Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default OT: Boston Bruins, who set NHL record for wins in a season, just lost in first round

Not sure if anyone here even likes hockey But I was just watching the end of Game 7 and that shit was insane. The Panthers tied it in literally the final minute of regulation, then won it in OT.

The team with the most wins in a season in every sport; '07 Pats, '01 Mariners, '16 Warriors and now the Bruins, all failed to win the title.

Default Re: OT: Boston Bruins, who set NHL record for wins in a season, just lost in first ro

People in Boston already comparing the Pats 07 loss to this loss.

IMO, the Pats is still the bigger failure. No losses until the big one and you drop it.

In hockey, the records get thrown out the window when the playoff begin.

Default Re: OT: Boston Bruins, who set NHL record for wins in a season, just lost in first ro

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450 View Post
    People in Boston already comparing the Pats 07 loss to this loss.

IMO, the Pats is still the bigger failure. No losses until the big one and you drop it.

In hockey, the records get thrown out the window when the playoff begin.
    The Pats is such a unique situation because they were literally just the 2nd undefeated team ever, the first in a 16 game season, and had they sealed the deal would've been the unanimous GOAT team. I guarantee we will never see an undefeated NFL team ever again. While admittedly extremely unlikely, I still think it's a possibility we could see someone break the Bruins record.

The Pats also came within literally one defensive play of winning it all, the Bruins couldn't even get out of the first round What's crazy is the 3 teams with the most wins in NHL history all failed to win the Stanley Cup, one of them even got swept in the first round a couple of years ago lol.

When will teams learn to not go for the wins/points record?

Good. Boston sucks.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

I remember during the '07 season some '72 Dolphins player came out of nowhere and started hating on the Pats during the season hoping they wouldn't go undefeated. He made a rap song on ESPN dissing the Pats and I remember him being interviewed after the Pats lost in the super bowl and he mentioned how he cried after the game for joy.

Wish I could find the rap he made while he was a guest on ESPN.

**** Mercury Morris. I’m lighting up a spliff when that ****er dies. **** him.

I admit I was rooting extremely hard for the Giants to beat them in the Super Bowl lol, but I would've loved to have seen him have to accept another team joining the undefeated ranks, one that won more games, won by more ppg, and would've been unanimously considered better than those Dolphins. I consider the '85 Bears the GOAT NFL team anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    I consider the '85 Bears the GOAT NFL team anyway.
    '89 49ers. They destroyed teams in the playoffs, moreso than the Bears did.

What the 49ers did to the Rams in the NFC Championship game that year is what led to the Jim Everett/Jim Rome fight.

NHL postseason thread in is the lounge.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    '89 49ers. They destroyed teams in the playoffs, moreso than the Bears did.
    I honestly consider the '84 team to be better than the '89 one. They went 15-1, their only loss coming by 3 points, had a higher MOV, and destroyed a 14-2 Dolphin team in the Super Bowl with Marino coming off his ridiculous 48 TD season. I'd put the '91 Skins ahead of the '89 49ers too.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Loston

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    I admit I was rooting extremely hard for the Giants to beat them in the Super Bowl lol, but I would've loved to have seen him have to accept another team joining the undefeated ranks, one that won more games, won by more ppg, and would've been unanimously considered better than those Dolphins. I consider the '85 Bears the GOAT NFL team anyway.
    I want to see another team go 20-0 just to watch Morris absolutely meltdown about another team going undefeated. The Pats went 18-0, the Dolphins went 17-0. We're already better than them. .....