Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 243132333435363744 ... LastLast

Default Re: What stocks would be good to invest in now?

Buy Tesla queers

Partys over boys welcome to the Joe Biden presidency

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Party is actually just getting started...next round of stimmy checks will continue to bloat the market more...and when the US is fully "open" we are going to see an full out economic boom of everyone spending their asses off.

What we just saw was a minor correction, and for stocks like TSLA that is valued at 200x it's yearly profits some correction was needed...and that might even continue into next week IDK.

Stock trading in general is entering new territory...thanks to free trading apps on cell phones combined with stimmy checks, everyone is trading stocks now...it's no longer for people with some money. I know a teenager who works in fast food that is on Robinhood. Broke college kids are Robinhooding. The stock market has never seen what is hitting it...and what's hitting it is just getting started, it's still just a new born baby.

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~ View Post
    Party is actually just getting started...next round of stimmy checks will continue to bloat the market more...and when the US is fully "open" we are going to see an full out economic boom of everyone spending their asses off.

What we just saw was a minor correction, and for stocks like TSLA that is valued at 200x it's yearly profits some correction was needed...and that might even continue into next week IDK.

Stock trading in general is entering new territory...thanks to free trading apps on cell phones combined with stimmy checks, everyone is trading stocks now...it's no longer for people with some money. I know a teenager who works in fast food that is on Robinhood. Broke college kids are Robinhooding. The stock market has never seen what is hitting it...and what's hitting it is just getting started, it's still just a new born baby.
    Inflation will eventually catch up with a lot of these gains. Typically the first domino of inflation is the housing market, but since the nature of Covid is such that people aren't moving much and there are all sorts of rent freezes etc, spending on homes hasnt increased. Nonetheless... all those additional trillions are out there in the market now and that will eventually be corrected for through inflation. The challenge for people who know how shit works (not the Usual Suspects) will be to maintain the illusion that ordinary folk are still making "huge gainz" for as long as possible. But if you're not on the inside... you're on the outside. And outsiders rely on hope and crossed fingers.

Everyone doesn't win. That's impossible. Being rich and being poor are relative, co-dependent concepts. A college kid and a fast food employee can't be rich if Klaus Schwab and Bill Gates are rich. If they all have similar net worths, the word 'rich' no longer applies to anything.

Do you think they're gonna let that happen?

I'm happy for you if you're making enough gains to outpace the impending inflation. But guys like bladefd and millertime, and especially the guys even lower than that... they will not be winners in the end. They have no clue what they're doing and they're just blindly imitating what everyone else is doing at the moment and praying it somehow works out.

Their quality of life will no doubt go up as we move ahead into the future, as has been the case for all of humanity. The beggar at the soup kitchen today has more on his plate than King Nebuchanezzer ever did. So hopefully no matter where our position in society, we all keep that perspective and be thankful for the period we live in.

But relatively speaking? A lot of these guys think they're getting ahead because they see numbers on an app go up higher than the numbers on their account the day before. And that's literally all they know or understand. The big picture is not discernible for them. They're just happy to perceive an increase in personal net worth. But they're not "getting ahead."

There are always exceptions, but the golden rule of pretty much anything is if you dont know what you're doing, you're not getting ahead. You can mimic and parrot and contort your habits to those of other people. But if you don't actually understand what's going on and why things happen and what you're actually doing... you're not getting ahead. People who actually know shit will always remain ahead of you.

So, good luck amigo.

I've been reading a lot on inflation past few weeks. There are actually a lot of economists arguing that inflation fears are way overblown. Inflation is extremely complex and there is a lot more to it than just "adding more money = inflation". For one if all the stimmy money is just going straight to Jeff Bezos (and the rest of the 1%) then we will not inflate as the rest of society is still dealing with the same scraps we always have. In order for inflation to occur all that stimmy money needs to be integrated into society, show up as larger salaries, people out spending which allows businesses to hike prices, etc.

Currently the FED believes we are not inflating enough...right now we are below the 2% level deemed "healthy inflation". And the Cares Act which added $2.2 Trillion was actually an entire year ago. So from the Care Act we have yet to see any inflation.

Also the FED supposedly has new ways to combat inflation that they have not used before too in the form of adjust rates and things of that nature. They claim they are worried about jobs and not inflation.

I personally do expect a few high inflation years soon...maybe 2022-26, but I don't think it will be 'hyper' or anything like that...like a few years of 5% inflation or something.

All that aside, the best things you can have to safeguard against inflation are stocks, bonds, real estate, gold/silver...these are the things that will 'inflate'!...their prices will auto-adjust with inflation. The worst thing you can have during high inflation is raw cash, as it will just sit there and devalue.

There is also the fear of bonds market crashing. I don't own any bonds and never really looked into how it's doing. Still, that could potentially seep into the stocks market & market as a whole. If I'm not mistaken, bonds market depends on factors like how quickly the economy goes back up to pre-covid boom and how quickly the interest rates go up. If interest rates go up, that can drop the value of bonds. Doesn't rise in inflation also further cause value of bonds to drop?

If there is increase in inflation, I would still be worried about massive stock market sell-off around the corner. Just the threat of inflation led to a sell off on Thursday. Can you imagine the sell-off from actual increase in inflation? Lol it could be a panic.

What I'm confused about is if interest rates go up, doesn't that mean inflation would have to come down because higher rates means less borrowing? There can't be a rise in interest rates and increase in inflation at the same time, right?
    Last edited by bladefd; 03-07-2021 at 04:05 AM.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    There is also the fear of bonds market crashing. I don't own any bonds and never really looked into how it's doing. Still, that could potentially seep into the stocks market & market as a whole. If I'm not mistaken, bonds market depends on factors like how quickly the economy goes back up to pre-covid boom and how quickly the interest rates go up. If interest rates go up, that can drop the value of bonds. Doesn't rise in inflation also further cause value of bonds to drop?

If there is increase in inflation, I would still be worried about massive stock market sell-off around the corner. Just the threat of inflation led to a sell off on Thursday. Can you imagine the sell-off from actual increase in inflation? Lol it could be a panic.

What I'm confused about is if interest rates go up, doesn't that mean inflation would have to come down because higher rates means less borrowing? There can't be a rise in interest rates and increase in inflation at the same time, right?
    The inevitable opening up of the economy and the bigger stimulus signals that inflation is coming so at some point interest rates will move up to combat the inflation. If you look at at 10 year Treasury Yield , itÂ’s been rising and rising quickly. Inflation is bondsÂ’ kryptonite , itÂ’s just eat away those fixed payments to investors. This is why carefully monitoring the shot caller, Federal Reserve, is imperative because their sentiment ( particularly JPowell) signals where the market gonna go. Increasing interest rates mean more borrowing costs . A rise in rates could also reduce the present value of companiesÂ’ future cash flows, denting equity valuations. And with that, the technology sector as expected is taking the heat. Their fundamental metrics from cash flow, earnings and profits will become less valuable .

Let me put it this way, the tech correction is expected but I just think itÂ’s happening too quickly and I bet that those Whales institutions are hedging against them. When will it hit the floor, who knows. Taking out risky stocks that has not produced anything and decreasing your positions is probably the most pragmatic but o definitely would position myself to buy more at some point and make my FOMO entry point.

Stimulus passed. Monday will be green followed by selloffs on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    The inevitable opening up of the economy and the bigger stimulus signals that inflation is coming so at some point interest rates will move up to combat the inflation. If you look at at 10 year Treasury Yield , itÂ’s been rising and rising quickly. Inflation is bondsÂ’ kryptonite , itÂ’s just eat away those fixed payments to investors. This is why carefully monitoring the shot caller, Federal Reserve, is imperative because their sentiment ( particularly JPowell) signals where the market gonna go. Increasing interest rates mean more borrowing costs . A rise in rates could also reduce the present value of companiesÂ’ future cash flows, denting equity valuations. And with that, the technology sector as expected is taking the heat. Their fundamental metrics from cash flow, earnings and profits will become less valuable .

Let me put it this way, the tech correction is expected but I just think itÂ’s happening too quickly and I bet that those Whales institutions are hedging against them. When will it hit the floor, who knows. Taking out risky stocks that has not produced anything and decreasing your positions is probably the most pragmatic but o definitely would position myself to buy more at some point and make my FOMO entry point.
    Probably a good time to sell some stuff & build up cash position early this week, huh?

DOW up 600 pts...record high

and the Nasdaq is down...

I didn't think something like that was even possible...but tech is still getting hit

time to start buying up the tech that is getting hit...not all of it is though, and some of it is still way over priced

Snowflake (SNOW) looks like a prime candidate...the company has been putting up great numbers, it's a growing company in a growing industry (cloud) and for whatever reason the stock has tanked....time to buy it.

others out there too like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~ View Post
    DOW up 600 pts...record high

and the Nasdaq is down...

I didn't think something like that was even possible...but tech is still getting hit

time to start buying up the tech that is getting hit...not all of it is though, and some of it is still way over priced

Snowflake (SNOW) looks like a prime candidate...the company has been putting up great numbers, it's a growing company in a growing industry (cloud) and for whatever reason the stock has tanked....time to buy it.

others out there too like that.
    I think it tanked because lockup period ended for employees so they are selling. May have been last week - I recall Jim Cramer talking about it

I think it tanked because lockup period ended for employees so they are selling. May have been last week - I recall Jim Cramer talking about it
    Jim Cramer is a moron. The guy has admitted to illegal trading and has been on a mission to keep those videos from surfacing.

There are much more reputable financial analysts out there, most require subscriptions for their insight.

Quote Originally Posted by rawimpact View Post
    Jim Cramer is a moron. The guy has admitted to illegal trading and has been on a mission to keep those videos from surfacing.

There are much more reputable financial analysts out there, most require subscriptions for their insight.
    He was a hedge fund manager. That's how hedge funds are run by lying, scam and illegal practices.

He was a hedge fund manager. That's how hedge funds are run by lying, scam and illegal practices.
    What makes you say that lol? Betting on a company to lose money is not wrong, nor is it illegal. Stock shorting is part of the game, high reward high risk as we've come to see these recent months. What lying, scamming and illegal practices are you referring to?

Good college starter

Probably a good time to sell some stuff & build up cash position early this week, huh?
    Not a financial advisor so it’s anyone guess. You can do a marriage put and pay some premium to keep your long position if you believe they are a keeper long term wise. As Buffet said, if business is doing well then the stocks will eventually follow. I would say the Apple is best indicator since they have massive cash flow, if they are still being corrected then maybe staying in the sideline until that trend will bend.