Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: A different perspective on covid

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
    Nobody on ISH watched Fox dude. Stop it with the straw man.
    https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/17/...e-23/#comments
    Is a Stanford Med professor good enough for you?
    Sure man, and your base doesn't rely on Evangelical support to get shit done.....

Congrats on finding an opinion piece that's a week old (prehistoric in viral replication time-frame) from a fella that adds the qualifiers "may" 17 times, "could" 5 times, "might" 5 times among many other hedging your bets cya type language in which he simply states we don't know enough so we shouldn't act.............Strong, forceful language.

Not acting is what allowed the outbreak to reach this point in the first place. You found an epidemiologist afraid to act on his knowledge though. Congrats.

There is much to learn from everything that has happened in other countries that are a week to months ahead of us in this outbreak. We should have had an advantage, and yet, somehow we're caught with our pants down.

But that's certainly not the fault of the guy who put the head of the DHS and the director of the CDC in their current positions to handle moments such as this.

Nah

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Agreed.

Weare run by idiots and the majority of the public is intolerant sheep that cannot think for themselves, moral superiors (I care! "Stay the fck home dummie!" Cause you got nothing better to do huh..) or fearmongers(on themselves)/scared
    You've nary room to cast stones from such a glass house.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    If only more people had been asking your question after 9/11... maybe we wouldnt have lost trillions of dollars and ended countless lives fighting pointless wars, or maybe we wouldnt have given away our constitutional right to privacy.
    If only...........Many of us saw the over-reaction coming the moment our heads cleared from the shock of it all. It's natural to want a swift knee-jerk violent reaction and yet, this was cool, calculated manipulation over decades to make evil people richer and to whittle away at all the poor peon's rights that they claim to care so much about all while the peon's lapped it up as necessary.

Just don't add any safety regulations on mah guns....SLIPPERY SLOPE

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Agreed.

Weare run by idiots and the majority of the public is intolerant sheep that cannot think for themselves, moral superiors (I care! "Stay the fck home dummie!" Cause you got nothing better to do huh..) or fearmongers(on themselves)/scared
    I cringe anytime I read that stance. Like it's superindividual, while it's just the same BS rehashed from some freethinkers on social media - often combined with the word sheep.

The best way to be unaffected by opinions is to study cold data and draw your own conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Loco 50 View Post
    100 kids on a playground. 1 of them is yours. 2 or 3 have to die to continue normalcy. You playing the game?

To your last thought, we both know every one of us is going to choose a long drawn out, almost "unnoticeable" death that takes 40 plus years to develop over an acute, more grisly, observable one. There should be no surprise there. The second one is much more fearsome/dramatic. The first, everyone can feign ignorance and claim surprise at the sudden loss.
    If we're comparing it to the disease than statistically it's 1 in 1000. Mortality is 1 in 15000.
    Just is you want to accurately paint a picture

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
    I cringe anytime I read that stance. Like it's superindividual, while it's just the same BS rehashed from some freethinkers on social media - often combined with the word sheep.

The best way to be unaffected by opinions is to study cold data and draw your own conclusions.
    i didnt re-hash anything.

but look at the extreme measures people go to, from one day to the other, without coming in the slightest touch/experience with what apparently is going on, and they will yap to you like their life is in instant danger because thats what the news said this morning.

sheep is just the only word i could think of there.

like they thought the measure they took yesterday was good and enough, but look, there was a new meeting between politicians with a more extreme measure, that means yesterday's measure sucks now and could only be not enough and wrong.