Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Back to work: Post virus break

In the late stages of Game 1 of the 1997 NBA Finals, Utah Jazz big man Karl Malone was at the free throw line attempting to help his team steal a win. The game was tied at 82 with 9.2 seconds remaining when Malone went to the charity stripe, but he ended up missing both free throws thanks to one classic line from Pippen. “I had my brother in town, my brother was a postman,” Pippen said on ESPN. Karl Malone was at the free throw line and the game is on the line. I was pretty good friends with Karl actually so I just walked by him and said ‘the Mailman don’t deliver on Sunday.’ To this day, I think that’s the greatest line in basketball.
    – via CBSSports.com

At the end of the broadcast, the guys were showing their appreciation for one another as they were saying goodbye. Malone asked the players one thing at the end. “I need to say this because I know that (John) Stockton and I have been talking a lot recently,” Malone stated. “Coach (Jerry) Sloan is not doing well, so I want you guys to pray for coach Sloan.
    – via KSL Sports

https://thejnotes.com/2020/05/17/dan...-jazz-history/

Larry Knight didn't even make the team!

Adrian Wojnarowski: Utah Jazz F Bojan Bogdanovic is undergoing season-ending surgery on his right wrist, sources tell ESPN. Full recovery expected for start of 2020-21 season. He’s averaged 20 points per game for Jazz, fourth-seed in West. – via Twitter wojespn

This rumor is part of a storyline: 8 more rumors
    Adrian Wojnarowski: Bogdanovic injured wrist in January and played in pain throughout season. The discomfort/injury emerged again during shutdown, sources said. Decision for surgery makes sense to protect him and franchise for long-term. He signed a four-year, $73M deal last summer. – via Twitter wojespn
    why now and not months ago? I guess he couldn't have elective surgery before?

Shams Charania: Sources: The Knicks are finalizing hiring Jazz VP of Player Personnel Walt Perrin as assistant general manager as they reshuffle front office under Leon Rose. Perrin is a well-respected executive who has worked in Jazz organization for 19 years.
    – via Twitter ShamsCharania

Ian Begley: Knicks are expected to hire Jazz VP of Player Personnel Walt Perrin as assistant GM, per league sources. In addition to Perrin, Knicks president Leon Rose has added Brock Aller in a VP role and retained Scott Perry as general manager. The Athletic first reported the Perrin hire.
    – via Twitter IanBegley

Sarah Todd: Bojan will have surgery tomorrow in New York. He has been in Utah during the hiatus.
    – via Twitter NBASarah

Eric Walden: Jazz say Bojan Bogdanovic injured a ligmament sometime in 2019 and has been getting periodic check-ups from doctors ever since. He will undergo surgery tomorrow morning in New York.
    – via Twitter tribjazz

Tony Jones: The Jazz won’t immediate search for a replacement for Walt Perrin, League Sources tell The Athletic. They will divide his responsibility up in house
    – via Twitter Tjonesonthenba

kind of figured with all the gm's they have. He's been running the draft workouts for a long time though

https://*********.com/2020/04/22/rud...trade-options/

The Knicks could be looking to trade their young players and future picks for an established All-Star like Gobert. With no player seemingly safe under the new Knicks front office, they could offer a package that includes Julius Randle, Mitchell Robinson, and a future first-round pick for Gobert. The Jazz get their center of the future in Robinson who, like Gobert, came into the league very raw but with attributes that suggested elite defensive potential. They also get a viable power forward in Randle who could be a great small-ball center.
    Robinson would make some sense

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2020/...ending-surgery

With Bogdanovic sidelined and Ingles becoming a mainstay with the starting five, the Jazz would have few options off the bench at the forward position, leading to increased minutes and responsibility for both reserve Niang, and starting man Royce O’Neale.

Ingles would start and Mudiay would be next in line if there is any regular season. Playoffs the rotation is shortened anyway

https://www.slcdunk.com/nba-offseaso...-nba-offseason

If the league is forced to play a 2020-21 season without fans they could see up to a 40% reduction in revenue. Such a hit could cost Utah at least $116.8M in revenue. If Utah made only 60% of their estimated revenue of their 2018-2019 season, they would only bring in $175 million for the entire season. The Jazz are already on the hook for $117 million in payroll alone next season for 12 players. If they were to re-sign Jordan Clarkson on a deal similar to his current contract, Utah would be at about $130M in salary. That’s before we account for a 1st round pick ($1.9) and a potential Mid Level Exception ($6M).

starting 4 and better D without losing spacing on offense should be the goal

Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell say they have buried the hatchet and are looking at competing when they get back on the court. That’s awesome. But the bill is about to come due. Utah may have to split up their team. It won’t be due to drama in the locker room. It will be Utah trying to balance the books. This is not another Utah has to trade either Rudy Gobert or Donovan Mitchell piece. This is about Utah having to move their expensive contracts regardless of the name attached to them. Those players would include Bojan Bogdanovic, Mike Conley, Rudy Gobert, and Joe Ingles. If Utah does have to shed salary, I doubt they want to repeat the Paul Millsap and Al Jefferson offseason where they let both walk away for nothing.

Wasn't nothing. Cap space

Andy Larsen: Bojan Bogdanovic’s wrist surgery in NYC this morning was successful, team says. The injury occurred in 2019, Jazz say. “Bogdanović will begin his rehabilitation at the appropriate time and will remain out indefinitely. Further updates will be provided as needed.”
    – via Twitter andyblarsen

Sarah Todd: Re: Bogdanovic surgery and recovery timetable, He’s looking at roughtly 4-6 months says orthopedic surgeon at Cedars-Sinai Kerlan-Jobe Institute David Clark Hay, MD. Because it was his shooting hand and he is a regular outside shooter, there is concern about lingering tightness
    – via Twitter NBASarah
    If he'd had the surgery when they first stopped playing he'd have been back possibly for a possible return of this season

Eric Walden: Utah Jazz guard Mike Conley, to the media on a Zoom call, on why he made his $200K donation now: “Immediately, my knee-jerk reaction was to do something right away,” but he wanted to research where his money could ultimately provide the most help.
    – via Twitter tribjazz