Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Shows that Started Great but Ended Terribly

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
    Been trying to think, but I didn't really think Mad Men or Silicon Valley ended particularly bad. Mad Men is one of my all time favorites overall.
    Same, Mad Men is one of the greatest shows ever. It never loses quality.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
    Been trying to think, but I didn't really think Mad Men or Silicon Valley ended particularly bad. Mad Men is one of my all time favorites overall.
    I just felt the whole advertising business storyline became mehhhh after a while. I guess they ended it the best way they could. I can't exactly think of an alternative ending.

Silicon Valley I felt they could have done a better ending. The whole "AI IS GOING TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD" was kind of funny but mehhhh... It was a short rushed season with the budget they were working with. I wasn't exactly thrilled about it

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    Suits, Mad Men, Heroes, Silicon valley, The man in the high castle, Smallville

Already mentioned: GOT, Lost, Dexter, Prison break
    Good call. First few seasons were great but it got putrid after. It got unwatchable for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    I just felt the whole advertising business storyline became mehhhh after a while. I guess they ended it the best way they could. I can't exactly think of an alternative ending.

Silicon Valley I felt they could have done a better ending. The whole "AI IS GOING TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD" was kind of funny but mehhhh... It was a short rushed season with the budget they were working with. I wasn't exactly thrilled about it
    The ending was terrible. I was a huge Silicone Valley fan too.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    The ending was terrible. I was a huge Silicone Valley fan too.
    I think that was the point, they never really found the success and always managed to fu*k things up..

Suits blah, think I liked the first/ second season then couldn't handle it anymore was trash. Liked the original concept but it kind of moved away from that.

I'll add walking dead to the list. Everyone used to love that show then it just fell off. Fear the walking dead was the same then it just fell off and they basically did a recast

Quote Originally Posted by coin24 View Post
    I think that was the point, they never really found the success and always managed to fu*k things up..

Suits blah, think I liked the first/ second season then couldn't handle it anymore was trash. Liked the original concept but it kind of moved away from that.

I'll add walking dead to the list. Everyone used to love that show then it just fell off. Fear the walking dead was the same then it just fell off and they basically did a recast
    yeah but the writers got lazy. especially after erich bachman left, everything went to sh1t. couple funny scenes here and there...last season was just bad writing tho.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    yeah but the writers got lazy. especially after erich bachman left, everything went to sh1t. couple funny scenes here and there...last season was just bad writing tho.
    Oh yeah the show spiralled after Bachman left, he was the glue that made everything work

The better thread would be which TV series DIDN'T end ****ing terribly? Ozark hasn't ended yet but it's still doing quite well through 3 seasons imo. Seinfeld did ok on the way out the door.

As far as the topic goes:

24 - lmao no commentary needed.

The Sopranos - yeah, I know. Tony's dead and Chase's belief is that consciousness just ceases and that we are in Tony's POV and the show is over. Some loved it, I hated it. I knew what happened immediately. It sucked.

The Office - absolutely ****ing tanked. Season 2 and 3 were gold and it just started going downhill after that. Last season was beyond awful.

Breaking Bad - left me wanting more. Great ride though.

Lost - well it's clear the writers were lost.

The Walking Dead - great concept, great first season, maybe even great first two but it basically went to shit pretty quickly after that and just became a cash cow with no where for the story to actually go except into the trash.

House of Cards - started going to shit after like the first two seasons TBH and with Spacey getting ousted the last season was REALLY awful.

Dexter - I wanted him to get away with it and end up happy with Hannah. That left me disappointed that he just kinda ends in isolation from his previous life. Sure, he's a psychopathic killer... but he never harmed anyone even remotely close to innocent. You can call that rationalizing, and it is... but he didn't.

Nip Tuck - first season with the Ice Truck killer was amazing... promptly fell off to shit after that.

Stranger Things - good first season, fell off immediately after.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Prison break

Quote Originally Posted by Duderonomy View Post
    Nip Tuck
    Lost
    Prison Break although it was still watchable the last couple seasons.
    Prison Break was due to the writers strike. They couldn't help it

I'm into Westworld right now but the longer I watch the more disconnected I get.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post
    Nip Tuck - first season with the Ice Truck killer was amazing... promptly fell off to shit after that.
    Haha, Ice Truck Killer was Dexter, I was tired, sue me... Dexter was decent throughout but the ending sucked and the other seasons did fall off terribly compared to ITT.

Nip Tuck was doing well with "The Carver" and prior but somewhere along the way just tanked off a cliff also.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Wayward Pines is another one. Great first season. Season 2 was a joke and the show was subsequently cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    Wayward Pines is another one. Great first season. Season 2 was a joke and the show was subsequently cancelled.
    Ditto that. Plus a pretty crappy reveal. Next season killing all the mains tanked the show