Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 59

Thread: How can anyone have Kobe as GOAT?

  1. #31
    Banned SamuraiSWISH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    13,860

    Default Re: How can anyone have Kobe as GOAT?

    He's the 2nd best SG, and Top Ten ever, prob in that 6 - 10 range depending on what you value. But no one in their right mind him as GOAT. He's like at his best 85 - 90% of peak Jordan. That's no disrespect to Kobe. The utmost respect to Mamba. He earned it, and he's up there. But I personally still have guys like Magic, Bird, and possibly even LeBron above him. Not to mention Shaq, Kareem, and Russell. Hakeem and Duncan right there with him.

  2. #32
    Good college starter sbw19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,244

    Default Re: How can anyone have Kobe as GOAT?

    He may not be the greatest, but he is easily the most iconic player in the post Bulls Dynasty era. And, quite possibly, the most complete player ever.

  3. #33
    kyrie fan red1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    2016
    Posts
    22,738

    Default Re: How can anyone have Kobe as GOAT?

    he moved up my top 10 after his last few years. he was still a beast until the achilles. IMO he's in the same tier as magic bird and duncan and I have him above duncan.

  4. #34
    LeBron Stan Manny98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    In Your Head
    Posts
    12,568

    Default Re: How can anyone have Kobe as GOAT?

    Quote Originally Posted by superduper View Post
    Literally the only people who have Kobe as GOAT are his gob slobbers.
    Agreed

  5. #35
    Bucks Brigade Jasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    13,542

    Default Re: How can anyone have Kobe as GOAT?

    he's the goat cause he'll have his wife except the award at the HOF , only one if I recall/

  6. #36
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,603

    Default Re: How can anyone have Kobe as GOAT?

    Because he is the most skilled player of all time and there was nothing on the court he couldn't do something even Jordan couldnt say just a complete master of the game.

  7. #37
    I usually hit open layups
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    151

    Default Re: How can anyone have Kobe as GOAT?

    No sane person would rank Kobe as the GOAT.

    Kobe is ranked exactly where he should be, top 10.

    Anyone ranking him in the top 5 or outside top 10 are too much of a fanboy or a hater

  8. #38
    Very good NBA starter Roundball_Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,262

    Default Re: How can anyone have Kobe as GOAT?

    Few have him GOAT at a place like ISH but among fans in general Kobe is usually 2 or 3, sometimes 1. It's odd. He won 1 MVP in 20 years and was not the first option until his 7th season.

  9. #39
    ISH vigilant Mr Feeny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Jackson Hall, Wyoming
    Posts
    9,030

    Default Re: How can anyone have Kobe as GOAT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rysio View Post
    Because he is the most skilled player of all time and there was nothing on the court he couldn't do something even Jordan couldnt say just a complete master of the game.

    He couldnt average 47% for a season.
    Couldnt top 40 points in any finals game ever.

    His lack of skill is reflected in his abysmal career averages compared to any all time great, whether we look at simple stats or advanced ones.

    Couldnt pass. Couldnt rebound. Couldn't block. Couldn't play the passing lane. Couldn't perform when the stakes were high I.e. the finals.

  10. #40
    ISH vigilant Mr Feeny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Jackson Hall, Wyoming
    Posts
    9,030

    Default Re: How can anyone have Kobe as GOAT?

    Quote Originally Posted by deathawaitu View Post
    No sane person would rank Kobe as the GOAT.

    Kobe is ranked exactly where he should be, top 10.

    Anyone ranking him in the top 5 or outside top 10 are too much of a fanboy or a hater
    The vast majority of basketball fans have him in the 11-13 range.

  11. #41
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,603

    Default Re: How can anyone have Kobe as GOAT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny View Post
    He couldnt average 47% for a season.
    Couldnt top 40 points in any finals game ever.

    His lack of skill is reflected in his abysmal career averages compared to any all time great, whether we look at simple stats or advanced ones.

    Couldnt pass. Couldnt rebound. Couldn't block. Couldn't play the passing lane. Couldn't perform when the stakes were high I.e. the finals.
    He could do all those things you say he couldn't your retarded. Played the toughest defenses in the finals out of all atg by far so he got unlucky but still performed the best against the best competition every one of his championships all in the west. And lol at efficiency kobe was slightly less efficient than Jordan while being mostly a jumpshooter.

  12. #42
    ISH vigilant Mr Feeny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Jackson Hall, Wyoming
    Posts
    9,030

    Default Re: How can anyone have Kobe as GOAT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rysio View Post
    He could do all those things you say he couldn't your retarded. Played the toughest defenses in the finals out of all atg by far so he got unlucky but still performed the best against the best competition every one of his championships all in the west. And lol at efficiency kobe was slightly less efficient than Jordan while being mostly a jumpshooter.
    Then why didn't he?

  13. #43
    National High School Star Walk on Water's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    2,008

    Default Re: How can anyone have Kobe as GOAT?

    How can you say you respect him and then diss him?

  14. #44
    I usually hit open layups
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    151

    Default Re: How can anyone have Kobe as GOAT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny View Post
    The vast majority of basketball fans have him in the 11-13 range.
    If we go by that logic Lebron will be Top 20, since vast majority of basketball fans have Kobe over Lebron ( NBA.com poll, Kenneth was spamming that pic constantly)

    See? Not a good measuring method

  15. #45
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    that ghoulash joint
    Posts
    25,918

    Default Re: How can anyone have Kobe as GOAT?

    .
    Playoff Clutch Stats - last 2 min, within 5


    Lebron 06-18'... 40.4%.. 68-168

    Kobe 00-12'...... 43.2%.. 60-139

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •