Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415 LastLast

Default Re: Most underrated movies ever

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

FINALLY saw Rise of the Skywalker...I was putting it off after dull reviews...51% on RT

it's definitely underrated...it's the best of the new trilogy...Emperor Palpatine is a badass, great villain...love that they brought him back

spoilers:

The movie does have it's flaws...chewy is dead oh no!...SIKE ...C3PO's memory is wiped oh no!...SIKE!

But I really like the back story of Rey being a Palpatine, didn't see that coming TBH, and I love that Han came back to have a father-son moment...the main plot and story I think was well thought out and well executed. The overall tone of the movie is dark and much more gritty than the previous 2, IMO this is the best of the new trilogy and I really don't understand the hatred for it...I suppose they could have made efforts to make it more complex, but IMO that just would have made it more messy, it's better when they just get straight to the point IMO.

I mean... the Star Wars movies are better than nothing, it's still entertainment to me, they aren't great but they aren't bad, they don't ruin my childhood memories like they do for some people. They are about on the same level as the prequels maybe a little better. I actually liked Force Awakens when watching it in theaters. I do think Rise of Skywalker did some good things with the story, but the execution just wasn't right. Left the theater overall disappointed but still thought it provided some entertainment value. Matrix 3 was an extremely disappointing movie when leaving the theaters, but over time it grew on me a bit... watched it a few more times, and it's actually not that bad if you can just focus on the story. Rise of Skywaler is about on same level as Matrix 3, closure on a good story but not executed the way you'd want.

Really interested in what they do with the Matrix 4 storyline.

Feels like they will be focusing on rescuing children from the Matrix, which could be interesting.

I still haven't seen Episode IX because how utter garbage VIII was. Awful film.

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    I still haven't seen Episode IX because how utter garbage VIII was. Awful film.
    Same

This movie came out in 2018 in theaters and absolutely blew my mind. There's a big twist in this movie that you don't see coming. It has good reviews rightfully so, but I don't hear it get talked about enough.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
    much improved updated version:

might find it strange considering they're famous and often highly-touted, but I think some flicks in the Vietnam War genre might be the most underrated

Platoon is often put in the top 100 films, but usually barely cracks it, and honestly I could see how someone could think it's the best war film of all time. It's so realistic since the film's director, Oliver Stone, actually served there. And it might have the best cast among war films. Full Metal Jacket, also one of the most underrated films, because thet masterful Kubrick's (probably the second best director of all time after Hitchcock) direction is awesome and especially for the opening scene, and while the film might not convey the best message for a war film, the film might be top 100 all time and yet it often doesn't even grace top 300 lists.
    Last edited by 72-10; 09-27-2020 at 10:51 PM.

watched this over the weekend... very powerful movie.

highly recommended... should be available on Netflix if you haven't cancelled that yet.

9.5/10