Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Playstation 5 vs Xbox Series X

Xbox Series X is slightly more powerful and can push better visuals than the PS5

Here's the Sony press conference this afternoon explaining the specs and tech

Default Re: Playstation 5 vs Xbox Series X

It's all about the exclusives and Sony usually has the better ones. Also, Xbox is pushing their proprietary storage shit. Fvck that

Who's going to buy a mother freak of a console that won't even have any exclusives for a year? 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Facepalm View Post
    It's all about the exclusives and Sony usually has the better ones.
    100%. PS4 has the better catalog by a lot

Looks like Sony is about to buy the license to Metal Gear and Silent Hill from Konami

https://www.gamesradar.com/playstati...s-from-konami/

Welcome to 2012, console users! Maybe you will catchup to 2020 PCs with the PS6 in 2030. Cucks!

I haven't gamed in over 5-6 years.

The PS4 was the most boring console I've ever had. Coming from someone who loved PSP and had a PS1/PS3.

XBOX 360 had the best online experience ever.

I'm going Xbox this time. I skipped XB1. I don't think I'll be heading back to Sony for now. I can careless about playing offline single player with a dildough up my ass. I rather tell kids I'll be fcking their mother online in COD.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    Welcome to 2012, console users! Maybe you will catchup to 2020 PCs with the PS6 in 2030. Cucks!
    own both

Loads games 100 times faster than the outgoing ps4? 🤔

https://www.unilad.co.uk/gaming/ps5-...LV_PNRJUzfl83w

As has been the case usually with these consoles. Specs don't matter, game library does.

On a side note I've had Stadia since November and I like it. It's gotten better for me personally. They just need to keep improving the game library which they have.
    Last edited by Meticode; 03-18-2020 at 07:53 PM.

I'll get the Xbox so I can play Chel with my homies

im getting the fridge

Sony Playstation has confirmed all 4,000+ PS4 games are likely to work on the PS5 with over 100+ getting boosted frequency and patched to run smoother on the PS5

Cool news, now people can just trade in their PS4 console when buying PS5 and get a nice $100-$150 off

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Loads games 100 times faster than the outgoing ps4? ��

https://www.unilad.co.uk/gaming/ps5-...LV_PNRJUzfl83w
    Internal SSD's baby.

The core processors for both are cutting edge for even high end PC rigs (for now), powerful enough to run 4 different games simultaneously. Able to pause and switch between games seamlessly from a suspended state, even with the console off

2020 Insidehoops MVP Stanley Kobrick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAmbruh View Post
    Xbox Series X is slightly more powerful and can push better visuals than the PS

Here's the Sony press conference this afternoon explaining the specs and tech

It's going to be funny. As a PC tech guy I can say I'm actually impressed with both consoles. Sony went more for an overall feature-set and also took audio off the load of the main CPU/GPU which is HUGE. They providing very strong audio centered SPUs onto the die. So instead of just plopping some more GPU CUs onto the die they went with audio SPUs designed around their custom 3D audio software.

As anyone in development knows. Audio takes up a ton of the processing power being used in a scene. Having all audio in its own area, it's going to free up the entire GPU for what it is designed to do.Audio is a gigantic hog. Upwards of 20% or more depending on just how heavy you are going with your 3D audio.So take that 12TFlop number, which sounds nice, but remove 20% ( or more ) of that computational force and take it away from graphics compute and place it into Audio compute.Now you have 9.6TFlops of muscle to place behind your graphics calculations and lighting and all that.

On the flip side. The GPU of the PS5 is not handling audio compute at all. So all 36CUs or whatever it is, is completely handling what it is built to handle. So the full 10.2Tflops peak is fully going toward graphic / lighting / shading / blah blah.Also looks like Sony went with bandwidth as well. With much better overall slab of RAM, and not cut up like in the X1SX ( whatever the official abbreviation is ), and has much higher input/output throughput. Looks like Sony is trying to eliminate bottlenecks in the main threads as much as possible. No audio computations, much higher RAM bandwidth overall, and much higher I/O.

Kneejerk commons will see 12 vs 10 and call it a day. But in reality the Sony machine is looking damned impressive tbh. Seriously, this generation is going to be AMAZING. Both systems are incredibly powerful machines. Last gen was ran by <2TFLOP machines with incredibly weak CPUs and some pretty blatant memory bandwidth issues. It didn't matter that the Xbox One X was a 6TFLOP machine. The developers still had to program for the lowest common denominator which was the Xbox One. The main differences ended up being dynamic resolution solutions and framerates overall. ( Which were in of themselves minor in 95% of the cases ).This generation though. Both companies seem to have gone all out. So get ready for 4K 60FPS for a vast majority of games, fantastic audio on the PS5, incredibly fast load times, almost instant bootups, and by god we are getting Ray-Tracing ( still unsure how intense the algorithms can be for high end games but we will see ).

Ps5 all the way!!!