Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Default Re: What stocks would be good to invest in now?

Bumping this because this is especially worth paying attention to these days.

pharmaceutical companies will be under heavy scrutiny, so that would be a good start accounting wise. big techs and natural resources firms are good for diversification. If you intend to be an active share holder, media companies with corporate bonds may be the risky path. And if not, banks with public bonds, and/or retail stores with foreign currency.

Bought a bunch of Bank of America stocks to hold. Banks must be creaming themselves - they will be big winners out of this pandemic. Banks seem to always get away like bandits in our system

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    Bought 2 but now I am broke lol. Don't have any cash left. I seriously thought about buying a bunch of carnival or Norwegian cruise stocks but it's too risky. Cruise lines won't get any bailout money or low interest loans because they are headquartered in Bahamas/Panama/Cayman for tax purposes so international companies
    At least a few cruise companies will go bankrupt for sure. People won't risk their lives for something like this anymore. There's just too much risk taking a vacation that turns into a death trap where you get quarantined for months. Cruise stocks aren't worth it.

Airlines are a safer bet.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamshake View Post
    At least a few cruise companies will go bankrupt for sure. People won't risk their lives for something like this anymore. There's just too much risk taking a vacation that turns into a death trap where you get quarantined for months. Cruise stocks aren't worth it.

Airlines are a safer bet.
    Royal Caribbean has the best chance of pulling through because they have enough liquidity to last until next March. Carnival and Norwegian cruise are in risk of going under - one of those 2 will certainly declare bankruptcy, just not sure who. Maybe both.

Waiting for another dip, which will happen as unemployment goes up through April

Sold all my stocks (didn't have many to begin with). Market keeps going up despite bad news coming in, such as job losses. Lock down will probably last longer through April and most likely deep into May I bet... And the market keeps going up and up even as more bad news keep rolling in. I got a real bad feeling about this. Whatever, it's too volatile right now anyways to be worth the risk. Moved everything back to cash and just wait.

I am going to wait for a big dip down the road before buying again.

Sold all my stocks (didn't have many to begin with). Market keeps going up despite bad news coming in, such as job losses. Lock down will probably last longer through April and most likely deep into May I bet... And the market keeps going up and up even as more bad news keep rolling in. I got a real bad feeling about this. Whatever, it's too volatile right now anyways to be worth the risk. Moved everything back to cash and just wait.

LOL

What are you spending 40-50k on stock or what?

Just ride it through, stop being so scared of fluctuations. This is a great time to buy, look back at your portfolio in six months.

Quote Originally Posted by rawimpact View Post
    LOL

What are you spending 40-50k on stock or what?

Just ride it through, stop being so scared of fluctuations. This is a great time to buy, look back at your portfolio in six months.
    Put in 1k just over a month ago. I made $300 (not excluding taxes) and I feel like this is just a short-term fake rally that is not going to last. The market has yet to hit rock bottom or even close

Put in 1k just over a month ago. I made $300 (not excluding taxes) and I feel like this is just a short-term fake rally that is not going to last. The market has yet to hit rock bottom or even close
    Congrats, you are now subject to short term capital gains tax

If you cannot afford to ride out the market for atleast a year, keep your money in your pocket... you're not really in a position to invest anyways.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

so you are timing the market?

vandalay industries - latex manufacturing

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan View Post
    so you are timing the market?
    Kind of. I just expect a drop coming in soon. Too many bad news to not get another big dip.

Wow, oil dropped below $1 a barrel.

A barrel.

How do I profit off this inevitable rebound? Air travel will return, things need to be shipped, commutes will come back. An ETF like USO?

Quote Originally Posted by Raymone View Post
    Wow, oil dropped below $1 a barrel.

A barrel.
    damn.

gas stations around here still charging $2.25-$2.50 per gallon smh