Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Can anyone post where Trump said to ingest Lysol?

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid View Post
    Which is why everyone look so stupid on the internet. Misappropriating what someone says is dangerous

The whole nonsense liberal blow up brought up the question of whether it was ever used or tested for reducing viral load and look what I found:
    Source:

https://aem.asm.org/content/aem/55/12/3113.full.pdf

The study reports that in vivo testing of viruses is not well studied. Obviously there are a lot of blow up regarding the efficacy of disinfectants in vivo, but questioning its effectiveness is not wrong... as seen above there have only been a minimal amount of studies done unfortunately.

In a separate set of experiments using three volunteers,four hand-washing agents and tap water alone were compared for their abilities to remove the rotavirus and E. colifrom experimentally contaminated finger pads (Table 3). Thedifferences in the mean percent removals for the virus andthe bacterium were not statistically significant for the alcohols, the alcoholic solution of Savlon, the soap, or the tapwater alone. However, there was a statistically significantdifference (P = <0.0001) between the mean percent removals of E. coli (98.9%) and the rotavirus (80.6%)
    So washing hands with alcohol was more effective (99.9%) in comparison to in vivo at the fingers edge (80.6%) (finger pad)...

Point of all this is that what trump brought up is not completely asinine, it is a hypothesis that was once thought of and researched. I don't know any IRB that would be willing to allow alcohol vapors to be inhaled unless it was end-stage. Now alcohol is a bit different in terms of its effects on the body and the it being a blood thinner -- but there are other disinfectants out there that may be better suited.

With the 5 or 6billion dollar budget, this is exactly what the CDC should be doing...
    Last edited by rawimpact; 04-27-2020 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rawimpact View Post
    Oh really? Disinfectants are not used inside the body? I better get everyone at every hospital to stop their IVs.

There are many forms of disinfectants, some in vitro some in vivo. You are wrong
    Which disinfectants exactly are used intravenous?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
    There is nothing he can do or say that the remaining Trump loyalists will not defend.

The whole nonsense liberal blow up brought up the question of whether it was ever used or tested for reducing viral load and look what I found:
    Source:

The study reports that in vivo testing of viruses is not well studied. Obviously there are a lot of blow up regarding the efficacy of disinfectants in vivo, but questioning its effectiveness is not wrong... as seen above there have only been a minimal amount of studies done unfortunately.

So washing hands with alcohol was more effective (99.9%) in comparison to in vivo at the fingers edge (80.6%) (finger pad)...

Point of all this is that what trump brought up is not completely asinine, it is a hypothesis that was once thought of and researched. I don't know any IRB that would be willing to allow alcohol vapors to be inhaled unless it was end-stage. Now alcohol is a bit different in terms of its effects on the body and the it being a blood thinner -- but there are other disinfectants out there that may be better suited.

With the 5 or 6billion dollar budget, this is exactly what the CDC should be doing...
    Using alcohol or other fat dissolving agents on surfaces is totally different from inhaling it or any other intake - some agents even get absorbe by skin. Of course a virus, which is protected by a lipid layer will get destroyed by the afforementioned fat dissolving agent. These agents are pretty toxic for humans.

Inhaling low levels of ethanol fumes will do nothing on the virus. High levels will get you acohol poisoning and might still not kill the virus anyway.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

these kind

Quote Originally Posted by Levity View Post
    Trump followed up a presentation of this with discussion about the possible merits of injecting disinfectant into the body to clear the lungs... suggesting that his medical experts should look into it.

I'm glad to see that people are back to defending this foolishness. He didn't know what he was talking about and subsequently tried to save face by saying he was being sarcastic, but somehow his supporters are still looking for ways to defend him.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    There is nothing he can do or say that the remaining Trump loyalists will not defend.
    What's worse is there is nothing he can do or say that the mass Trump haters will contort and blow out of proportion?

I literally asked where Trump said to use Lysol and look how easy it is to take that out of context

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

You realize he didn’t even deny saying it and claimed instead he was being sarcastic right?

thought we were done talking about this, but here's a whole new thread on it.

Oh really? Disinfectants are not used inside the body? I better get everyone at every hospital to stop their IVs.

There are many forms of disinfectants, some in vitro some in vivo. You are wrong
    "Disinfectants are chemical agents designed to inactivate or destroy microorganisms on inert surfaces."

Do you want me to define inert? Medicine is NOT a disinfectant. Antibiotics are NOT disinfectants. Figure out what a disinfectant is before you come in defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid View Post
    When my son was in the hospital for skin treatment he was asked to bathe with a cap full of bleach in his bath water. It cured him. You have to look at the specific treatment before bastardizing the whole statement
    You can use certain disinfectants on the skin but cannot inject them into your damn organs to clean them

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz View Post
    thought we were done talking about this, but here's a whole new thread on it.
    It's a little confusing, no? Trump made his foolish comments. He was criticized. Some supporters rushed to defend him and his comments. Trump eventually said that he was actually being sarcastic. Detractors laughed and said "nice try." His supporters rushed to claim that he was indeed being sarcastic and had triggered his haters. That should have been the end of it, but somehow we're back to people defending the original comments.

Source:

No, Trump talked about injecting disinfectants intravenously into your lungs to kill/clear out the viruses.

Using alcohol or other fat dissolving agents on surfaces is totally different from inhaling it or any other intake - some agents even get absorbe by skin. Of course a virus, which is protected by a lipid layer will get destroyed by the afforementioned fat dissolving agent. These agents are pretty toxic for humans.

Inhaling low levels of ethanol fumes will do nothing on the virus. High levels will get you acohol poisoning and might still not kill the virus anyway.
    Who's saying anything about inhaling alcohol?

Yes dissolving agents are harmful to the dermis which it too has a lipid layer, what's your point?

and while we're at it, gas is flammable

and oxygen is needed to survive

as is water

and inhaling alcohol can result in alcohol poisoning

oh wait, you said that one.

Why would anyone feel the need to constantly defend someone who constantly makes completely ridiculous and ignorant statements? Has high school bully traits? Been a sly weasel his whole life?

The loud mouthed right wingers on here look like absolute fools on a daily basis. Extremely low intelligence levels. I can't believe Max and co are actually so patient with them. It's a shame people from the right, who ARE actually quite smart and not complete assholes, don't call out all these kind of guys who give their whole ideology a bad name.

They are just so stupid and predictable. Absolutely gullible fools.