Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2020 Insidehoops MVP Stanley Kobrick's Avatar

Question Should Stephen Curry sit out another year?

if Klay doesn't hoist them back to playoff contention next season? as of right now Warriors are 1-5 with Stephen this season, even with Klay added it might not be enough for playoff contention. i think Warriors should start planning another injury protocol next season for Stephen if they don't get a top pick. Wiggins, Klay and Draymond still may not be enough for Curry to contend with Kawhi or 36 year old Lebron

Default Re: Should Stephen Curry sit out another year?

Regardless of what they try to do, they're not going back to the finals so easily. And even if they do, the path to that will be very murky one with the "death" lineup now gone. Also, since cleveland wouldn't be likely to contend in the playoffs for how many years, it's kinda good to see the warriors out of playoff contention as well. I'm saying this because we all know how those two started to become rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Regardless of what they try to do, they're not going back to the finals so easily. And even if they do, the path to that will be very murky one with the "death" lineup now gone. Also, since cleveland wouldn't be likely to contend in the playoffs for how many years, it's kinda good to see the warriors out of playoff contention as well. I'm saying this because we all know how those two started to become rivals.
    i agree with you axe. without Kevin or Andre the Warriors don't have a Kawhi or Lebron stopper, and even with them they didn't slow either down much. it will pretty much be all on Wiggins, because we know Klay will be forced to guard the opposing teams best guard since Stephen is a liability on defense. if they don't score another all-star in the draft i won't be surpised to see Stephen rest another season with a finger sprain

No Iggy, Big Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Docs Orders View Post
    No Iggy, Big Problems
    i agree with you docs orders. but only halfway as Kevin Durant was also the GSW momentum swinger as both were respectable FMVP winners and imperative to Warriors championships. even with Iggy last finals Curry and the Warriors couldn't stop Kyle Lowry. ironic, the trash bro beating the splash bro

Lol even with curry's hot shooting streak behind the arc isn't enough to lift the warriors against the present contention in the western conference. The damn team needs to rebuild with some key players now gone.

Lol even with curry's hot shooting streak behind the arc isn't enough to lift the warriors against the present contention in the western conference. The damn team needs to rebuild with some key players now gone.
    Draymond needs to get on the phone with Giannis like he did with Durant after the 2016 Finals losss. I know Stephen Curry tried recruiting him after one of their losses to the Bucks this season, which was quite shameful of Curry to disrespect his teammates like that

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Kobrick View Post
    Draymond needs to get on the phone with Giannis like he did with Durant after the 2016 Finals losss. I know Stephen Curry tried recruiting him after one of their losses to the Bucks this season, which was quite shameful of Curry to disrespect his teammates like that
    That's just pathetic to say the least.

Good college starter Walk on Water's Avatar

i agree with you axe. without Kevin or Andre the Warriors don't have a Kawhi or Lebron stopper, and even with them they didn't slow either down much. it will pretty much be all on Wiggins, because we know Klay will be forced to guard the opposing teams best guard since Stephen is a liability on defense. if they don't score another all-star in the draft i won't be surpised to see Stephen rest another season with a finger sprain
    You just contradicted yourself.

Giannis is getting 250 million offer by his team that is #1 in the league, he isn't going anywhere.

Considering Bucks put up a better fight vs Raptors than Curry did, I highly doubt he wants to play with him over Middleton.

Quote Originally Posted by Walk on Water View Post
    You just contradicted yourself.
    it seems you do not know what the word contradiction means, perhaps english is not your first language.

That's just pathetic to say the least.
    i agree with you axe

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

Teams rise, teams fall. GS fans seem to think it’s as simple as picking their Kawhi (nailing the draft this year) and they’ll be right back in it. I think they’re in for a rude awakening if they can’t handle just being a good but not great team. They’ve had 5 years to refortify their bench and center position and all they have is Paschall (and their second best pick was freakin Patrick McCaw).

Is Steph Curry going by Stephen now or is this a personal preference by OP?

hmmm...

hopefully klay comes back healthy and they can land giannis so steph doesn't have to fake another injury next season