Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Question What do you think they'll find on Oak Island?

They've been digging holes and excavating this place for over a hundred years and still.....nothing. A few coins and amulets and lots and lots of wood.

What do you think is at the bottom in the so-called "Money Pit"?? Spanish treasure chest? Ark of the Covenant? Jimmy Hoffa?

Local High School Star Monta Ellis MVP's Avatar

Default Re: What do you think they'll find on Oak Island?

The island looks like a pair of titties.

I watched a doc on this years ago

They've been excavating the shit out of this island since the 60's and even built a railway connecting the island to bring in heavy machinery 50 years ago (that little strip of land top of picture)

Treasure hunters have been digging it up since 1850's. Wild stories but still little found

They will find nothing. It's just a wild goose chase. I haven't watched that History Channel documentary show in couple years because it was getting ridiculous. They were getting desperate to find something, anything. Waste of time and resources

Lmao

Let me echo everyone else on this. Last time I saw a doc about this I was a minor (over a decade) and they still haven't found shit.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    They will find nothing. It's just a wild goose chase. I haven't watched that History Channel documentary show in couple years because it was getting ridiculous. They were getting desperate to find something, anything. Waste of time and resources
    That's most modern day treasure and shipwreck hunters are multi millionaires/billionaires bored of life that looked to it as a lifetime hobby.

They have the residual income to for deep sea expeditions

MS co-founder Paul Allen found multiple WW2 battleships, USS Indianapolis and USS Lexington.

Its like Diablo. When one little thing drops, you keep playing for another 50 hours

It's almost an impossibility for the water level to have been this high back in the 14th century if the Templars did indeed hide the Ark of the Covenant there.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    It's almost an impossibility for the water level to have been this high back in the 14th century if the Templars did indeed hide the Ark of the Covenant there.
    Sea levels have not changed much over the past 500yrs.

I doubt there is anything such as ark of Covenant. Even if there was, it would just be crumbled dust. Ten commandments was just carved on some stones by some wise man named Moses who realized the only way people would listen to some ethics is if it was written on a slab of stone he said was from God. Moses must have been quite a seller to convince people to take his word.

It's the same story that can be traced to other older religions and newer religions. Krishna with Hinduism, Buddha with Buddhism, Moses with Judaism, Jesus with Christianity, Muhammad with Islam. I'm not sure about Greek religions or Egyptians or far East in ancient China, but I bet they have their own similar story. Stories that spread across the bazaars and world through traders traveling in caravans with only their wares and stories.

We (including our past ancestors) love to tell stories but somewhere along the line we forget (or intentionally throw under the rug) the part we exaggerated and the part we got from someone else and the part that we added to embellish the story further. But it's humans. We love a good story, and we believe what we are told. Like if Billy Bob and came to you today about "A talking snake" Yea, you laugh and push him aside. Now if he says "I was talking about a talking snake 3,000yrs ago" and we suddenly take him serious That's us humans in a nutshell

LEAVE NATURE ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(seriously.)

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    Sea levels have not changed much over the past 500yrs.

I doubt there is anything such as ark of Covenant. Even if there was, it would just be crumbled dust. Ten commandments was just carved on some stones by some wise man named Moses who realized the only way people would listen to some ethics is if it was written on a slab of stone he said was from God. Moses must have been quite a seller to convince people to take his word.

It's the same story that can be traced to other older religions and newer religions. Krishna with Hinduism, Buddha with Buddhism, Moses with Judaism, Jesus with Christianity, Muhammad with Islam. I'm not sure about Greek religions or Egyptians or far East in ancient China, but I bet they have their own similar story. Stories that spread across the bazaars and world through traders traveling in caravans with only their wares and stories.

We (including our past ancestors) love to tell stories but somewhere along the line we forget (or intentionally throw under the rug) the part we exaggerated and the part we got from someone else and the part that we added to embellish the story further. But it's humans. We love a good story, and we believe what we are told. Like if Billy Bob and came to you today about "A talking snake" Yea, you laugh and push him aside. Now if he says "I was talking about a talking snake 3,000yrs ago" and we suddenly take him serious That's us humans in a nutshell
    Thanks for your inputs. But these "stories" are truths to most people. So I appreciate your opinion on the matter, but to dismiss certain things as just "stories" is lazy.