Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Trumps gone full retard.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: Trumps gone full retard.

Donald Trump is beyond incredibly insecure. He's thin skinned and it causes him to say and do things that are beyond silly for someone that is the POTUS. There's no disputing that or arguing with it or calling it anything other than what it is. He is deeply insecure.

However, anyone that thinks he's actually retarded or that he's stupid or even that he's of average intelligence or below... well, they're not paying attention, they're easily manipulated by the media and they're likely stupid themselves. Donald Trump, even with the help from his father, did not just get to where he is at both in business and in politics... on accident. Donald Trump is extremely socially aware and very good at manipulating people to achieve what he wants. He's significantly more clever than a large portion of people give him credit for.

I am not a Donald Trump fan and I will not vote for him but anyone who thinks he's just a complete idiot that lucked into everything he has achieved in life... well... there's a strong chance that they're the stupid one.

Quote Originally Posted by John Connor View Post
    Donald Trump is beyond incredibly insecure. He's thin skinned and it causes him to say and do things that are beyond silly for someone that is the POTUS. There's no disputing that or arguing with it or calling it anything other than what it is. He is deeply insecure.

However, anyone that thinks he's actually retarded or that he's stupid or even that he's of average intelligence or below... well, they're not paying attention, they're easily manipulated by the media and they're likely stupid themselves. Donald Trump, even with the help from his father, did not just get to where he is at both in business and in politics... on accident. Donald Trump is extremely socially aware and very good at manipulating people to achieve what he wants. He's significantly more clever than a large portion of people give him credit for.

I am not a Donald Trump fan and I will not vote for him but anyone who thinks he's just a complete idiot that lucked into everything he has achieved in life... well... there's a strong chance that they're the stupid one.
    he's already saving face as he usually does with some decent press conferences. on to the next gaffe...

Trump got a substantial head start from his father, there's no disputing that. And I honestly don't think he's even that great of a businessman, the guy has had literally a dozen+ business failings ranging from steaks to vodka to most infamously Atlantic City, and he's had to declare bankruptcy 4 times.

I think where he does excel is marketing, branding and being an entertainer. He managed to brand the Trump name as being synonymous with luxury and success, and even though he has a track record that suggests otherwise, he's managed to convince roughly half the country he's a savvy businessman. He's also very good, as most successful politicians are, at being manipulative and preying on peoples fears.

I definitely wouldn't call him stupid, he actually sounded a lot more intelligent and articulate when he was younger. But now in his advanced age, he definitely says and does some really stupid things, and his ignorance on several issues, like with this virus, has been costly.

Gosh, that is a very bold statement, indeed.

I always say that Donald Trump has a very high social IQ. I've never heard anyone else say that.

Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Trump got a substantial head start from his father, there's no disputing that. And I honestly don't think he's even that great of a businessman, the guy has had literally a dozen+ business failings ranging from steaks to vodka to most infamously Atlantic City, and he's had to declare bankruptcy 4 times.

I think where he does excel is marketing, branding and being an entertainer. He managed to brand the Trump name as being synonymous with luxury and success, and even though he has a track record that suggests otherwise, he's managed to convince roughly half the country he's a savvy businessman. He's also very good, as most successful politicians are, at being manipulative and preying on peoples fears.

I definitely wouldn't call him stupid, he actually sounded a lot more intelligent and articulate when he was younger. But now in his advanced age, he definitely says and does some really stupid things, and his ignorance on several issues, like with this virus, has been costly.
    I mean saying he’s great at marketing is essentially what I was driving at in a roundabout way when I was talking about his social ability but marketing is surely not the only area in which he excels. And while yes it is true that he had to file various bankruptcies, there he sits with millions if not billions and billions of dollars... arguably the most powerful individual on the entire planet.

As far as the virus goes... I’m not sure specifically what you mean because I haven’t stayed glued to the news about this but I definitely think there are some holes in his intelligence... I mean this is a guy that used to go on Alex Jones’ show with some quasi-regularity if I recall correctly... I know that he went on at least once which is one time too many.

The overall point that I was making was basically just that it’s incredibly incorrect and very dismissive to just label Trump as an idiot. There are definitely aspects to his intellect that far exceed the average person’s so it’s just flat out factually incorrect to label him as stupid and be so dismissive of his overall cognitive ability.
    Last edited by John Connor; 04-01-2020 at 02:20 AM.

I mean saying he’s great at marketing is essentially what I was driving at in a roundabout way when I was talking about his social ability but marketing is surely not the only area in which he excels. And while yes it is true that he had to file various bankruptcies, there he sits with millions if not billions and billions of dollars... arguably the most powerful individual on the entire planet.

As far as the virus goes... I’m not sure specifically what you mean because I haven’t stayed glued to the news about this but I definitely think there are some holes in his intelligence... I mean this is a guy that used to go on Alex Jones’ show with some quasi-regularity if I recall correctly... I know that he went on at least once which is one time too many.

The overall point that I was making was basically just that it’s incredibly incorrect and very dismissive to just label Trump as an idiot. There are definitely aspects to his intellect that far exceed the average person’s so it’s just flat out factually incorrect to label him as stupid and be so dismissive of his overall cognitive ability.
    You diss Alex Jones but he's in total agreement with you on your economics theory.

I think it's badass he went on Alex Jones. He only did it (I think) at the beginning of his campaign. He was bucking the mainstream and appealing to people outside of the mainstream. To me, that's pretty cool.

Your overall point though is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
    You diss Alex Jones but he's in total agreement with you on your economics theory.

I think it's badass he went on Alex Jones. He only did it (I think) at the beginning of his campaign. He was bucking the mainstream and appealing to people outside of the mainstream. To me, that's pretty cool.

Your overall point though is spot on.
    Alex Jones' job is to sell fear. There are undoubtedly some things that he covers that are accurate but a lot of it is garbage and there's too much garbage to wade through in order to find the useful information.

Decent college freshman

Alex Jones sold out by supporting Trump. For years it was 911 was an inside job. Then all of a sudden we need a Muslim ban. Lol.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Alex Jones' job is to sell fear. There are undoubtedly some things that he covers that are accurate but a lot of it is garbage and there's too much garbage to wade through in order to find the useful information.
    Yep, then there's also the hypocrisy of siding with Alex Jones while at the same time whining about "fake news" every day.

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~ View Post
    Yep, then there's also the hypocrisy of siding with Alex Jones while at the same time whining about "fake news" every day.
    I saw one interesting thing with Alex Jones, it was him talking about the Vegas shooting under oath at a deposition when he was being sued. He was pretty adamant that he had a source inside the CIA on his take there, and had signed an NDA to be allowed to see something.
    I thought it was note worthy because he admitted to a lot during that deposition, talking about how he'd just report stories from various users, 4 chan etc, but when they briefly talked about Vegas he was quite different.

Winning>Stats

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
    I think he's confusing negative for reality in that propaganda video.

Quote Originally Posted by Horatio33 View Post
    I think he's confusing negative for reality in that propaganda video.
    Or maybe the point went right over your head.