We'll see though.

You know its bad when were betting on a virus because theres no sports. Lets hope this thing gets under control fast.

Yes obviously but whats your point? Even though the coronavirus has no vaccine it still has a similar death rate to the flu. When they do get a vaccine it should drop the infections and death rate well below the flu.
    A vaccine for COVID-19 will take several months to verify and mass produce. We just started trials.

You just indirectly acknowledged what the point is. Even if we stipulate that COVID-19 has a similar death rate to the flu, if we try to deal with it without a vaccine and the shut downs and the social distancing measures that are being taken right now, we would end up seeing more deaths due to it than the flu because it will spread to more people since there is no vaccine.

Earlier you mentioned that they shouldn't "shut the world down," but do you understand why such drastic measures are being taken in the absence of a vaccine and proven effective treatments for COVID-19.