Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Good college starter

Default Re: "The whole world knows Stephen Curry can't play f--king defense" - Mav Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Kobrick View Post
    i'm actually quite surprised Kerr even kept Stephen in on defense during the final possessions. usually he subs him out for being a defensive liability, as we saw on christmas that year
    As I've stated elsewhere Kerr is overrated. It seems he learned something.

Default Re: "The whole world knows Stephen Curry can't play f--king defense" - Mav Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Stephonit View Post
    As I've stated elsewhere Kerr is overrated. It seems he learned something.
    Does that actually debunk what he tried to point out there?

I don't mind Soundwave but that was a poor take.lol

2020 Insidehoops MVP Stanley Kobrick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nayte View Post
    I don't mind Soundwave but that was a poor take.lol
    i must have missed his take. but then again i am very forgetful

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy View Post
    The only superstar since Steve Nash to get substituted out of a game for being a defensive liability

pop sat duncan on rays shot to max out his 3 pt defense.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    pop sat duncan on rays shot to max out his 3 pt defense.
    steph curry's defense being compared to a 37yo 7 footer, whew boy. dat umvp dingo on da bench doe

wasn't the only time Kerr benched Curry in crunch time, did it in finals as well

uh... tim duncan lmao. he dominated that series. and he was sat in the Finals on one of the biggest defensive possesions in spurs history.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    uh... tim duncan lmao. he dominated that series. and he was sat in the Finals on one of the biggest defensive possesions in spurs history.
    steph curry's defense being compared to a 37yo 7 footer, whew boy. dat umvp dingo on da bench doe

wasn't the only time Kerr benched Curry in crunch time, did it in finals as well

kyrie wishes he faced curry every round of the playoffs.

his career average would be 30 ppg.

Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    kyrie wishes he faced curry every round of the playoffs.

his career average would be 30 ppg.
    I agree with you Red1

it would be wise for stephen curry to sit out until klays return so that he can let klay guard his man so stephen curry only has to worry about offense and shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Stephonit View Post
    lmao...

now we know why he wasnt looking to score on the final play in game 1 of 2018 Finals.

Local High School Star Monta Ellis MVP's Avatar

What team did Mav Carter play for? I don’t think I have heard of him.

Stopped reading right here "he (Michael Jordan) did his job at a level better than anybody else in the world has ever done their job."

Obviously this guy is a retard

Decent playground baller

I think 1 on 1 defense is a bit overrated in the nba. I have seen guys hustle their ass off only to get shot after shot buried in their face. You are not going to stop a great player, so it almost doesn't matter if you put a good defender on them or not. IN my lifetime i think i can recall only two times where 1 on 1 defense really came into play as a factor for why a team won. 1. Ben wallace against shaq in 2004. Up until that point it was dogma that you had to double shaq, which left brian shaw, and horry to knock down open 3's. Then Ben Wallace came along and was actually guarding him 1 on 1 and winning half the time. It was shocking. The other time would be iggy on Lebron. Iggy got away with a lot of stuff , but there is not doubt that he single handedly impacted that series greater than anyone could've ever imagined. Great effort on his part.