Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: If governments can allegedly print infinite money / "inject liquidity" then why..

Lol.

Do you really think that will work?

How old are you?

If you print money, there is more money around in the economic system... if everyone has more money, everything will proportionally lose the value of that added money.

I dont really know the right English terms here but, obviously just printing paper isnt a sustainable method of having everyone achieve wealth.

But this is stuff I wondered when I was 16 also, tbh.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: If governments can allegedly print infinite money / "inject liquidity" then why..

The... original... post... was... sarcasm.

The... questions... were... rhetorical.

It... was... a... statement... on... our... current... economic... policy.

Note... the... last... sentence... in... the... OP.

Thank you!

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

HyPEr InFlAtION

.. doesnt even know what inflation is or what would cause it.

Quote Originally Posted by John Connor View Post
    The... original... post... was... sarcasm.

The... questions... were... rhetorical.

It... was... a... statement... on... our... current... economic... policy.

Note... the... last... sentence... in... the... OP.

Thank you!
    You made a nonsensical post predicated on ignorance and lack of basic economic understanding.

You compared the fed intervening in a time of crisis to giving everyone a million dollars, actually thinking you were proving anything other than your complete lack of understanding of the subject.

Very very sad.

Ok.

I see you've done some research and now realize how stupid your views were. You now want this thread to disappear.

Glad I could help.

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    I see you've done some research and now realize how stupid your views were. You now want this thread to disappear.

Glad I could help.
    Ok. Whatever you say boss!

Wow, just WOW!!! This may be the winner for the most naivest post ever made on any forum/message-board in the history of the internet. I hope the OP realizes by doing something like this you would effectively make all money worthless.

Good college starter

I cannot believe it. AlternativeAcc. actually seems to know his s*** on this matter. A troll but not in this case.

National High School Star

Coronavirus has destroyed the myth of the deficit

Lol, it’s unbelievable what people are writing these days. The article above is an example of the lunacy that I didn’t think was possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Wow, just WOW!!! This may be the winner for the most naivest post ever made on any forum/message-board in the history of the internet. I hope the OP realizes by doing something like this you would effectively make all money worthless.
    Even after it is thoroughly explained... well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephonit View Post
    I cannot believe it. AlternativeAcc. actually seems to know his s*** on this matter. A troll but not in this case.
    He has the same monetary policy as the fed. He thinks what they're doing is correct because of the short term benefit. He's actually worse than the average person because the average person doesn't know anything. He's actually looked and read and still thinks that his viewpoint is the correct one.

Quote Originally Posted by falc39 View Post

Lol, it’s unbelievable what people are writing these days. The article above is an example of the lunacy that I didn’t think was possible.
    If you don't believe it, reference that gentlemen AlternativeAcc's posts... he's basically that guy.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by falc39 View Post

New Zealand Finance Minister has at least been honest here and said the debt/stimulus has to be paid for over the coming years by cutting spending or implementing new taxes.

This is why this "deficits don't matter" MMT nonsense is wrong as it can only work for the US.

The government borrows money (public debt) and pays it to people. And to pay it back to the people, they put a gun to the head and tell them to give them money. It's ridiculous and nonsensical.

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKQXG6HAszg

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie View Post
    problem is, the more money they print, the less it's worth. Inflation will go crazy. 100k will be like having 10k. How you going to live off that?

Also,if no one worked.. Where will we get our food from? No one's working to produce them. There won't be any products being produced. Nothing for us to buy. You want us all to go back to times where there was no commerce?

I guess when ai comes along, they'll be doing all the jobs for us.. But until then, there will be no benefits for everyone to sit at home and not work.
    this is why