Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Knowing nobody will ever play like him again....does Shaqs uniqueness help or hur

Shaq would be totally unguardable no matter the era....and if anything have an even greater physical advantage today. The only question I have is if the game allows him to become who we remember as Shaq. He recently said that if he were in the nba today he would be Giannis. I doubt that....but I don’t think he would be normal Shaq either. He’d be a beast no matter what.

Default Re: Knowing nobody will ever play like him again....does Shaqs uniqueness help or hur

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Shaq would be totally unguardable no matter the era....and if anything have an even greater physical advantage today. The only question I have is if the game allows him to become who we remember as Shaq. He recently said that if he were in the nba today he would be Giannis. I doubt that....but I don’t think he would be normal Shaq either. He’d be a beast no matter what.
    they say the great ones adapt to the era. could be the case.

shaq is a top 5 GOAT. he'd have even better stats if he played today. there's a chance he'd even be lean because he'd feast if he could stay mobile, and he'd definitely do a lot of running.

I have a hard time ranking him because he has the third GOAT peak after mj and lebron, but we also know that he was lazy. that has to play a role when ranking the greatest of all-time. thats why I put kareem above him even though shaq would get the best of kareem in a head-to-head matchup.

1. jordan
    2. lebron
    3. kareem
    4. shaq
    5. magic or bird

Too bad shaq never made more than one three-pointer in his whole career, with a fg% of 4.5% beyond the arc. But if he did more, he would have been a lot more versatile back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Too bad shaq never made more than one three-pointer in his whole career, with a fg% of 4.5% beyond the arc. But if he did more, he would have been a lot more versatile back then.
    Why is that bad?

Shaq was built like a wall when centers...played like centers.

We would get Orlando Shaq for more years today, which was my favorite version.

He might drop in Goat rankings because he couldn’t shoot

Shaq has a top 5 peak of all time

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

that highlight video had shaq showing a ton of skill.

constant pivoting, drop stepping, up faking, ducking, dunking, and jump hooking.

He wasnt just... lowering his shoulder into everybody with a running start and doing a layup.

Nobody does. Such claims are always hyperbole....like the people who said Shaq couldn’t do anything but dunk at the time. Which were plentiful.

Shaq had his idiot haters like everyone else.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

im sure he did but he factually had a ton of skill on top of his physical prowess.

Relative to his size he was as skilled and nimble as anyone could be. It’s only relative to the smaller guys he looked unskilled. Graded on a rational curve very few could move like Shaq. He bounced around like a small forward even when he was 320.

dwight howard trying to call himself superman was the most egregious offense I have seen in my life.

he is a homeless mans crack addict toothless parody of the real superman.

aka the black tornado

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

He makes it look like he's playing vs kids at times. Some of the clips are like me (5'6 165 pounds) playing vs 110 pound 14 year olds, utter destruction. We make a big fuss about Zion's bully ball (rightfully so), but Shaq was an amped up version X10.