Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Did you know? NBA edition

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    727

    Default Did you know? NBA edition

    Paul George is in the top 5 most 3-pointers ever made in a single season?

    #1. Curry 2016 (402)
    #2. Harden 2019 (378)
    #3. Curry 2019 (354)
    #4. Curry 2017 (324)
    #5. Paul George 2019 (292)

    Only Curry and Harden ever broke 300 made in a single season, and Curry owns 3 of those 4 occurrences.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    727

    Default Re: Did you know?

    Harden 2020 set the record for most 3PA per game for a single season (12.6 3PA) only second to his own #1 (13.2 in 2019 3PA). In 2020 Harden had already hit 272 in 61 games.

    He had 21 more games to get into the 300 territory to push Paul George down to 6th

    Curry's highest 3PA for a season was 11.7 in 2019, followed closely by 11.2 in 2016.

  3. #3
    3x FMVP plus 2016 FMVP red1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    the gold-standard* + GOAT ring
    Posts
    22,741

    Default Re: Did you know?

    Quote Originally Posted by FromDowntown View Post
    Paul George is in the top 5 most 3-pointers ever made in a single season?

    #1. Curry 2016 (402)
    #2. Harden 2019 (378)
    #3. Curry 2019 (354)
    #4. Curry 2017 (324)
    #5. Paul George 2019 (292)

    Only Curry and Harden ever broke 300 made in a single season, and Curry owns 3 of those 4 occurrences.
    curry only player in NBA history to hit 400 threes in a season

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    727

    Default Re: Did you know?

    Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    curry only player in NBA history to hit 400 threes in a season
    What a G. Did it on 11.2 3PA per game too, that's the craziest part.

    Harden took 13.2 in 2019 and hit 379
    Curry took 11.2 in 2016 and hit 402

    2 less per game, and still made 23 more

  5. #5
    Decent college freshman AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,686

    Default Re: Did you know?

    Harden and George racking up same numbers as curry without half the spacing curry had, and while being elite in other categories (harden passing, george defense)

    Damn curry is insanely overrated

  6. #6
    Bran Fam Member ImKobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Staples Center
    Posts
    21,731

    Default Re: Did you know?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    Harden and George racking up same numbers as curry without half the spacing curry had, and while being elite in other categories (harden passing, george defense)

    Damn curry is insanely overrated
    Wheels, Curry made over 45% of his 3PAs when he broke the 400 mark. Harden was at 36.8% last year and 35.2% this season & has never reached 40%. Paul George was a little more efficient but still only shot 38.6%. Curry is way ahead of those guys.

  7. #7
    Decent college freshman AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,686

    Default Re: Did you know?

    Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Wheels, Curry made over 45% of his 3PAs when he broke the 400 mark. Harden was at 36.8% last year and 35.2% this season & has never reached 40%. Paul George was a little more efficient but still only shot 38.6%. Curry is way ahead of those guys.
    That's certainly better than his fmvp vote percentage of 2%

  8. #8
    Le11th superduper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    10,132

    Default Re: Did you know?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    Harden and George racking up same numbers as curry without half the spacing curry had, and while being elite in other categories (harden passing, george defense)

    Damn curry is insanely overrated

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    727

    Default Re: Did you know?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    That's certainly better than his fmvp vote percentage of 2%
    Goodness gracious

  10. #10
    I said good day, sir! Axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Pit of Darkness
    Posts
    4,365

    Default Re: Did you know?

    "Curry has gone 0-for-8 on go-ahead shots with less than 20 seconds left in his NBA playoff career."

  11. #11
    Numbers Guy MrFonzworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Data Pagan
    Posts
    11,674

    Default Re: Did you know?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    That's certainly better than his fmvp vote percentage of 2%
    Ouch...

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    727

    Default Re: Did you know?

    Every know PG's 2019 season had one of the top 5 most 3-pointers made in NBA history?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •