Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Comparing sidekick help while trying to 3-peat - 14' Wade vs 93' Pippen

NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Comparing sidekick help while trying to 3-peat - 14' Wade vs 93' Pippen

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    One series might not always capture it, but Wade was simply a better scorer than Pippen

By far

Even as an older guy (and he did have a re-surgence post-Lebron where he did well in playoffs)

The Spurs had simply solved Lebron-ball and were specifically targeting Lebron/Wade's poor fit.. that's a big reason Wade played poorly.. SB Nation's article showed endless footage of the Spurs coming off lebron to help on Wade's drives and vice versa, thus forcing them to pass to each other for spot-ups (their weakness)

I try to relay the sentiment AT THE TIME, but sometimes it's better to.let the real pros do it:

During the 1991 regular season, Reggie Miller said: "the Bulls are nothing without Michael Jordan" (quote and video here)...

During the 1993 Finals, Isiah told Bob Costas on national TV that the Bulls were a 1-man team.. This was after Magic said his peak Lakers would beat the bulls because the Lakers' cast would "demolish" the Bulls.. See the 2-minute exchange between Magic/Costas/Isiah here

So again, MJ's cast was pretty ordinary and forced MJ to have the goat PPG, PER, BPM, WS/48, and clutch.. They also forced him to have a good-shooting, off-ball game so he could fit these stats into a system that benefit everyone/maximized team ceiling, aka 6/6
    Annnddd we're back to "Jordan=GOAT and >>Lebron". No one disagrees.

Not sure you really want to play the "well this commentator/player said ___ at this time" game. You can find people saying everything.

Default Re: Comparing sidekick help while trying to 3-peat - 14' Wade vs 93' Pippen

Pippen wasn't even all defense in 1993
    Lol, wut? You lying sack of shit. Pippen was All-Def First Team in '93 and All-NBA Third. Wade didn't make either team.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    2011.That series immediately eliminated LeBron from any contention of being the GOAT. Sorry. You just have to deal with it.
    It's not just 2011, but 2007 as well.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987 View Post
    Lol, wut? You lying sack of shit. Pippen was All-Def First Team in '93 and All-NBA Third. Wade didn't make either team.
    I meant that he got no dpoy votes while MJ was 2nd

MJ got more dpoy votes than Pippen nearly every year, while carrying the goat scoring/clutch load and matching him in assists.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsNY View Post
    Retarded

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsNY View Post
    Don't. He's an lbj stan now.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Retarded
    Getting locked down disqualifies a player from goat, and lebron's 22 on 36% certainly qualifies

Then he got locked down again in 08' (26 on 35% in 2nd Rd)

Then he got locked down AGAIN (11' Finals)

He doesn't compare to MJ

MJ got more dpoy votes than Pippen nearly every year, while carrying the goat scoring/clutch load and matching him in assists.
    I don’t care about u lot and the same tired debate but is this true .anyone can answer

No you didn't, you ****ing idiot. You said, and I quote, "Pippen wasn't even all defense in 1993".

He was First Team All-Def, shit for brains.

3ball is disgustingly shameless.

he used to spam threads filling the front page with threads saying that lbj is a fake star that cant win.

and then when lbj won AGAIN and did exactly what 3ball was spamming saying he cant do - guess what?

3ball just started making a new set of excuses "buh buh kyrie."

this guy still cant admit that he is always wrong.

he should literally apologize for all of the spam and just admit that he's an idiot.

in fact what hes proven to me over our many fun discussions is that lebron has a case for GOAT, not that I say he is.

and thats why 3ball is so insecure, he feels he has to trash lbj to defend mj. thats why he tried to keep lbj out of top 20 then top 15 then top 10 rankings.

its why he tries to spam and convince us that pippen is the worst allstar of all-time - its all just to prop his mj delusions.

3ball doing a disservice to Michael Jordan. With each and every post.

If you're gonna engage in debate, don't lie your ass off.

The funniest/saddest thing about 3ball is that he's arguing something the majority of people already believe. Jordan would get at minimum 70-80% of the vote in any GOAT poll, yet here he is, day after week after month after half a decade, posting all day arguing something hardly anybody disputes. It'd be like if there were some deranged Gretzky fan on a hockey forum arguing 25,000 times he was the greatest ever. Shit is just completely unnecessary

he's started good discussions but he's always full of shit in his take. completely dishonest. we need him though. he shouldnt get himself banned.

Ive never seen someone talk about fake wins "that doesnt count" like thats some type of rational argument.

just because kyrie hurt his feelings he's saying the 2016 ring doesnt count as a finals MVP as the man.

meanwhile in reality it might be the GOAT ring considering lbj fulfilling his massive hype and bringing a ring to his hometown.

we dont need to go into the other optics, ie leading both teams in every stat, the only 3-1 comeback (GOAT shit), 73 win team, game 7 on the road etc etc.

my dear 3ball, you cant just say it doesnt count.

thats just not how it works my 3ballz my friend.

bend the knee and give it to me. top-5 GOAT of all-time, undisputed top 10 even if you're a hater.

just say it.

Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    he's started good discussions
    He honestly doesn't though. He literally has 4 thread topics he makes

Jordan's the GOAT
    LeBron's overrated
    Pippen's a bum
    LeBron had GOAT help

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    The funniest/saddest thing about 3ball is that he's arguing something the majority of people already believe. Jordan would get at minimum 70-80% of the vote in any GOAT poll, yet here he is, day after week after month after half a decade, posting all day arguing something hardly anybody disputes. It'd be like if there were some deranged Gretzky fan on a hockey forum arguing 25,000 times he was the greatest ever. Shit is just completely unnecessary

he's such a bitch. I dont even know why he watches the NBA. he literally doesnt like or appreciate any player or any team he just trashes everyone. we dont even know what he likes other than his mj fantasies.

anyways he's fun because it was fun watching the haters lose all of their arguments. this guy was wrong about everything.

its fun trashing mike as well. very easy to make arguments against a granny-cheating sociopath.

he's the scumbag hvac salesman that scams old ladies into shitty contracts. thats who we're dealing with here.

lebron might be annoying in some ways but you can tell he's a nice guy, or at the very least not a granny-cheating sociopath.