Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Serious playground baller

Default Cheap NBA players

Udonis Haslem on The Dan Le Batard Show today: "LeBron and Dwyane were the cheapest players I ever played with. They haven't had to pay for anything since they were 12. When the check came they just looked around"

https://podbay.fm/podcast/934820588/e/1587567540

Can't say I am surprised at all

Default Re: Cheap NBA players

Both of them came from a very poor family unlike the OP who is still living in his parent's house.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23 View Post
    Both of them came from a very poor family.
    That has absolutely nothing to do with it. If anything, when poor folks get money they're FAR from cheap. Also, a lot of people are poor because they AREN'T cheap

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Ok

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

“I’m not turning on data roaming. I’m not buying no apps. I still got Pandora with commercials,” says James.

I guess thats the way to go about it if you dont wanna end up a broke ex athlete but....shit.

I dont know what id do with that level of money. The guy above pointing out how a lot of poor people act when they get money is true. I spent like 90 dollars getting sushi delivered day before yesterday and half of it is sitting in my fridge. We could have had 100 cheaper meals but just....wanted sushi. I need to do better about that. But im not listening to ads on spotify.

Them not paying for anything since they were 12 is literally impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    I guess thats the way to go about it if you dont wanna end up a broke ex athlete but....shit.
    I understand on being frugal. But there are levels to this. Taken from reddit

"Worked for a club in LA. Rich Paul and Maverick Carter would frequent there and Lebron would ocassionaly stop down. Last year, he came down after what would end up being his last game with Javelle, Rondo and KCP. Got to meet him briefly. When he was done he was ushered out, and I realized he hadn't paid for his 2k+ tab. Voided it off and went about the night. Fast forward to the next week and during weekly management meeting with CEO, I get laid into for a voided off tab. I explain it was Lebron and asked "Would you have liked me to run outside with the reciept?" Apparenlty it wasn't the first time, and they had Maverick Carter's card on file. So yeah, Lebron don't pay for shit."

"I used to go to Cleveland for work every few months back when LeBron was in Miami and the first year or two back in Cleveland. Every damn cab driver had a LeBron story from themselves or a friend or relative. Every single one of them was about him being a piece of shit in public. Either him not paying, treating wait staff like shit (my favorite was the one where he grabbed the waitresses arm and told her to cut his steak for him), or just being rude as **** to fans.

The dude learned from MJ though and he has a lot of PR people on reddit and elsewhere cleaning up his image. In 10 more years when people make those "what celebs have you met that are awful people" threads, it will be LeBron at the top instead of MJ."

Lebron simply is a dick with money.

Where's the reddit link?

One thing that bugs me about stories like that. Ok....you know the place will give you the food for free because of who you are. But you have hundreds of millions....that’s an unspoken arrangement between you and ownership.

You get a 2000 dollar meal for free at least leave like 500 for the staff. When you have Lebron money....leave more than that. But I mean for starters. Though I guess with a tab like that they could charge Maverick the tip.

Just seems weird. Making people cut the steak bugs me too. Well maybe if he requested it to start and they forgot(ignoring the softness of asking another person to do that for you). It just seems generally dickish.

With that kinda money and fame wouldn’t you just want to make people happy? If you’re cheap....ok...carry around game tickets you get for free. Keep the freebies from celeb bags in the car. Toss a guy who got your car in the rain a new IPhone Apple gave you for nothing. You know the shit a guy like Lebron can just ask for and be given for free? Keep all that shit in the trunk for people you happen to inconvenience through the day.

That would be the best feeling. Being able to spread the wealth and make people happy with shit that costs you nothing.

Unrelated but....girl I know has a lot of small movie roles. Says the nicest people she’s met we’re Samuel L Jackson and High Jackman. They treat the nobodies like they matter. Jackman buys giant rolls of lottery tickets and hands them out to the extras stuck in the cold for hours as they shoot some difficult scene. Sends the food from the star buffet out to the little people. Makes his staff make coffee for everyone and not just the stars.

And Sam is apparently just cool as hell. Takes selfies with 50 people before leaving, sits and talks with everyone, and generally doesn’t big time you. If you catch him on set where they won’t allow you to have your phone he will take pics with you on his phone and text it to you. Little shit like that which takes time out of his day. I’m sure he uses the jackass phone like Barkley keeps so people don’t get his real number but still. He doesn’t have to take the time.

Those are the stories I love hearing.

I don't get along with arrogant people, and stories like this piss me off.

That being said, if I understand anyone acting like this, it's Lebron. Imagine coming from nothing and becoming the best on the planet at something. So many of our "stars" are just well-connected people, have a rich benefactor, or are some kind of legacy in their field.

Lebron had none of that. If anyone has the right to be arrogant, it's the guy who came from nothing and beat everybody.

That being said, if I was that waiter (never been a waiter, never will), I'd spit in his dessert.

Quote Originally Posted by sejoon101 View Post
    Udonis Haslem on The Dan Le Batard Show today: "LeBron and Dwyane were the cheapest players I ever played with. They haven't had to pay for anything since they were 12. When the check came they just looked around"

https://podbay.fm/podcast/934820588/e/1587567540

Can't say I am surprised at all
    timestamp for the comments?

doesnt surprise me at all. its common knowledge how cheap lebald is, I didnt know dwade was a cheap fuck as well.

like other people said I'd say its excellent business acumen demanding the wi-fi or refusing to bring your phone. considering the background they both came from. much better to be cheap than to be featured on 30 for 30.

but you'd hope they're doing other things for people if they're stingy with the tips or stingy picking up the tab. disgusting cheap fucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Unrelated but....girl I know has a lot of small movie roles. Says the nicest people she’s met we’re Samuel L Jackson and High Jackman. They treat the nobodies like they matter. Jackman buys giant rolls of lottery tickets and hands them out to the extras stuck in the cold for hours as they shoot some difficult scene. Sends the food from the star buffet out to the little people. Makes his staff make coffee for everyone and not just the stars.

And Sam is apparently just cool as hell. Takes selfies with 50 people before leaving, sits and talks with everyone, and generally doesn’t big time you. If you catch him on set where they won’t allow you to have your phone he will take pics with you on his phone and text it to you. Little shit like that which takes time out of his day. I’m sure he uses the jackass phone like Barkley keeps so people don’t get his real number but still. He doesn’t have to take the time.

Those are the stories I love hearing.

thats amazing. keanu reeves is another one of those guys that everyone has good stories about.

No Tippin Pippen is GOAT stingy classless brotha of cheap NBA players by all accounts