Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up 2 years ago, Santa Monica Studios released the greatest video game ever made

you already know

one of the hardest and most satisfying boss battles of all time

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: 2 years ago, Santa Monica Studios released the greatest video game ever made

I recently downloaded it on my PS4 for 20 dollars. It's ok, but I just can't get into it. I'm sure it's great, but I'm more of a rockstar games sort of guy.

Default Re: 2 years ago, Santa Monica Studios released the greatest video game ever made

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    I recently downloaded it on my PS4 for 20 dollars. It's ok, but I just can't get into it. I'm sure it's great, but I'm more of a rockstar games sort of guy.
    Games are all subjective. Even rock paper scissors or checkers

I'm picky af finding ones I actually truly enjoy and I try to give even small indie games a shot. Literally hundreds in my PS4 library and most haven't been played yet.

What I have learned most overtime is you have to have the right state of mind to really enjoy games. Can't force myself to try and like something based off popularity and reviews. If i'm dozing off within 2 hours trying some new release i'm scrapping it immediately. Months later i'll redownload, try it again and get totally immersed for 72 hours.

I'm the same way with movies and TV too. If i'm on edge or tired I can't appreciate things

God of War is a great, great game. Definitely in the upper echelon. But for me personally the best video game I've ever played is Red Dead Redemption II. It's just a whole different experience. It's the only game I've ever played where instead of running everywhere getting things, missions, etc done. I would walk. Just simply walk and enjoy how beautiful the game looks. It's kind of like when you first played GTA III on PS2, where you could free roam, but with this you just soak it all in.

And this whole time as your doing the story Rockstar suckers you into Arthur Morgan's character and makes you feel attached to him. Then when he finally died, I cried like a baby. The transition to Arthur saving John's life was fitting. The only thing that stands out is in Red Dead one John never mentioned Arthur one time.

sekiro says hello.

Persona 5 Royal isn't that old

Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth View Post
    You finna cop FF7 remake?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Read Dead Redemption 2 is pretty good. The game looks really nice and it’s fun but it’s almost too long though and pretty repetitive. Only got a little half way through before losing interest. I would say Metal Gear Solid 5 is the best game. It can be somewhat repetitive too but it has the best game play. Especially compared to Red Dead Redemption. I’ve never played god of war but it looks like one of those button mash games that aren’t very fun.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    Read Dead Redemption 2 is pretty good. The game looks really nice and it’s fun but it’s almost too long though and pretty repetitive. Only got a little half way through before losing interest. I would say Metal Gear Solid 5 is the best game. It can be somewhat repetitive too but it has the best game play. Especially compared to Red Dead Redemption. I’ve never played god of war but it looks like one of those button mash games that aren’t very fun.
    I always knew you were a incel gamer

Welcome to the club

oh, they released Tetris? graand.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth View Post
    I need to get this at some point.

Witcher 3 is up there guys, Bloodborne too

Capcom & Nintendo make the best games of all time tho.

Great college starter

With the quarantine I intend to play a lot of games I didn’t have time for over the years

Recently finished AC Odyssey which was long as **** but satisfying. Last AC game I played was the original and I didn’t like the gameplay but Odyssey felt nothing like what I expected an AC game to be. It was basically like playing as Leonidas (who actually is relevant to the story) and doing whatever you want in Ancient Greece. Fighting legends like Hercules, going to the underworld and defeating Hades, fighting Medusa, Hanging out with Socrates etc. Really cool game

I intend to try Red Dead 2 as well. Currently playing Fallout 4.

Couple more games I bought are Mass Effext Andromeda, Star Wars Fallen Order, Greedfall, Outer Worlds, Witcher series and Resident Evil 3

I get 2K games free since a friend of mine is an EP at 2K studios. Never played Borderlands but I do have Borderlands 3 so might try that as well if the lockdown goes on for a while

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LostCause View Post
    With the quarantine I intend to play a lot of games I didn’t have time for over the years

Recently finished AC Odyssey which was long as **** but satisfying. Last AC game I played was the original and I didn’t like the gameplay but Odyssey felt nothing like what I expected an AC game to be. It was basically like playing as Leonidas (who actually is relevant to the story) and doing whatever you want in Ancient Greece. Fighting legends like Hercules, going to the underworld and defeating Hades, fighting Medusa, Hanging out with Socrates etc. Really cool game

I intend to try Red Dead 2 as well. Currently playing Fallout 4.

Couple more games I bought are Mass Effext Andromeda, Star Wars Fallen Order, Greedfall, Outer Worlds, Witcher series and Resident Evil 3

I get 2K games free since a friend of mine is an EP at 2K studios. Never played Borderlands but I do have Borderlands 3 so might try that as well if the lockdown goes on for a while
    Fallout 4's a GOAT game. If you can get the power armor with the jetback mod from doing brotherhood of steel questline, it changes the game. Being able to fly in slow motion from rooftop to rooftop in an apocalypse colonial Boston with a rocket launcher and big green radioactive warhammer was some of the most fun ive had video gaming.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Ghost of Tsushima looks like the samurai version of Red Dead 2

can't wait for this one...looks absolutely beautiful