Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast
    -primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote Originally Posted by Free
    The HEat were 18-14 with Wade and without Shaq, they were 16-8 with Shaq and without Wade. Shaq had a much healthier team to work with not to mention the additon of Eddie Jones who was huge and the return of RIley.
    well, it still can't be denied that the Heat would not be in the playoffs without shaq's performance during Wade's absence

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    well, it still can't be denied that the Heat would not be in the playoffs without shaq's performance during Wade's absence
    Okay, your point?

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

And vice versa!

Banned

This is a worthless debate, stop wasting your ****ing time people.

Banned

its only a worthless debate, because some people, like to make up false claims about a player as a way of degrading the quality/performance of another player. i wont say any names ;]

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by Richie2k6
    Okay, your point?
    that Wade needs shaq to make the playoffs unlike Kobe or Lebron

that Wade is overrated...

that is the point here

and when shaq is all but gone we will see if Wade can do what Lebron did this year in the East....my guess is that everyone will realize just how overrated wade is.

Local High School Star

that is the point here

and when shaq is all but gone we will see if Wade can do what Lebron did this year in the East....my guess is that everyone will realize just how overrated wade is.
    there should be a documentary made on maverick fans and dwade. maybe they should get together for lunch or something.

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by The Hurricane
    This is a worthless debate, stop wasting your ****ing time people.
    there is no debate here that isn't...we are just posting our thoughts like any other thread here.

I think that right now based off of this season that Dirk > Wade....and I use Shaq and injuries to back it up...that is all

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by artest 93
    there should be a documentary made on maverick fans and dwade. maybe they should get together for lunch or something.

I would bring a gun and murder Wade, probably.

im joking

I rule the local playground Devientz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Free
    Seriously, how has he NOT proven himself. You're not giving any valid points here. Are you using his age against him, if so LeBron shouldn't be in the discussion. And he has already accomplished more than guys like Garnett and Dirk in his short career. So a guy that's advanced to at least the second round of the playoffs in his first three years, led his team to the conference finals his second year and led his team to the championship in his third year as an underdog hasn't proven himself??? If he was being compared to all time greats, I'd understand but we're talking about Top 5 players today. And why don't Wade's numbers count when they've resulted in success?

Oh and Caron Butler was injured most of his rookie year and he was a 9ppg player, NO WHERE near the player he is today.
    The thing I hold against Wade is the team he had when he won his championship. While I know none of them were in their prime and Wade, being young, led the team....You had Shaq, Payton, Mourning, walker, williams.ect...a ton of great vetarans. and thats half the battle...Again I DO think Wade is a great player..easily top 10 right now...but leading a team of veterans to the finals vs leading a team of inexperienced players are very different. Leading a team with those players to a ring is great and all but it doesnt overthrow the likes of Garnett Kobe and Nash IMO. I dont know why you cant understand my reasoning, its not that unreasonable..In my list, Wade was #6/7....I also said if he could easily change my mind next season
    Last edited by Devientz; 07-01-2007 at 10:21 PM.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

that is the point here

LeBron has a better supporting cast than Wade does when Wade doesn't have Shaq. He has better role players and the defense is about even. Without Shaq the Heat wouldn't make the playoffs but thats because they have a bad team not because Wade is any less of a player. Wade had a winning record without Shaq so in the weak east he might make the playoffs without Shaq and with the weak current line up.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

that is the point here

You do know that when Shaq is gone, that's 20 million dollars of cap space being released right??? What do you think that the heat are not going to acquire other palyers to build around Wade??? Seriously!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Here's my top 5:
    1. Duncan
    2. Kobe
    3. Lebron
    4. Dirk
    5. Garnett

Dirk is the MVP of the season and I still dont understand why other people being injured is used against him.

Nonetheless, I can understand the dislike for him and his game but please listen to this.

The reason why he doesnt drive/post-up is b/c that isnt the way he plays. If he starts playing like that, then the way the mavs play on offense changes. So i think thats a reason why he doesnt post-up so much.

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by The Hurricane
    I would bring a gun and murder Wade, probably.

im joking
    I would murder the refs, not wade...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fydhtOSlfW0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y8nI1PPYOk

the Mavs were not allowed to play any defense that series

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I would murder the refs, not wade...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fydhtOSlfW0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y8nI1PPYOk

the Mavs were not allowed to play any defense that series
    that still amazes me every time i see that. I cant believe you can ACTUALLY call that a foul.