Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast
    2020 Insidehoops MVP Stanley Kobrick's Avatar

Default "The whole world knows Stephen Curry can't play f--king defense" - Mav Carter

Interview with Draymond Green

"There's no way to validate this but it's definitely probably true -- he (Michael Jordan) did his job at a level better than anybody else in the world has ever done their job. But the truth is -- even that guy needs his other people, and most importantly that second person.

"If I'm the best at doing my thing, I need the other people to clear the way so I can do my thing. So Scottie (Pippen) took care of everything else. They brought up those stats. Scottie was second in rebounds, second in points, first in steals, blah blah blah.

"It's just like the Warriors -- the world knows Steph (Curry) can't f--king play defense. I'm 38 -- haven't played a decent game of basketball in 18 years -- Steph would have trouble guarding me.

"And he's actually really good off the ball on defense -- he's a good steal artist. But he needs Klay (Thompson) and Draymond to kind of cover everything else so he can do his thing."

Kind of kicking a dead horse as most already know Stephen Curry is a poor 1-on-1 defender. He reaches too often and picks up unnecessary fouls going for steals (2016 gm 6 throwing mouthpiece). Generally Warriors have Klay be the primary defender against elite scoring guards, and opposing teams try to target Stephen on defense in switches (Kyrie's final shot 2017 gm 7).

Very interesting nonetheless to see Draymond Green reluctant to disagree

2020 Insidehoops MVP Stanley Kobrick's Avatar

Default Re: "The whole world knows Stephen Curry can't play f--king defense" - Mav Carter

fascinating interview

Default Re: "The whole world knows Stephen Curry can't play f--king defense" - Mav Carter

The only superstar since Steve Nash to get substituted out of a game for being a defensive liability

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy View Post
    The only superstar since Steve Nash to get substituted out of a game for being a defensive liability

to be fair, if I was Kerr I would have sat Curry for the entire game Xmas game

in all fairness

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy View Post

Poor guy

Is thie finally an iconic moment for CUrry in the play offs?

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn View Post
    Poor guy

Is thie finally an iconic moment for CUrry in the play offs?
    Which playoffs took place on Christmas babyboi?

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG View Post
    Which playoffs took place on Christmas babyboi?
    playoff atmosphere avenge game after blowing 3-1 lead months earlier

literally cried in the post game interview about Kerr subbing him out

healthy Curry shits the bed again under the limelight

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

imagine having a 1-3 head to head finals record against a no defense playing jump shooter

YIKES not a good look for bran

Local High School Star Monta Ellis MVP's Avatar

I agree. This is why I was so mad when LeBron passed to George Hill in the biggest shot of our lives when he was being guarded by Steph Curry. I don’t know why he was scared.

Paging Stephonit. Maybe you can explain about this.

Oh boy...

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Paging Stephonit. Maybe you can explain about this.
    James Harden and LeBron James got to switch and iso on Curry as they pleased during multiple playoffs series. They still lost. I guess they suck at offense.

Not everybody can be as good at defense on LeBron as J.J. Barea but here's a Steph Curry imitation:

It's just like the Warriors -- the world knows Steph (Curry) can't f--king play defense.
    Then again maybe the world of lemmings out there just don't have a clue when it comes to Stephen Curry.
    Last edited by Stephonit; 04-24-2020 at 08:28 PM.

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist View Post
    >says he's so secure to never respond to haters
    >literally makes video responding to haters

Klay guards Irving
    Klay guards Dame
    Klay guards Westbrook
    Klay guards Harden

Irving guards Curry
    Dame guards Curry
    Westbrook guards Curry
    Harden guards Curry

Curry guards JR in the corner
    Curry guards Crabbe in the corner
    Curry guards Roberson in the corner
    Curry guards Austin Rivers in the corner

Makes sense why he'd fake an injury the first week into the season without Klay around all year. Having to actually exert effort on defense takes fatigue on your offense. To no surprise Warriors are 1-5 this year without Klay there to pick up Curry's man