Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Any other Craft Beer snobs here?

Besides myself?

Outside of attempting to drink a Bud light during last football season, I haven't drank a domestic beer in over 3yrs. Not sure if I'll ever drink a domestic again. Will drink liquor before doing so. Domestic's have absolutely ZERO fvcking taste compared to Craft beers.

to IPA styles. Especially double and imperials

Default Re: Any other Craft Beer snobs here?

<---

Going to all the local breweries is a fav. past time of mine. Swear a new one opens up in Indy every other weekend.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

I'm actually an ambassador for a craft beer company here in Vancouver. We're like the Portland for craft beer. The mecca in Canada. I know beer like the back of my hand

not a snob and normally don't care for craft beers...

having said that, this might be the best beer i ever tasted. shame they haven't made it in years.

The IPA trend a couple of years ago killed it for me. I'd rather have a nice saison over an IPA anyday. Saisons are more about the flavor over the hoppiness. More of a sipping beer. A true connoissuer beer for those who value flavor

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
    <---

Going to all the local breweries is a fav. past time of mine. Swear a new one opens up in Indy every other weekend.
    My brewery taps a new cask weekly. We f@ck with so many flavors. Yesterday we did an oak aged Vanilla Amber ale. I've worked there now a couple of months and literally have have a new cask every week. I'm working with the brewmaster now in doing a tea series. We're coming up with a roibos ale. We'll see what we come up with

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    The IPA trend a couple of years ago killed it for me.
    same. never been a fan. but they were all the rage during my 20s. dont drink often these days but when i do i love me some sour beers.

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    same. never been a fan. but they were all the rage during my 20s. dont drink often these days but when i do i love me some sour beers.
    Yup. It became a contest of who can make the most hoppiest bitter beer. Then the hipsters started drinking it to show off their affinity for craft beer. Hipsters were weird that way. Went straight from Pabst Blue ribbon to IPA afficianados

You'll love saisons. Not too sour, but very bold in flavor. It can be sweet and sour at the same time. We put out a small batch Pina Colada Saison. Brewmaster nailed it.

My brewery taps a new cask weekly. We f@ck with so many flavors. Yesterday we did an oak aged Vanilla Amber ale. I've worked there now a couple of months and literally have have a new cask every week. I'm working with the brewmaster now in doing a tea series. We're coming up with a roibos ale. We'll see what we come up with
    What brewery? You guys ship to the States?

The best beer I've had in the past year:

Absolutely delicious.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

I'm a miller lite snob.

I don't hate craft beers, they are just so f*cking heavy and filling. It's like drinking a liquified loaf of bread.

I really don't get the hate on domestic beer. I know it's the hipster thing to hate on domestic beer nowadays but on a hot day i'd rather drink something refreshing.

Absolutely delicious.
    Not gonna share my brewery. Since I'm the ambassador my personal information will be 100% completely exposed. Not a good idea for all the physcos on ISH.

But no, we don't ship to the US. We're not scaled yet. Plus US has different brewing laws.

Interesting take on an IPA. Nut flavors usually get burried in the hops. It looks good!

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    I'm a miller lite snob.

I don't hate craft beers, they are just so f*cking heavy and filling. It's like drinking a liquified loaf of bread.

I really don't get the hate on domestic beer. I know it's the hipster thing to hate on domestic beer nowadays but on a hot day i'd rather drink something refreshing.
    Hipsters used to hate craft beer and protested it by drinking Pabst. Then went the completely opposite direction and went with the hoppiest beer.

God bless them because that's all they spend their low income on. Trying to look cool in our tasting rooms.

Absolutely delicious.
    Baklava

Interesting

Alcohol is poison.

Just drink water, and occasionally fruit juice.

The IPA trend a couple of years ago killed it for me. I'd rather have a nice saison over an IPA anyday. Saisons are more about the flavor over the hoppiness. More of a sipping beer. A true connoissuer beer for those who value flavor
    I most definitely like the flavor, but also like only having to drink 5-6 doubles or imperials to feel just as good as if I drank 8-10 domestics in one sitting

I'm not a sipping guy. Years go I had 2 jobs and by the time I got home, I'd eat and hurry up and drink about 8 beers over 2-3 hour span and go to bed. Get up and do it all over again, to where now, it's hard to just sip.

If it's a Stout like CBS (which I'm sure you're familiar with) then yeah, it's a sipper cause I really can't drink more than a few bombers of those types in a sitting.