Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    ~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Default Re: The Logic of Quarantine Rules

Quote Originally Posted by rawimpact View Post
    Do you think businesses can remain open after 6 months of no income? I mean c'mon, how is that remotely realistic.
    not without a ton of gov aid...no

Here in Texas our Governor is already opening SOME businesses...so the 6 month scenario isn't realistic I don't think

I think the ceiling is 3 monthish...but I bet it's less than that even

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~ View Post
    TRY THIS...instead of spending your time pointing fingers and throwing blame and focusing on "harsh realities" that are completely out of your control...try and figure out if you can make some money out of this situation and focus on that. There is positive and negative in everything...always better to focus on the positive and not live in fear.
    thanks for the tip, but this would never work for me

I might be a piece of shit... but im the type of shitty that calls people idiots on message boards, not the type of shitty that is looking for ways to make extra money in a time when tens of millions of my fellow americans are suffering

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    thanks for the tip, but this would never work for me

I might be a piece of shit... but im the type of shitty that calls people idiots on message boards, not the type of shitty that looks to make extra money in a time when millions of my fellow americans are suffering like this
    Maybe if you made some extra money, you'd be better equipped to help them

Quote Originally Posted by rawimpact View Post
    Do you think businesses can remain open after 6 months of no income? I mean c'mon, how is that remotely realistic.
    Even if/when businesses can reopen, a lot of the potential customers wont have any money to spend anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    Even if/when businesses can reopen, a lot of the potential customers wont have any money to spend anyway
    Well there is no quick recovery but if they atleast have work and mortgage, utilities etc are backdated they at least have a better chance at getting back on their feet.

I would respond to OP, but it would take up too much time and energy to do it. His mind is already made up so I don't have the energy to spend 1hr typing up a long refuting post. I am just drained trying to refute the conspiracy people thinking this just a bad cold and in actuality a vast global conspiracy by governments and leaders around the world to take all power away from people or a vast plot against Trump as if the whole world revolves around America..

Let the conspiracy spooks believe what they want. Nothing is going to change their minds. Even if a vaccine comes out in a year, they will have a new conspiracy ready to go on why the vaccine is another ploy to control people's brainwaves or to track people's movements like from 1984 or something nutty. Once you go down the conspiracy rabbit hole, it is difficult to get out. One conspiracy leads to another, which leads to another.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    I would respond to OP, but it would take up too much time and energy to do it. His mind is already made up so I don't have the energy to spend 1hr typing up a long refuting post. I am just drained trying to refute the conspiracy people thinking this just a bad cold and in actuality a vast global conspiracy by governments and leaders around the world to take all power away from people or a vast plot against Trump as if the whole world revolves around America..

Let the conspiracy spooks believe what they want. Nothing is going to change their minds. Even if a vaccine comes out in a year, they will have a new conspiracy ready to go on why the vaccine is another ploy to control people's brainwaves or to track people's movements like from 1984 or something nutty. Once you go down the conspiracy rabbit hole, it is difficult to get out. One conspiracy leads to another, which leads to another.
    youre damn right my mind is made up.

in the future, perhaps it would be best if you just ignored all my posts entirely... i have been doing my best to ignore your posts for years (for the same reasons), so it seems like this could be mutually beneficial for us.

Sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post

yep it's like an addition...watching Loose Change is the gateway drug then 2 years later you're running around declaring that the Earth is flat and everyone is a lizard but you...and then you need conspiracy rehab

One thing I have pondered several times though, why are tin foil hatters almost ALWAYS male? I come across them all the time on social media...it is very rare to see a female conspiracy theorist. Somehow they are immune to this addiction. I mean I know there some out there, but I bet the ratio is like 30-1 male to female.

Maybe males are more likely to have been conspired against as young boys or something? I really want to know the underlying issue with this...

how dare you assume my gender. HOW DARE YOU

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

these guys always extrapolate shit to stupid lengths when a fairly reasonable proposal is offered...

like our media and government using a crisis to their advantage and (measurably) overestimating and overreacting.

lizard people this tin foil that yada yada... this technique is what's known as a "strawman", constructing ridiculous arguments to attack instead of the one presented.

it's like a 5th grade debate tactic one step ahead of calling us poop heads.

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

1. millions of americans losing their jobs, businesses, way of life, future, liberties, etc is not a conspiracy

2. shutting down parks, golf courses, gyms, bike shops, farmers markets, etc is not a conspiracy

3. gov't paying people w/ your tax dollars to snitch, stimulus checks for illegal immigrants, bailouts for big corporations, expansion of gov't bureaucracy/power, congress giving money to themselves, etc. is not a conspiracy

4. WHO/gov't screwing up masks, testing, travel, etc is not a conspiracy

5. acting on expert predictions of millions of deaths from the virus, learning they were way off, and then enforcing stricter measures is not a conspiracy

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    these guys always extrapolate shit to stupid lengths when a fairly reasonable proposal is offered...

like our media and government using a crisis to their advantage and (measurably) overestimating and overreacting.

lizard people this tin foil that yada yada... this technique is what's known as a "strawman", constructing ridiculous arguments to attack instead of the one presented.

it's like a 5th grade debate tactic one step ahead of calling us poop heads.
    Me somewhere during end of-February: Covid-19 is not a joke. That stuff is extremely contagious and will swamp our hospitals, doctors, nurses and our economy will plummet. People are dying, let's forget about economy for now. We need physical distancing and do a lock down to limit spread and give us time. We need to ramp up testing.

Tpols in end of-February: No, it's just a bad cold. We are fine. Nothing is wrong. Nobody has died. It's a government conspiracy to scare you and media trying to cause chaos. Numbers are inflated and fake. Government clearly trying to take away power. Just a bad cold that impacts only old and sick people. BILL GATES IS IN ON IT. IT MIGHT BE A LAB-MADE BIOWEAPON BY CHINESE.

Keep trying to change the narrative, Dr Tpols
    Last edited by bladefd; 04-16-2020 at 04:38 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~ View Post
    yep it's like an addition...watching Loose Change is the gateway drug then 2 years later you're running around declaring that the Earth is flat and everyone is a lizard but you...and then you need conspiracy rehab

One thing I have pondered several times though, why are tin foil hatters almost ALWAYS male? I come across them all the time on social media...it is very rare to see a female conspiracy theorist. Somehow they are immune to this addiction. I mean I know there some out there, but I bet the ratio is like 30-1 male to female.

Maybe males are more likely to have been conspired against as young boys or something? I really want to know the underlying issue with this...
    Questioning narratives and experts is not the same thing as being a conspiracy theorist.

Manny is probably in the conspiracy theory territory. Zenmaster, Long Duck Dong, Nanners, tpols are not in that category. They are questioning the numberse, the narrative, the experts etc. Some of the results are suspicious and the public is right to ask. It's not spreading misinformation. It's called not being an obedient sheep.

The government overreaching and issuing arbitrary social distancing fines is a serious concern. And it's a serious concern whether or not the government will pull back once this all subsides.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
    Questioning narratives and experts is not the same thing as being a conspiracy theorist.

Manny is probably in the conspiracy theory territory. Zenmaster, Long Duck Dong, Nanners, tpols are not in that category. They are questioning the numberse, the narrative, the experts etc. Some of the results are suspicious and the public is right to ask. It's not spreading misinformation. It's called not being an obedient sheep.

The government overreaching and issuing arbitrary social distancing fines is a serious concern. And it's a serious concern whether or not the government will pull back once this all subsides.
    okay, I didn't say anything about any poster...I was wondering why the conspiracy crowd is male dominated