Default BBQ Low & Slow - Meat Smoking

So i decided to pull the trigger and start this pas weekend because my friend donated me his old crappy smoker. I have to say, this was a pretty geeky yet rewarding way to spend my Saturday evening.

I don't see myself smoking briskets anytime soon since I only cook for one (wife is vegetarian) - but angus chuck roast I did will def. have to go on repeat.

As soon as my garden gets going (I still need to update that thread) I'll have to combine the two

Default Re: Low & Slow - Meat Smoking

I used a iGrill to monitor my internal temp which was pretty awesome.

On a sidenote, we had some pretty bad winds today - I've got some chainsawing to do this weekend.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

In on this thread. Will contribute later.

I will say that I think you should put boiling water in that drip tray you have. That meat looks a bit dry. The water will help with the moisture obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
    In on this thread. Will contribute later.

I will say that I think you should put boiling water in that drip tray you have. That meat looks a bit dry. The water will help with the moisture obviously.
    I did, there is a second pot above the coals that holds fluid (Mine is rusted out - but I put a cheapo pan and filled it with apple juice - its the dip tray you see). It's the grease floating on the fluid that makes it look dry

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by rawimpact View Post
    I did, there is a second pot above the coals that holds fluid (Mine is rusted out - but I put a cheapo pan and filled it with apple juice - its the dip tray you see). It's the grease floating on the fluid that makes it look dry
    Gotcha.

I have a weber kettle and I can do indirect and direct. Love it. The 2nd brisket I cooked was amazing but had a dud after that.

Love doing reverse sear steaks, sausages and peppers, prime rib roasts, beef cheeks, pork butts etc.

Lamb shoulder is underrated as well. Need to get some pics of my instagram to show.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
    Gotcha.

I have a weber kettle and I can do indirect and direct. Love it. The 2nd brisket I cooked was amazing but had a dud after that.

Love doing reverse sear steaks, sausages and peppers, prime rib roasts, beef cheeks, pork butts etc.

Lamb shoulder is underrated as well. Need to get some pics of my instagram to show.
    Nice

The weber kettle is the gold standard... well, maybe after the weber smokey mountain
    Yeah post some pics