Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 202728293031323340 ... LastLast
    Good college starter

Default Re: What stocks would be good to invest in now?

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    It's never too late. I think it was Warren Buffett who once said 'time in market usually beats trying to time the market'. Just do some research and invest in sectors that you expect to grow & invest as if you were going to hold it for next 10yrs (another Warren Buffett quote)

Investing should be a long position. S & P 500 withstood the test of time over 9 decades with at least gain of 8-10 %. Timing is important when you capitalize on short term gains. Case in point, there’s a shortage of semiconductors for cars. This is the time where you get your popcorn and jump on semiconductors stocks

Saw a basketball once

Broad index funds and ETF's are the way to go for long term investing. Monthly contributions = steady return.
    Stockpicking and crypto are for fun with money you can afford to lose.

Not a stock, but this was released to day in corroboration with Andres Iniesta: https://www.olyseum.com/

Maybe good to pick up a few before fans find out and will want to use them, not sure - do your own research.

Good college starter

Gas prices have been going up. The oil tank explosion in Iran-Afghanistan might exacerbate the situation. Along with Texas cold blast, I’m bullish with them oil stocks so I’m doubling down.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Gas prices have been going up. The oil tank explosion in Iran-Afghanistan might exacerbate the situation. Along with Texas cold blast, I’m bullish with them oil stocks so I’m doubling down.
    I don't touch oil stocks. There are certain sectors that my principles will never budge on, regardless of how much money I could make. Oil, coal, natural gas, most military defense contractor companies (ones who focus primarily on weapons manufacturing for their profits), cigarettes companies, companies that focus on selling painkilling narcotics and that's about all. Never touching those areas. I run across them often but discard - not even ending up on my watch list.

I have not bought any car manufacturers so I would be hesitant to buy gm/Ford too.. I still keep an eye on them to get an idea of consumption but I don't feel comfortable owning them. Maybe one day in the future when they focus much more resources on electric/hydrogen or something. That could be just 5-6yrs away. Tesla has them forcing to quickly dump any future plans of oil cars. They know if they don't make a change now, Tesla will take them all out of business in just a few years especially if Tesla releases their 25k version sedan in a few years
    Last edited by bladefd; 02-15-2021 at 07:01 PM.

I don't touch oil stocks. There are certain sectors that my principles will never budge on, regardless of how much money I could make. Oil, coal, natural gas, most military defense contractor companies (ones who focus primarily on weapons manufacturing for their profits), cigarettes companies, companies that focus on selling painkilling narcotics and that's about all. Never touching those areas. I run across them often but discard - not even ending up on my watch list.

I have not bought any car manufacturers so I would be hesitant to buy gm/Ford too.. I still keep an eye on them to get an idea of consumption but I don't feel comfortable owning them. Maybe one day in the future when they focus much more resources on electric/hydrogen or something.
    daytradefd

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    So... forgetting it means carefully monitoring daily gains and losses?

I have not bought any car manufacturers so I would be hesitant to buy gm/Ford too.. I still keep an eye on them to get an idea of consumption but I don't feel comfortable owning them. Maybe one day in the future when they focus much more resources on electric/hydrogen or something. That could be just 5-6yrs away. Tesla has them forcing to quickly dump any future plans of oil cars. They know if they don't make a change now, Tesla will take them all out of business in just a few years especially if Tesla releases their 25k version sedan in a few years
    The oil and gas stock I own operates in south america and we all know the south isnt moving to electric vehicles any time soon. I have a 200% return so far in 6 months

Ticker GTE

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove View Post
    The oil and gas stock I own operates in south america and we all know the south isnt moving to electric vehicles any time soon. I have a 200% return so far in 6 months

Ticker GTE
    I put all my money in beer tasting and GNC because I know the employees of these won’t let me down!

LTC shooting back up. Waiting to sell once I break even if I can. I purchased 2.1 at a very high price (@365) in the past.

LTC went to $237..

Got in tesla @ 668
    Apple @223

Market bled, best time to buy at a discount

Just spent my entire IRA contribution today and also filed my taxes last weekend. Nearly 75% went towards tech, the other 25% towards caterpillar because I like their history. Next year is my Roth IRA contribution year so i'll be going towards high dividends so REITs.

Gamestop blowing up again

Should have sold my TESLA for a $70 profit when I had a chance. Now I gotta wait.