Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    National High School Star Akeem34TheDream's Avatar

Default Re: RIP America - Those who would give up liberty for (supposed) safety deserve neith

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    What an idiotic and condescendingly privileged point of view

You think that business owners are the only ones who want society to re-open? Half of all american workers cannot afford a $400 emergency, and while the virus has ended income for millions, it has not stopped their bills from piling up. Even in states with temporary no-eviction orders, people still owe rent for this month and they will be expected to pay the full amount in a month or two or whenver these no-eviction orders are lifted. In addition to the rent piling up, these people still have to pay for food, phone/internet, insurance, cars, etc...

The people who are being hurt the most by this are not the business owners, its the millions of people who are barely able to pay their bills each month.
    Ok you are right. Everybody hurts from this situation. So tell me. Who wins? FORCES that want you to starve to death? When workers stop working everything starts to collapse. Of course its not gonna last forever.Who are you even complaining to? Do you even have a point? I dont think so. Writing poetic essays must be really fun. You really think that we should just ignore this virus, right? Why didn't anyone think of that? Countries all around the world must love shutting down. Such a great idea.

Default Re: RIP America - Those who would give up liberty for (supposed) safety deserve neith

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~ View Post
    Italy had a laid back attitude and are dealing with flooded hospitals and having more problems.
    Italy was the first country to lock down in Europe

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Italy was the first country to lock down in Europe
    Their attitude toward the threat of virus was more laid back...from reports I've read anyway

New York the city has more cases than any country in the world...and I think SOME of the reason why is that they have that same IDGAF attitude...

Quote Originally Posted by Akeem34TheDream View Post
    Ok you are right. Everybody hurts from this situation. So tell me. Who wins? FORCES that want you to starve to death? When workers stop working everything starts to collapse. Of course its not gonna last forever.Who are you even complaining to? Do you even have a point? I dont think so. Writing poetic essays must be really fun. You really think that we should just ignore this virus, right? Why didn't anyone think of that? Countries all around the world must love shutting down. Such a great idea.
    I post an argument about how people are giving up their rights out of fear of covid... and you are asking me if I have a point?

Who are you even complaining to? Do you even have a point? I dont think so.

BTW I didnt write the essay you illiterate simpleton... thats why its attributed to "unknown author".

Their attitude toward the threat of virus was more laid back...from reports I've read anyway
    Sounds like you have been reading shitty reports then. Italy was the first to lock down, and their lock down has been one of the harshest.

New York the city has more cases than any country in the world...and I think SOME of the reason why is that they have that same IDGAF attitude...
    So you think that the fact that NY has more cases than most entire countries is because of the cities "IDGAF attitude", rather the possibility that their numbers might be flawed?

No quite the opposite...open up the covid thread, I was saying it was nothing to worry about from the start and that the media was over hyping the virus.

I didn't even think it would make it to the US after Trump shut down China travel.

Now that it is here...and we have the advantage of seeing what countries are having the most success vs which countries are suffering the most, we can see the countries who took this seriously are the ones fairing best. Wuhan had a fully enforced lock down and they are now open for business. Italy had a laid back attitude and are dealing with flooded hospitals and having more problems.
    Hold up. Wuhan/China had flooded hospitals just like Italy and both also have a lockdown. It was also in China where they hid it on purpose, arresting doctors who were going public, that's much worse than a laid back attitude.

National High School Star Akeem34TheDream's Avatar

I post an argument about how people are giving up their rights out of fear of covid... and you are asking me if I have a point?

Who are you even complaining to? Do you even have a point? I dont think so.

BTW I didnt write the essay you illiterate simpleton... thats why its attributed to "unknown author".
    They limit your rights for a period of time for the greater good. That's so obvious. But you make it seem like some people do it to gain power.
    PS: I missed the unknown author part so sorry for that.

Sounds like you have been reading shitty reports then. Italy was the first to lock down, and their lock down has been one of the harshest.

So you think that the fact that NY has more cases than most entire countries is because of the cities "IDGAF attitude", rather the possibility that their numbers might be flawed?
    The NY/NJ area basically accounts for 50% of the cases in the US. I think most of that can just be attributed to NYC being a massive city with lots of travelers...but they shouldn't be THAT much more infected than other big cities. All of California only has 20k cases. My own personal theory is that a difference in attitude is a factor. I have nothing to back it up...just my theory and it could be off.

Theoretically that would be individuals who already have a lot of wealth, who either own or work at companies of such size that they won't go bankrupt.
    They can use their already accumulated private wealth to invest in the market and own company when prices are at the lowest, since they know it will come back again due to government support(taxpayer money) for their company.

Also, Democrats could potentially win the next presidental election if the crisis goes wrong and death is or appears to be everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
    Hold up. Wuhan/China had flooded hospitals just like Italy and both also have a lockdown. It was also in China where they hid it on purpose, arresting doctors who were going public, that's much worse than a laid back attitude.
    Arresting doctors and hiding things is absolutely bad...yes.

Outside of that we can see that Wuhan taken down their makeshift hospitals has lifted the lockdown...businesses are up and running their. Regardless of what their numbers are, I think evidence points to their lockdown having helped speed up their recovery.

They limit your rights for a period of time for the greater good. That's so obvious. But you make it seem like some people do it to gain power.
    PS: I missed the unknown author part so sorry for that.
    Right, just like the patriot act was temporary

TMy own personal theory is that a difference in attitude is a factor. I have nothing to back it up...just my theory and it could be off.
    I have something to back up my theory

https://nypost.com/2020/04/07/feds-c...vid-19-deaths/

The federal government is classifying the deaths of patients infected with the coronavirus as COVID-19 deaths, regardless of any underlying health issues that could have contributed to the loss of someone’s life.

Dr. Deborah Birx, the response coordinator for the White House coronavirus task force, said the federal government is continuing to count the suspected COVID-19 deaths, despite other nations doing the opposite.

“There are other countries that if you had a pre-existing condition, and let’s say the virus caused you to go to the ICU [intensive care unit] and then have a heart or kidney problem,” she said during a Tuesday news briefing at the White House. “Some countries are recording that as a heart issue or a kidney issue and not a COVID-19 death.

“The intent is … if someone dies with COVID-19, we are counting that,” she added.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Me and the homies went to the park to excercise. Beautiful 90 degree day in central Florida

The NY/NJ area basically accounts for 50% of the cases in the US. I think most of that can just be attributed to NYC being a massive city with lots of travelers...but they shouldn't be THAT much more infected than other big cities. All of California only has 20k cases. My own personal theory is that a difference in attitude is a factor. I have nothing to back it up...just my theory and it could be off.
    NY City has a population density twice that of San Francisco and four times that of Los Angeles.

According to the 2010 Census, 9 out of the 10 most densely populated cities in the US are in NY and NJ. source

Having people packed like sardines will greatly increase the rate of infection.
    Last edited by Phong; 04-10-2020 at 11:09 AM.