Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Michael Jordan would really struggle against today's athletes

Quote Originally Posted by LostCause View Post
    Arguably the best player in the game today (Durant) said MJ would be the best player in the game today but let's take the wealth of knowledge of a random alt account into higher consideration

lol
    So... couple things...

The alt account is clearly trolling.

Durant being a basketball player... and even being the best player... has nothing to do with whether or not his opinion is valid. That's irrelevant. Great players and even the greatest players say and do stupid shit all the time. Kevin Durant himself says and does incredibly stupid shit on the regular. It's clockwork... every single year, there are multiple things. EVERY YEAR!!! I mean, this is a guy that went and teamed up with Kyrie Irving because they both have a hardon for wanting to be in LeBron's shoes, lol... anyways...

Yes, MJ would be the best player in the league in 2020... no shit. Only a fool would deny that.

And in any event...

The troll account is retarded, Kevin Durant is retarded, and YOU are retarded. ****ing retarded mother****ers literally everywhere. That's my life... all the way to the grave. Retards, retards, retards.

Banned

Jordan was 6’6 with a 40

We have scrubs these days who are 6’6 with a 40 like Spencer

Jordan was better than Kobe and Kobe scored 81 in a tougher era.

GAME OVER

Serious playground baller

Na...

Jordan would still destroy today's athletes. Jordan would have the same access to technology, equipment, diet, etc as today

Whereas we know that today's athletes will cry for their mommy's if they went back to Jordon's era.

Think about it... Today's athletes are still inferior to Jordan even with their advantages with access to more advance equipments and tech

Nobody with half a brain think's he would "struggle".

His athleticism would not stand out AS MUCH as it did in his era. As many people have pointed out, there's a bevvy of scrubs who have 40+ inch verticals. To me, this says that it takes WAY WAY WAY more than just speed and vert to be a GOAT-level ball player.

MJ would not be able to play the same type of game he did back then. Posting up and shooting fadeaway 2's like in his second 3-peat is just not going to fly as the first option on offense these days (as a top level offense). With the legalization of zone-D, it's harder to get 1-on-1 looks from the post. Guys can sag off their men and cover more of his avenues of attack. That's why the 3 point shooting and off-ball play are so essential.

If his style of play would have to change for this era, it's pretty much impossible to judge how good he would be. He'd be a top-5 defensive wing, a top-5 iso scorer, top-5 offensive positioning, and a top-5 transition player in the league right now. That's 1st team all-NBA.

In 97-98, ~60% of MJ's shots were between 10ft and the 3 point line. He shot ~44% on these shots. He shot about 50% on those looks the year before. That translates to around 1 point per play, which is a (slightly) below-average offensive look. Of course, there is an advantage in having a shot that you can get off at the end of shot clocks....but as 60% of your shots?
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 05-13-2020 at 10:46 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post
    So... couple things...

Durant being a basketball player... and even being the best player... has nothing to do with whether or not his opinion is valid. That's irrelevant. Great players and even the greatest players say and do stupid shit all the time. Kevin Durant himself says and does incredibly stupid shit on the regular. It's clockwork... every single year, there are multiple things. EVERY YEAR!!! I mean, this is a guy that went and teamed up with Kyrie Irving because they both have a hardon for wanting to be in LeBron's shoes, lol... anyways...

Yes, MJ would be the best player in the league in 2020... no shit. Only a fool would deny that.

And in any event...

The troll account is retarded, Kevin Durant is retarded, and YOU are retarded. ****ing retarded mother****ers literally everywhere. That's my life... all the way to the grave. Retards, retards, retards.

have you ever heard the story if you meet one asshole today, you met one asshole, but if everybody you met was an asshole, YOU are the asshole.

Catch my drift?

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LostCause View Post
    Arguably the best player in the game today (Durant) said MJ would be the best player in the game today but let's take the wealth of knowledge of a random alt account into higher consideration

lol
    Hey retard, how did Jordan do as a GM?

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post
    So... couple things...

And in any event...

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    Hey retard, how did Jordan do as a GM?
    The **** does MJ as GM have to do with Durant, moron? How has Jerry West done as GM?

Anyway I think you're lost. You aren't done melting down over Kobe are you?
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...rankings-40-11
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...rs-of-all-time

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

I mean he said himself he would struggle in todays NBA

. But there was one that might be bothersome, the zone defense. It was the topic du jour at last month's All-Star Game, and Jordan was making an impassioned plea before the competition committee that had gathered to consider rules changes to enliven the NBA game. Jordan spoke passionately. If teams were able to play zone defenses, he said, he never would have had the career he did.

That was Jordan's argument: He believed that allowing any defense, or a zone, enables teams to gang up on the star. Gone will be the highlight-show moves and plays, the ESPN-ization of the game that others contend has been detrimental to sound play.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    have you ever heard the story if you meet one asshole today, you met one asshole, but if everybody you met was an asshole, YOU are the asshole.

Catch my drift?
    Oh man you really got me! It was I that was the retard all along!!! Ohhh nooooo!!!

No, but seriously... I'll let you figure out who you are in this scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwJFsjKZ360&t=60

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    I mean he said himself he would struggle in todays NBA
    Good thing they prevented what MJ spoke about from occurring because of that meeting

Granpa MJ trolling these athletes on the offensive end imagine if he's still on his prime on those clips

5-8 midgets averaging 29ppg and Jordan would have issues

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    He would struggle against zone defenses and prolific 3 point shooters on the other side of the ball

Jordan would be just another guy in this era

Not to mention social media taking its toll on the mentally fragile Jordan, who couldn't handle the passing of his father
    This

+